Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What will Tice Do?

Im pretty sure all of you realized this as well, but last game we finally played how was are supposed to on offense - PASS, PASS, then RUN. All of the other previous games it seemed like we were running as a first priority and then passing. Think about it, what do defenses fear more: our running game, or our pass attack? Id go with pass attack..so why not attack the defense where they dont want you to? By going on the ground so much, you leave 3rd and longs a lot, which gives the defense a better chance and makes it harder on Culpepper.

I thought we had a chance last game when Tice said we werent going to play uptight and conservative in his press conference. And he followed through. By doing that, we got Green Bay in such a hole that they had to take some shots downfield and this played to OUR advantage. We had them on the ropes, not vice versa.

Bottom line: Tice and Linehan need to call an identical game. I dont care if they have better corners or better safeties, and I dont care if Daunte throws an int or 2..we need to throw the ball as a first priority. Then, we can run the ball more effectively.

Watch our first possession...if we run the ball more, I would worry. If we pass more, hold on for a great game!! Personally, I think we should go deep on the first play.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Del Rio Guest

What will Tice Do?

I honestly belive it is out f their hands and in the hands of the players. They need to bring the intensity if that is there it wont really matter what Tice does.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

What will Tice Do?

[size=24px]W.W.T.D.[/size]

What Would Tice Do

What Will Tice Do

We Want a TouchDown.

NO one right now fears our running game. The Eagles will blitz a lot to pressure DC and be expecting the pass. We are just going to have to win anyway we can. With a little of everything.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

What will Tice Do?

I would roll Culpepper more and run him more.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

What will Tice Do?

agree aw, but when we rush its 4.7 an attempt. hard to ignore that. balance. just enought to keep em honest then stomp on their throat with a hob-nail boot. seems vice versa works for us better. punch them in the mouth and them stomp em.
    like del rio said its up to the players to execute like they did on sunday.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

What will Tice Do?

I hope he doesn't have to look foolish when the cameras are constatly showing him on the sideline with steam coming out of his ears. And enough about the comments on his damn pencil in his ear!

Del Rio Guest

What will Tice Do?

Lately when a team brings a blitz our answer is the short pass. And those screens and dump offs seem to be causeing some serious grief for the opposition. I know they will blitz and that is ok because we have a QB that is hard to bring down the more bozo's of the defense that are behind the line of scrimage the less amount of tacklers there are to stop us after we move the ball.

eelpout72 is offline Starter

What will Tice Do?

Agreed. The reason that we won was because our offense was aggressive and scored points early. I think that this is why the defense did so well as the Packers were forced to be more 1-dimensional and Favre was forced to try to do too much. This must be the recipe for success for the vikings. This is the reason why i believe that we had so many interceptions early in the year last year and consequently so many wins.

We should not try to play ball-control offense. For example, it seems like we commonly try to do this against teams that have subpar rush defenses , i.e., by rushing a lot in order to play against the opposing team's weakness. I think that we should be less focused on our opponents weakness and more focused on OUR strengths which is attacking offense and big plays.

We should stop having the mentality that we should take what the defense gives us. We should have the mentality that the opposing defense better adjust to what WE are going to do them.

What will Tice Do?

Marv Levy's comments

That notwithstanding, the Vikings, who will likely be considered even bigger underdogs than they were this week, will play at the top-seeded Eagles next week. As an analyst, I think people are going to say "watch out" after Minnesota's win, and I think Andy Reid's staff is saying the same thing. There is no way they will take the Vikings lightly. They realize that the seeds mean nothing -- they beat them in a tough game earlier in the year and they're aware of what they can do. The upset could happen -- I couldn't go into that game with a confident prediction that the Eagles will win. I have a lot of respect for the Eagles, I have a lot of respect for their level headedness and their past, but they're going up against a confident Minnesota team with a lot of momentum on its side.

That is so true. We are very unpredictable right now. We very easily could have beat them before in week 2.

What will Tice Do?

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Lately when a team brings a blitz our answer is the short pass. And those screens and dump offs seem to be causeing some serious grief for the opposition. I know they will blitz and that is ok because we have a QB that is hard to bring down the more bozo's of the defense that are behind the line of scrimage the less amount of tacklers there are to stop us after we move the ball.
    The blitz forced DC to run on a few and we had some designed draws also against the Eagles last time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast