Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: What will be your strategy coming out of the bye?

[size=18px]PUNT~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size]:twisted:

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    I have been hearing this new playbook bit lately. Did the every wise announcers say that in the game? Wild guess, Baldinger? Am I actually going to have to have the sound on to see?

Are there any new plays? Seriously, when was the last time you saw a truely new play. Not one you haven't seen since the '70's, a truely new play?

Using this logic, do all the West Coast teams need to also throw their playbooks out? Same thing since the 80's. You know what they are going to do. It hasn't changed any. And what??? 10 teams using the same book?

Was anyone bright enough to guess that Atlanta would run? How about run that silly designed QB run? Ya, you coulda guessed it. They need to throw their playbook out, right?

I am at a loss of words for how silly the "Throw the playbook" out plan is to me. Rates right up there with the "They need to hit the waiver wires for a fullback" (if you don't know who Jimmy K. is and what he did/does ...just pretend there is something silly there) plan the announcers had for us in the Bengals game.
    Good coaches change up their motion and alignments and personnel in order to disguise what they are going to do week to week. They throw in a new wrinkle each game in order to confuse the D. We do not. We just line up and run the same plays again and again from the same formation. Why because thats all Tice can do. He looks at Denny Greens play book and calls #3. And, as stated above, he calls plays based on #84 when Moss isn't there anymore. He never made the adjustment. He drafted Williamson to stretch the field as Moss did and then doesn't use him to do that. Yet he calls plays as if there is someone out there stretching the field. He is an idiot.

WWBGD

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The fact of the matter is this:

The team is in shambles. Defense is horrible. I don't care to hear the excuse they are on the field too long, these guys are getting beat in the first quarter they are giving up way too much.

Offense is painful to watch.

I mean this is above Culpepper, this is above Smoot above them all this is a failure at a level that umbrellas all the players. You just don't play this bad of football unless someone dropped the ball higher up.
    I would disagree with the last paragraph.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Del Rio Guest

ok

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

PPE's fix it list--

1. Run Defense. Our run defense was horrible this week. One reason may be that Udeze was out but our run D has been horrible even with Udeze. Our run D was supposed to be so great. I think we need t work really hard with these guys in practice over the next two weeks. Pat is doing a good job overall but he can't carry the whole load. Kevin NEEDS to step up like he did last season. It almost seems as if he is slacking off just because pat is there.

2. Don't abandon the run.. ever. I don't care how far down we are. Mewelde is a plus on our team and we need to run it down their throats as much as we can. It will open up the pass game if we can get a good push and just jam mewelde up the middle. He is a scat back so he should be able to get out of most bad situations if he is getting stopped short... We need to work on being a more run oriented offense in practice.

3. Culpepper. Culpepper needs to work a lot in practice. I don't want to hear anyone saying that we should start Brad Johnson. Brad is there for when Pep goes down. He is not injured right now. He needs to work on throwing on the run and being ready for the pocket to collapse at any given time. This is not an experienced O-line and he needs to be ready for sacks to come if he needs to.

4. LB's... Just plain horrible all the way around. We always think that we finally have a good LB corps and then we figure out that they suck. They need a LOT of work. Especially Napo. Other than Cowart, these guys could be the future of our team..

Other than that... I think we just need to build a solid gameplan and dont stray from it if we are down. This will likely be an easier game then the last few. We have played (not counting NO) what seems like the upper eschilon of the NFL at this time. Those are the teams we need to beat. We have some time to regroup with some easier games against our own division... then we have out the rest of the NFL again. Take advantage of the week division and crush them.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Lets go back to the 80's:

Up the middle, up the middle, throw the bomb, punt! :lol:

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Here's an idea on offense: BE UNPREDICTABLE. Make their defense react to YOU. Confuse THEM. Make THEM wonder what YOU'RE going to do next. Run the no-huddle offense during the first series, and at random periods of time. That way they have less time to plan. Get Culpepper to call more plays at the line of scrimmage. This way, he gets to scan the defense and adjust for weaknesses instead of just going with the bland, generic play that Tice & Co. (aka The Final Culmination of the Theory that Twelve Monkeys Scribbling on 12 Playbooks Will Eventually Become NFL Coaches) decide to call.

This will help our offensive effectiveness and swagger, and remove the fear and confusion they seem to have on the field.

In closing, keep this in mind:

- Every defense has a weakness. For every defensive play called, there is an offensive play that works against it.
    - Every blitz is an opportunity to exploit new weaknesses.
    - Every defender can be fooled.
    - Every deficit is a comeback waiting to happen. The pressure is on the defense, too. They have to hold the lead.
    - In other words, remember that on every play, it is possible to beat the defense. All our Vikings need to do is remember that if they play their best, they already have the defense on their heels. We're better than the teams we've lost to. All we need to do is play like we know it, and put the pressure on them to adjust to our gameplan.

...and maybe work on that offensive line just a LITTLE BIT. That would probably help. :lol:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Strategy?

Here's one:

Start winning games you dopes! :lol:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Pray ... alot. That is my strategy.

Pirate is offline Training Camp

Cowboy up. Win football games.
    Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.

Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast