Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re:What would you do with Super Bowl tickets???

I'm bumping this to see if anyone knows anything about the lottery from the Vikes. I know it's done before the Conference championship games, but I can't find anything on Vikings.com.

I bought my playoff tickets. Does that mean I'm automatically entered into the lottery?

I wish there was more info... or maybe someone knows where to look?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

SKOL wrote:
    I'm bumping this to see if anyone knows anything about the lottery from the Vikes. I know it's done before the Conference championship games, but I can't find anything on Vikings.com.

I bought my playoff tickets. Does that mean I'm automatically entered into the lottery?

Yes - by buying your playoff tickets, you are qualified for the lottery. Neum said yesterday that it should happen this week, but that (I believe) was based upon prior experience, not anything he'd read.

I'd call the ticket office, if you're really itching to know.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    SKOL wrote:

Yes - by buying your playoff tickets, you are qualified for the lottery. Neum said yesterday that it should happen this week, but that (I believe) was based upon prior experience, not anything he'd read.

I'd call the ticket office, if you're really itching to know.

=Z=
    In both 1998 and 2000 the lottery was held before the NFC Championship game. Even though the Pro Bowl is before the Super Bowl this year, there is still only two weeks between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. So I expect it to be the same.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What would you do with Super Bowl tickets???

When opportunity presents itself, you have to take advantage of it if you have the means to get there.

I don't advocate selling your food stamps to go and leave your newborn at home alone for a week.

The chance that the Vikes make the SB and you got picked for the tickets at regular price are 2 things that you have no control over, you can't make it happen when you want, unless you have a crap load of discretionary funds. I would never spend $3200/ticket even if I did have the money.

I wouldn't hold it against anyone for selling them or buying them.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Found a condo in the Keys, hoping to hit the lottery... then the trigger will be a big win on Sunday.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Acumen wrote:
    I would go to the game.
    Experiences are worth more than money 100% of the time.
    This, I believe, is where I would stand on this.

I must admit it would be tough. As the father of two young girls with car payment, student loans, medical bills and some debt (not too bad mind you) ... the money would be tempting.

But a Super Bowl experience is a memory for a lifetime. I don't think I would pass it up.
    None

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Last time Neum and I won the lottery, it was the week of the NFC championship game.

That was before we got destroyed 41-donut.

The notifications should be out this week.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

It is too bad the NFL didn't have more fans of the two teams at the game, but that is fodder for a different topic.

If the Vikings were in it, I would go for sure. How could I pass that up? I may be dead before being given another chance, and those seats are already reserved.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Being a broke-ass student. I'm sure you know the answer.

As much as I'd love to go to the superbowl, its just not happening. I'd never afford to fly down to wherever the superbowl is being held, stay at the jacked up priced hotel rooms, then spend thousands on tickets after that. Just can't happen. Perhaps later in life its a possibility, but now, i'd sell them, no question. I plan on entering th elottery every year from now on, if I win, I'll find myself a buyer. If I can't, then I'll pass them up, but the opportunity to make huge money is great. Only way I could work going is if the Vikes were in the superbowl and convinced my dad to pay, as he could afford it.

green hornet is offline Starter

Although the saints/colts is a great matchup, I would still not attend for that kind of coin.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast