Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Re: What would you do with Super Bowl tickets???

With the superbowl being played in Miami and being that I live in Miami, I would have to chose to goto the game. Ive only seen the Vikings play once in my life and thats when they came to Miami a few years ago.

I mean think about it, in LandShark stadium and the watching the Vikings play for the possibility of their first ever SuperBowl win. As a Viking fan living in Miami you HAVE to go.

If they win, I think I would probably break down and cry. But if they lose, I think I would be a silent mute in depression for years.

I was fortunate to get a ticket and sit with a season ticket holder on sunday. He was mentioning what he guesses will be the odds he'll be one of the 7,000 or so season ticket holders that would have the opp. to get the tickets. He said he would go, and if i have the go ahead from the boss(wife) and he invited me, i would go too.

Side Note: If i have enough genuine interest, and i don't go to miami, i will be having a Super Bowl party here at my house. 110" HD screen, snacks, maybe pizza and BYOB.

Side Note 2: Anyone showing up with alcohol, will immediately have their keys collected unless they have a DD on site. I live in St. Cloud, if you're wondering.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    As alot of us know, a SB just doesn't come around every other year or so.
    I would have to ask someone who has been to one, his opinion.
    I'd probably opt to go ahead and cash out and use the money for something else.

Were is Nodcack when you need him.
    Only cat I know thats actually been to a SB.
    All the rest are poor like me and can't afford it.

;D
    Ask and you shall receive...

With my first sales job out of college I got the use of Bills season tickets from my company to entertain.
    The company bought the full playoff package, but didnt enter the lottery for the
    "Wide Right" Super Bowl in Tampa.
    The next year when the playoffs rolled around I asked my boss, if I put my own money up can I enter the lottery, and if I win the tickets then they would be mine and not the company's and he agreed.

So long story short I hit the lottery the next two years in a row and got tickets.
    Although the lure of quick money was attractive, for me it never seemed to outweigh the other positive benefits of going to the game.
    Year one was a no-brainer as the Super Bowl was in Minneapolis, and I was able to take my Dad to the game when no-one from my home town in SD would ever be able to get tickets I got to take my Dad.
    It doesnt get much cooler than that.
    My Dad comes from that generation that survived the depression, etc and is not the kind of person who would ever do something like that on his own, but he had a great time with me, and we still talk about it every once in a while.

The second year was a little tougher.
    While I had already promised my best friend and college roommate who lived in CA that we would go to the game at the Rose Bowl against the Cowboys.
    He had already mailed me a plane ticket.
    But the day I picked up my tickets (face value of around $700 that year I think) and walking to my car in the parking lot people were offering me $3000 cash, I have to admit it was tempting.
    The funny part was my reasoning for thinking about it was that I could buy a TV, etc, all the things that have been mentioned here.
    And my logic was that the game would come and go, but after the game I would still have the TV, etc.
    However I knew my buddy would be heartbroken so I didnt sell them.
    I can tell you with the wisdom of many years passing I can now tell you unequivocally that by now the TV of anything else I likely would have purchased would not be long gone, but my buddy and I always will have the memories of going to the game (at least until my memory goes)

So if the money is the question, then I submit it isnt even a question.
    My only dilemma would be more along the lines that I would be worried about being superstitious and not being in the lucky place where I normally watch the games.
    I already wondering if the Vikes make the Super Bowl would I go to the Super Bowl party that my neighbor throws every year (and it is a hell of a SB party) or would I just stay home alone in the Vikings Room (Man Cave)?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

sell them and buy a huge tv

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I would go to the game.
    Experiences are worth more than money 100% of the time.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am going to bump this quote, becaue it may have been missed, and this is actually pretty important information if you are thinking of buying them just to sell...

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    FYI, it will still likely be possible to resell the tickets, but it might not be as easy as you think.
    The NFL imposed a new rule for 2010 that all tickets must be collected in person at the stadium.
    The tickets will be in the owner's name, and the owner needs to claim the tickets with a valid ID.
    With the tickets the NFL awarded through the annual lottery, they are allowing ticket owners to change the name on the ticket ONCE, and this must be done NLT January 6th 2010.
    This is, as you know, BEFORE the playoffs, and possibly even before the Vikings do their superbowl lottery.
    So Superbowl tickets need to be in someone's name BEFORE the two superbowl births are decided.

For the record, if you get the chance to go, and can afford to, I would absolutely recommend it.
    The SB I went to was absolutely unbelievable.
    Here is the thread I made on it: http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=42097.0

If you know that you can't go, but still win the Vikings lottery, I would HIGHLY recommend having a buyer lined up before you buy the tickets.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Turboe" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    As alot of us know, a SB just doesn't come around every other year or so.
    I would have to ask someone who has been to one, his opinion.
    I'd probably opt to go ahead and cash out and use the money for something else.

Were is Nodcack when you need him.
    Only cat I know thats actually been to a SB.
    All the rest are poor like me and can't afford it.

;D
    Ask and you shall receive...

With my first sales job out of college I got the use of Bills season tickets from my company to entertain.
    The company bought the full playoff package, but didnt enter the lottery for the
    "Wide Right" Super Bowl in Tampa.
    The next year when the playoffs rolled around I asked my boss, if I put my own money up can I enter the lottery, and if I win the tickets then they would be mine and not the company's and he agreed.

So long story short I hit the lottery the next two years in a row and got tickets.
    Although the lure of quick money was attractive, for me it never seemed to outweigh the other positive benefits of going to the game.
    Year one was a no-brainer as the Super Bowl was in Minneapolis, and I was able to take my Dad to the game when no-one from my home town in SD would ever be able to get tickets I got to take my Dad.
    It doesnt get much cooler than that.
    My Dad comes from that generation that survived the depression, etc and is not the kind of person who would ever do something like that on his own, but he had a great time with me, and we still talk about it every once in a while.

The second year was a little tougher.
    While I had already promised my best friend and college roommate who lived in CA that we would go to the game at the Rose Bowl against the Cowboys.
    He had already mailed me a plane ticket.
    But the day I picked up my tickets (face value of around $700 that year I think) and walking to my car in the parking lot people were offering me $3000 cash, I have to admit it was tempting.
    The funny part was my reasoning for thinking about it was that I could buy a TV, etc, all the things that have been mentioned here.
    And my logic was that the game would come and go, but after the game I would still have the TV, etc.
    However I knew my buddy would be heartbroken so I didnt sell them.
    I can tell you with the wisdom of many years passing I can now tell you unequivocally that by now the TV of anything else I likely would have purchased would not be long gone, but my buddy and I always will have the memories of going to the game (at least until my memory goes)

So if the money is the question, then I submit it isnt even a question.
    My only dilemma would be more along the lines that I would be worried about being superstitious and not being in the lucky place where I normally watch the games.
    I already wondering if the Vikes make the Super Bowl would I go to the Super Bowl party that my neighbor throws every year (and it is a hell of a SB party) or would I just stay home alone in the Vikings Room (Man Cave)?
    Thanks for the reply.

I was talking to Wildwoman about this last night.
    She made a comment......."You basically packed up and flew out the door, regardless of cost, for the Iggles playoff game.
    I doubt you'd miss this.".

She probably knows me better than anyone and is probably correct.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the reply.

She made a comment......."You basically packed up and flew out the door, regardless of cost, for the Iggles playoff game.

I told my wife if the Vikings make the SB I am finding a way to go.
    They haven't been to one in my lifetime.
    They've offered 30 years of heart break and sorrow.
    There is no way in hell I am missing their first chance at redemption, at the ultimate joy a football fan can feel for his team.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the reply.

I told my wife if the Vikings make the SB I am finding a way to go.
    They haven't been to one in my lifetime.
    They've offered 30 years of heart break and sorrow.
    There is no way in hell I am missing their first chance at redemption, at the ultimate joy a football fan can feel for his team.

I am with you on that.
    If they make it, I will be there.
    Dont know how, but I will find a way!!

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Having three kids and a boatload of bills I could never justify spending $1600 for a ticket, Now if buying and selling for a $2000 profit were possible-That I would do, Of course I'd love to see the Vikings in the big game, But a 60 inch HD, With a Keg and couple hundred wings could be a nice party, I'm one of those people who think watching a game on a nice TV, in the comforts of your own home, Food, beer, clean bathroom, Stop and start the game if needed with the DVR is better than some of the trouble of getting to the game, staying somewhere there, parking, $10.00 beers and crowded-ness,

The Super Bowl is a different story of course, But the steep price is what would be the factor keeping me from going.

If I somehow got free tickets, I would drive myself, stay at a Motel 6, (Or my car if I had too) and eat 7/11 hot dogs to make it possible.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast