Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What will be market value for new Rice contract

Conclusion: Rice probably falls somewhere below the Marshall and Austin deals, give or take $5 or $10 million (How's that for generalities). Si
    What will be market value for new Sidney Rice contract?
    I'm confused. He's tagged, does that mean this goes in the Vikings forum, the offseason forum or the general discussion forum. :huh:

Regardless, one thing the author doesn't factor in is what, typically, his agent gets for his players, regardless of production.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: What will be market value for new Rice contract

I don't know where the thread belongs, but I do know this much...

All those that are insisting that the players are "in the right" as regards the CBA talks really need to ask themselves one simple question.

When they see their favorite players' salaries continue to jump by leaps and bounds, do they really honestly think that the "billionaire owners" are the people that pay that money, that they are digging into their own pockets to pay them?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1091123

All those that are insisting that the players are "in the right" as regards the CBA talks really need to ask themselves one simple question.

When they see their favorite players' salaries continue to jump by leaps and bounds, do they really honestly think that the "billionaire owners" are the people that pay that money, that they are digging into their own pockets to pay them?
    Great post.

I think, might be wrong, that I am in a very small minority here on PPO when I think the players are fricken crazy with their demands.

No one goes into business for themselves expecting to not make money. The owners are in this to make money. If they can cut expenses, they will, just like any business owner.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091124

Great post.

I think, might be wrong, that I am in a very small minority here on PPO when I think the players are fricken crazy with their demands.

No one goes into business for themselves expecting to not make money. The owners are in this to make money. If they can cut expenses, they will, just like any business owner.
    not crazy my friend but there are some that feel that players can do no wrong and that the owners are the next coming of the antichrist :evil:

Like anyone else, for the players it is a job that they choose to do and get well paid for it. By the same token the owners are doing it as a business as well and they expect to turn a profit as well as they're not charities.
    The owners do pay the money of course but, like any good company, they ensure the costs are passed onto the consumer ie the fans. Unfortunately some fans are too dim to realise that fact.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091127
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091124

Great post.

not crazy my friend but there are some that feel that players can do no wrong and that the owners are the next coming of the antichrist :evil:

Like anyone else, for the players it is a job that they choose to do and get well paid for it. By the same token the owners are doing it as a business as well and they expect to turn a profit as well as they're not charities.
    The owners do pay the money of course but, like any good company, they ensure the costs are passed onto the consumer ie the fans. Unfortunately some fans are too dim to realise that fact.
    The owners will continue to raise prices no matter what the players make. Do you think if they save a billion dollars on player salaries a single penny of that will be passed on to the fans? Think they will charge the networks less to broadcast the game?
    No.This is just a money grab by the owners. Consider:
    According to Forbes every owner in the nfl made a profit in 2009, during one of the largest recessions in us history. How much more will they make when the economy is growing again?
    Population growth and expanded interest over seas will result in larger and larger tv contracts in the years to come.
    The NFL is working towards restricting how ticket holders are allowed to sell there tickets. In the future the NFL will collect money on every second hand ticket transaction(no more stubhub/craiglist/ebay sales), everything will likely go through NFL ticket exchange.
    Talks of expanding the NFL season to 18 weeks adds considerable revenue to each team, and also makes television and advertising deals more lucrative.
    In 2012 Nike is set to take over Reeboks role as the jersey provider to the nfl. My guess is they outbid reebok, more money for owners.
    New stadiums abound, there should be a couple more in the years to come, more money.
    Nfl network is distributed to more homes at a higher cost per home than ever before.
    All these make me believe the NFL owners are going to be just fine, even if they only cut players salaries by 1/2 a billion instead of the entire billion they are asking for.

Small correction on the facts as relating to your post, jmcdon00-

Miami and Detroit both lost money in 2009, according to Forbes. Forbes also over-stated Green Bay's actual profit by almost double the actual income in their estimate, the one team that we do know the figures for.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/30/football-valuations-10_NFL-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

Also, a fair reading of those Forbes valuations would also note that 18 teams lost value from the preceding year, this in a time of booming popularity of the league. In the case of the Vikings, Zygi's investment lost 54 million in value, for example.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1091135
    Small correction on the facts as relating to your post, jmcdon00-

Miami and Detroit both lost money in 2009, according to Forbes. Forbes also over-stated Green Bay's actual profit by almost double the actual income in their estimate, the one team that we do know the figures for.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/30/football-valuations-10_NFL-Team-Valuations_Rank.html
    I stand corrected.
    My point still stands though. The NFL is very very profitable, and should be even more profitable in the future.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

no-one is trying to say that the owners and NFL are blameless in this as they are companies and companies strive to maximise profits. The ways they do this are not always appreciated by the fan base either or necessarily morally right in the way that they are done.
    Having said that lets not try and make out that players are hard done by by any way shape or form. Somehow I doubt very much that they are suffering pay cuts like many people in normal jobs and even those on league minimum are still earning way more than a lot of folk will earn over a few years.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091137
    no-one is trying to say that the owners and NFL are blameless in this as they are companies and companies strive to maximise profits. The ways they do this are not always appreciated by the fan base either or necessarily morally right in the way that they are done.
    Having said that lets not try and make out that players are hard done by by any way shape or form. Somehow I doubt very much that they are suffering pay cuts like many people in normal jobs and even those on league minimum are still earning way more than a lot of folk will earn over a few years.
    The players and owners both do very well. Neither side "needs" more money. Both sides "want" more money.

NFLPA- 9 bil 1 bil off top 59.8% remainder = 4,784,000,000

/ 32 teams

= 149,500,000 per team

That was the so-called offer by the union. It was merely the status quo.

Here is the "horrible pay cut" that the NFL reportedly proferred:

NFL- 9 bil 2 bil off top 59.8% remainder = 4,186,000,000

/ 32 teams

= 130,812,500 per team

One cannot help but notice that's 2 million more than the last salary cap!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast