Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Herring is offline Training Camp

What will be "success" for the Vikings this season?

With the new season about to start I wondered what everyone on here would regard as a successful season this year and as acceptable for Childress's first in charge?

For me I think the minimum is to go 9-7 as otherwise we won't have matched Mike Tice's record last season. Having looked at the schedule I think we could go 10-6, which should get us in to the playoffs.

Thoughts?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What will be "success" for the Vikings this season?

playoffs to me would be a way over achievement. we do have a change at it as our division really really stinks. the bears have the amazing def with no offense and the lions are the opposite. as for the packers, well they got nothing.

but i would be fine with anything over .500 as a 'successful' season. but really, isnt any season a failure unless you win the superbowl?
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet Guest

This has been discussed about 100 times in other threads.
    I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll go at it again.

My call is within the 7-9 to 10-6 range and I'm going with 9-7.
    The team looks like, well, like a team.
    I like that.
    A whole new coaching staff and new schemes on O and D makes it tough for me to be too optimistic.
    Although, I did like what I saw with the first teams on O and D this preseason.
    I am most worried about the special teams, they stand out the most to me as far as a weakness.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

I definatly think it should b at least 9-7 i belive we can beat detroit and greenbay twice and the bears at least once so thats five wins already plus we play san fran arizona st louis wich we should win.Throw in a couple of wins against good teams..say washington perhaps and u have ur 9-7 but i will hope its 10-6 or more

Del Rio Guest

A Division crown

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Purple" wrote:
    With the new season about to start I wondered what everyone on here would regard as a successful season this year and as acceptable for Childress's first in charge?
    16-0, Super Bowl Title, stadium deal for a fabulous new open-air paradise, Tarvaris Jackson cures prostate cancer, Paula Abdul suffers a debilitating scooter accident and CajunVike is appointed ambassador to southern France.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

its got to be at least 9-7 what Tie ended up with. There are alot of ?s going into the season with the running as well as WR corps. Right now there is only positive, & negative speculation about these uncertinys. I do like what Childress has done so far as the head coach. I think 10-6 is a safe pick looking at ther schedule and division, and as long as we can keep healthy players.

" I'll call it they should have gone for two!" Brad Johnson on overtime with dallas.
    I thought that was the best coin flip ever.

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    16-0, Super Bowl Title, stadium deal for a fabulous new open-air paradise, Tarvaris Jackson cures prostate cancer, Paula Abdul suffers a debilitating scooter accident and CajunVike is appointed ambassador to southern France.

=Z=
    Now you let everyone know.
    Bastard.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Success can only be a super bowl victory.
    Anything less should be considered falling short of our goals.
    However, that does not mean that I would consider the season to be a failure if we don't win the SB.
    I think there are quite a few levels between success and failure.

My goal for this year is a SB win. My expectation for this year is a winning record.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

This is kind of a vague question. Success can be viewed two ways, relatively and comprehensively. Relitively, the Vikes would be a success this year if we go at lest 9-7. Comprehensively, every NFL's idea of success is a Super Bowl title. Frankly, I'll be happy with whatever happens... As long as the Vikes don't move to L.A.
    -Sno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast