Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Why not make the concepts of the stadium when quoting it actually look like what they will be proposing to build.

To make drawings of futurama type buildings they have no intentions of building and then assign a price tag to it to win business is a waste of time IMO. They just had to re-quote the business all over again & don't even have a concept of what that building would look like.
    I agree, that seemed weird to me too. Maybe it was so they wouldn't reveal anything to competitors, but still...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I like all the open land around this design, leaving plenty of land for Mr Wilf to develop. Wonder how they are going to incorporate that into it? They need to go back to the drawing board on this one and PUT IN SOME PARKING.
    why? from what I understand, there's few to begin with

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I agree, that seemed weird to me too. Maybe it was so they wouldn't reveal anything to competitors, but still...
    When we bid new HVAC controls for the big 3, us and our competitors bid on the same control design so that our customers have an apples to apples comparison to base their decision on.

Granted it's a control is not a football stadium but the principle is the same. Have a neutral designer design the actual stadium the Vikings want to build, then have the contractors all bid on the same design. That would have given the Vikings real number to put in front of congress when proposing the stadium that wouldn't change significantly once it's passed.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't like the idea of a retractable anything, sounds like a waste of money. It would only be open for what, 2 or 3 games at the most anyway? Plus if any part of the stadium opens up it'll mean an awful shadow problem like Lucas Oil Field. Those shadows were really hard on the eyes when we played the Colts in September. All stadiums with a retractable roof have terrible shadow problems.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I don't like the idea of a retractable anything, sounds like a waste of money. It would only be open for what, 2 or 3 games at the most anyway? Plus if any part of the stadium opens up it'll mean an awful shadow problem like Lucas Oil Field. Those shadows were really hard on the eyes when we played the Colts in September. All stadiums with a retractable roof have terrible shadow problems.
    The shadows at Lucas Oil Field were specifically mentioned during at least two of the surveys that I did. I think the management is aware of the issues they cause and are looking to learn from others' mistakes. I have a feeling that if it is a retractable anything it will be a retractable wall in one endzone that opens up to the Minneapolis skyline. That will be a northwest exposure, so it should limit the shadows.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The shadows at Lucas Oil Field were specifically mentioned during at least two of the surveys that I did. I think the management is aware of the issues they cause and are looking to learn from others' mistakes. I have a feeling that if it is a retractable anything it will be a retractable wall in one endzone that opens up to the Minneapolis skyline. That will be a northwest exposure, so it should limit the shadows.
    Start by learning from GB and Chicago and leave the roof off.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

What will the new stadium look like?

It will look similar to the Cardinals

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Start by learning from GB and Chicago and leave the roof off.
    Which is exactly why the biggest & most prestigious football game of the year, the SB is repeatedly played in those two cities, the way the game was meant to be played.

Oh wait! The SB has never ever been played in either of those two places.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Why even have it open then, a glass wall would show of the skyline.
    I wasn't impressed with the moving wall at Lucas Oil, I would much rather have a Jumbotron like Dallas(except bigger).

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Why even have it open then, a glass wall would show of the skyline.
    I wasn't impressed with the moving wall at Lucas Oil, I would much rather have a Jumbotron like Dallas(except bigger).
    I like the glass wall concept, however I would like them to put the jumbotron out in the tailgate lot!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast