Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    What would my chances be?

    What would my chances be of getting an internship with the vikings in one of the upcomming summers?

    The reason I ask is because I figure some of you may have tried or might know. (Hey a guy never knows unless he asks)

    I plan on attending law school after I finsih my undergrad, and I want to either become a sports agent or work in the front office of a team,

    So do you any of you have any connections or contacts that could help me out?

    I really would appreciate it, I feel I am qualified to work for their organization over a summer. (The job wouldn't matter, I just want the experience)

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: What would my chances be?

    You just want to hide in the laundry hamper and steal jerseys like on the shop.NFL commercials! :wink:

  3. #3
    Prophet Guest

    Re: What would my chances be?

    Probably ranging from 0-100%.

    If nobody on the site has insider information then call the front office and ask about the opportunities and who the person to talk to/address the letter to would be. Send a professional cover letter with your resume and see what happens.

    The best bet is to contact the ball boy and the janitor. I heard they have all kinds of insider information.

  4. #4
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: What would my chances be?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Probably ranging from 0-100%.
    -----------------------:laughing3:

  5. #5
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: What would my chances be?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Probably ranging from 0-100%.

    If nobody on the site has insider information then call the front office and ask about the opportunities and who the person to talk to/address the letter to would be. Send a professional cover letter with your resume and see what happens.
    Good advice. I had the idea in my head that some of you possibly worked with the vikings at one time or another.

    And no I am not applying just to steal jerseys. But if I did *acquire" some jerseys, would you like to buy any? :grin:

  6. #6
    twiztedfait's Avatar
    twiztedfait is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    173

    Re: What would my chances be?

    "baumy300" wrote:
    But if I did *acquire" some jerseys, would you like to buy any? :grin:
    YES!!!! :grin:

  7. #7
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: What would my chances be?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    You just want to hide in the laundry hamper and steal jerseys like on the shop.NFL commercials! :wink:
    Talk to Turboe on this issue! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #8
    badbois's Avatar
    badbois is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    301

    Re: What would my chances be?

    maybe you should try and get an internship with ppo, they probably need someone to wash clothes or something....

  9. #9
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: What would my chances be?

    "baumy300" wrote:
    What would my chances be of getting an internship with the vikings in one of the upcomming summers?

    The reason I ask is because I figure some of you may have tried or might know. (Hey a guy never knows unless he asks)

    I plan on attending law school after I finsih my undergrad, and I want to either become a sports agent or work in the front office of a team,

    So do you any of you have any connections or contacts that could help me out?

    I really would appreciate it, I feel I am qualified to work for their organization over a summer. (The job wouldn't matter, I just want the experience)
    Talk to audioghost (I think he interned for the Sioux Falls Canaries baseball team) or Jackyl (he does PR for several former and current NFL players). Not sure that anyone else here has any inside information. As far as going to law school to become an agent...GOOD LUCK. I have a friend that I went to law school with that worked for a fairly prominent sports agent in Houston all the way through law school to get experience and contacts...then promptly took a job in another area of the law when he graduated. I asked him what the deal was and he told me that the sports agent market is very cliqueish and very tight with who they let in. Over 75% of the "agents" that are registered with the NFL have NO clients...if that gives you any indication of how hard it is to break in. Not trying to discourage you...just giving you the facts....it may behoove you to have a fallback plan if you do choose to pursue this as a career.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #10
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: What would my chances be?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    What would my chances be of getting an internship with the vikings in one of the upcomming summers?

    The reason I ask is because I figure some of you may have tried or might know. (Hey a guy never knows unless he asks)

    I plan on attending law school after I finsih my undergrad, and I want to either become a sports agent or work in the front office of a team,

    So do you any of you have any connections or contacts that could help me out?

    I really would appreciate it, I feel I am qualified to work for their organization over a summer. (The job wouldn't matter, I just want the experience)
    Talk to audioghost (I think he interned for the Sioux Falls Canaries baseball team) or Jackyl (he does PR for several former and current NFL players). Not sure that anyone else here has any inside information. As far as going to law school to become an agent...GOOD LUCK. I have a friend that I went to law school with that worked for a fairly prominent sports agent in Houston all the way through law school to get experience and contacts...then promptly took a job in another area of the law when he graduated. I asked him what the deal was and he told me that the sports agent market is very cliqueish and very tight with who they let in. Over 75% of the "agents" that are registered with the NFL have NO clients...if that gives you any indication of how hard it is to break in. Not trying to discourage you...just giving you the facts....it may behoove you to have a fallback plan if you do choose to pursue this as a career.
    I love you man.

    I was hoping you would chime in in this thread.

    I understand what you mean on the agent business. I guess I just need to have an edge on my competition.

    But thanks a bunch for the contact info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What are my chances
    By i_bleed_purple in forum College Ball
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 02:11 AM
  2. Be honest, what are my chances...
    By Red I 360 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 08:17 AM
  3. OSU Chances for #1
    By ultravikingfan in forum College Ball
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 02:42 PM
  4. Play off chances
    By thanatoschristou in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 06:41 AM
  5. Taking Chances
    By dan3ski in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 09:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •