Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: what would it take for YOU to want tice back next season?

I really like Mike but I'm really having some doubts. He sets off this year with a few goals in mind. ie: Better special teams and fewer mistakes. Well both areas continue to stink. I don't know if it's his coaching ability, the players aren't listening or what. But he just can't seem to get all the players on the same page at the same time.
    Of course I hope he does well. The players love him and so do all the people that work for him and with him. I think he's learning on the job and that's OK, but he's had the job long enugh now that the learning should be enought that he can coach with authority and I think he's lacking in that department. I think he's hesitant some times and bit "old school."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

am i the only one here that likes and trusts tice?

Go vikes!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I support Tice 100 percent.. I think he is the most player friendly coach in the league.. If he can get like 10-12 wins and hopefully a few playoff wins I would be more then happy to have him back.. Who would we replace him with anyway? Are there any coaches contracts that are about to expire?

80_was_the_man is offline Training Camp

Thers no school like the old school in my opinion. And if he continues to coach "old school" style it would be fine with me. He is aggressive and there are very few coaches who coach aggressively in this league. The only part of game day coaching he needs to improve(and it is crucial) is clock management. Other than that I want him back.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: what would it take for YOU to want tice back next season

I think a 10 win season is what im expecting so Tice has to win at least that for me to be happy with him. I think he has to win atleast 1 playoff game as well.

I like tice, I just dont always agree with him on some of his play calls. But for all I know the play calls could have been all the o-cordinators idea with no input from tice. He seems like a guy that delegates work and lets the people in charge do thier jobs.

Overall I hope he is back next year, but if not.... oh well, im sure there are better coaches out there, but I guess there could be worse ones too.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Clarification needed...
    In my earlier post where I mentioned "old school" what I meant was he doesn't change his offense much. I hear Viking coaches all the time saying well, "he's used to our offensive plan from before," speaking of Brad Johnson. Now I don't know what is meant by that and nonw of us is preevy to the information the players and coaches have, but if the Vikings offense hasn't changed in that long (Dennis Green era) every coach in the NFL must know our style.
    Tell me...What am I missing here?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

whoa!

I am a Vikings fan and everything, but isn't it a little big to be saying, "Yes, Superbowl this year. No way it's out of our reach." I mean, there are still some teams that have plenty o' talent. I just think it's a little early to be doing the Namath superbowl prediction.
    Have you ever had a Big Kahuna Burger?

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I think we've had a lot of talent the last two years and we have talent comming out of our nose this year.

Tice needs to win the SuperBowl this year to stay. I think he was thrown into a head coaching job a little too soon, but has the potential. Now he has the experience and he needs to realize his potential. There is 1 thing standing in his way and that is Ted Cottrell who really isn't very good. Tice needs to make sure the defense isn't ruined by this idiot.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

what stupidity!

I don't think it's out of the question to win a Super Bowl, but putting his coaching job on the line to do so?
    Have you ever had a Big Kahuna Burger?

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:
    what stupidity!

I don't think it's out of the question to win a Super Bowl, but putting his coaching job on the line to do so?
    I agree. Winning the Super Bowl would be nice, but we are far FAR away from that. If we had Bill Belichek as our coach and we lost in the Conference Finals, would you fire him? Of course not, winning the Super Bowl would be great, but you can't expect it. A lot of things have to happen for you to win the Super Bowl, and one of those things is having a lot of luck. Just look at last year: a lot of good teams and a lot of good coaches didn't win the Super Bowl.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast