Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

What Will Ogunleye's Impact Be?

I ment why didn't the Vikings get this guy.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Who would we trade, Randy Moss? Michael Bennett? No thanks. All for a guy who has a big contract and has missed all of training camp

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Here is the way I look at it. The bears strength was clearly gonna be their D and not their offense. So they decided to improve their D even better. I think Lovie smith is gonna try and get them back to the year where they had a great D and a solid running attack. He probably knew that with grossman, a 2nd year QB, that they were gonna have to rely on the running game anyways. Although they have 2 very unproven WR's now, in justin gage and david terrell, I think this deal actually strengthen the bears overall team. Still though, they aren't gonna be that good of a team and will struggle without the #2 CB for most of the year.

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Here is the way I look at it. The bears strength was clearly gonna be their D and not their offense. So they decided to improve their D even better. I think Lovie smith is gonna try and get them back to the year where they had a great D and a solid running attack. He probably knew that with grossman, a 2nd year QB, that they were gonna have to rely on the running game anyways. Although they have 2 very unproven WR's now, in justin gage and david terrell, I think this deal actually strengthen the bears overall team. Still though, they aren't gonna be that good of a team and will struggle without the #2 CB for most of the year.
    Good Points, I agree entirely. This will ultimately be a good move for the Bears. Solid D and running football. The NFC North could be on the rise?
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

This will make the bears better, but not good yet, they need more than three good defensemen (Urlacher, McQuarters, Ogunleye) to make a competitive Defense, do they still have mike brown too? Anyway, its a good start for them, they are not good yet, but they are on their way, they will be more of a force this year however.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Well shuting down the bears offense will be easy right??? :? :P

Just got to worry about the d.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

I doubt Lovie Smith would have agreed to this deal if he did not feel comfortable with the other receivers on the team. If anything it tells me he probably wasn't happy with the production from the defensive line and felt like they needed to bring someone in even worth trading their top receiver for.

Booker may have been their bes guy but this does not spell the end for the Bears offense. Word out of Bears land is that Bobby Wade is expected to play a big role in the receiver corps now. He and Grossman worked very well together in camp and that should help ease some of the pain of Booker's loss. Besides in the Bears new offensive scheme no single receiver will be putting up big numbers from week to week.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Bears D only had 18 sacks last year, and only 12 of those by the D-line. Brown was the leader with 5.5 sacks. OG can only improve this. Assuming he lines up opposite Rosenthal, let's hope Rosey (and Kleinsmasher) are up to the task.

Booker was a good, consistent player, but not a gamebreaker. Unless David Terrell has made great strides in camp this year, I expect most teams will play the Bears 8 in the box now to completely shut down the running game and dare them to pass successfully. Chicago might wind up with one of the worst offenses in the league (although I already pegged them like this before losing Booker). So really, an impotent offense just became more so.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Ogun will help their pass rush ( I mean come on how could it not, only 18 sacks in 2003!), but wow are they going to be bad on offense! Teams will play the run and force them to prove they can pass the ball.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

How are they going to pass the ball, they gave up the only receiver that can catch!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast