Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: What will be your strategy coming out of the bye?

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    My strategy after the bye is to buy some really big ribeye's, marinade them over night, and have one hecka time BBQing and watching us play some ball in Chicago. I love being able to pause T.V,. and go turn my steaks over.
    That's what I am talking about!

You have to enjoy the season no matter what man it is over too dang soon!

I think I'm going with Brats that weekend but steak would hit the spot too :grin:

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Also, like Josdin said...block better up front and run shorter routes with your recievers to get em' going....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Peppy could run a little bit more, I mean showing that we can run doesn't just apply to the RBs, Daunte can do his part to make the other team respect the run as well!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

zimtwister is offline Coach

dump frakentice and staff let birk be temp coach.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Get the players crunk

I'm not sure that getting our players crazy AND drunk would help them play better .

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Get the players crunk

I'm not sure that getting our players crazy AND drunk would help them play better .
    I think that is more a strategy for the fans. :lol: My bye week strategy is to look for beer sales in order to get ready for the rest of the season. Its going to be a long haul. :roll:

We need a new play book. We aren't going to get that from Tice and company. Every team we play knows exactly what we are going to do on every play, both O and D.

WWBGD

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I have been hearing this new playbook bit lately. Did the every wise announcers say that in the game? Wild guess, Baldinger? Am I actually going to have to have the sound on to see?

Are there any new plays? Seriously, when was the last time you saw a truely new play. Not one you haven't seen since the '70's, a truely new play?

Using this logic, do all the West Coast teams need to also throw their playbooks out? Same thing since the 80's. You know what they are going to do. It hasn't changed any. And what??? 10 teams using the same book?

Was anyone bright enough to guess that Atlanta would run? How about run that silly designed QB run? Ya, you coulda guessed it. They need to throw their playbook out, right?

I am at a loss of words for how silly the "Throw the playbook" out plan is to me. Rates right up there with the "They need to hit the waiver wires for a fullback" (if you don't know who Jimmy K. is and what he did/does ...just pretend there is something silly there) plan the announcers had for us in the Bengals game.

Del Rio Guest

New plays as in plays designed to emphasise what you have now, not what you had in the 90's, it happens the game evolves nothing stupid about wanting change.

Asking for some actual evolution is no more idiotic then trying to defend Culpepper for his mistakes.

TheViking is offline Rookie

In my opinion this offense was designed to go down field with the big play, open up the crossing routes and allow the running backs to make plays in a depleted middle. We still have a deep threat in Williamson but we are not using him or Pep and or the Staff do not have confidence enough to use him that way. Are running game is non-existent because they are not using the deep pass to set up the rest of the offense; it is designed to be pass first run second. If you are going not going to run the offense the way it is designed to be run then you need to scrap that book and find a new one. You cannot pick and choose from plays if you are not running the basic fundamentals of that offense. Our line is not very good but that doesn’t mean they can’t get better, we should look at the zone blocking that the Bronco’s and Falcon’s use. Our line is not as big as it used to be so we need to make a change to accommodate for that. Tice and company should be replaced but if that happens during the season or in the off-season Wilf needs to bring in coaches who know what they are doing and how to deal with the talent they have available.
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

Del Rio Guest

The fact of the matter is this:

The team is in shambles. Defense is horrible. I don't care to hear the excuse they are on the field too long, these guys are getting beat in the first quarter they are giving up way too much.

Offense is painful to watch.

I mean this is above Culpepper, this is above Smoot above them all this is a failure at a level that umbrellas all the players. You just don't play this bad of football unless someone dropped the ball higher up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast