Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

what will happen to our running backs?

I beleive Bennett will be the back for the next 2 years. And his backup (successor) will be .....

Mwelde Moore

why? OS with one more violation recieves an indefinate suspension. this means trade the man. Moe is getting old. but will be a grest teacher escpecially for blocking.

Mwelde is a Priest Holmes. Priest is in his eighth year. he didn't comeout with a bang, wasn't even drafted. I saw him some back in 1998 then in 2000 and I said this guy is good can catch good running skills. I picked him as a sleeper for 2001 fantasy, and I was right!, even more right the following 2 years. I see that same thing in MM Bennett will last for 2 years, and we will probably trade him because MM is looking so good.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

personally, i think we should start onterrio, regardless of his drug problems. onterrio is quick and strong, which means he can run the sweep as well as he goes up the middle.

start onterrio and have him wear down the opposing defense. then, when they're tired, throw in bennett so he can flash off his "homerun" ability. i have a feeling bennett is going to be the next fred taylor, a good caliber player who is almost always injured. i mean... getting an injury running on a treadmill??? come on now...

it's too early to tell whether or not mdub is a priest holmes caliber player. even if he was, i would hope that we don't give him the ball 30-40 times a game like they do with priest over in KC.

running back by committee is fine and we have enough explosiveness to get by with it. trust me people, i'd be worrying much more if i had an unproven guy like travis minor getting the carries out of our backfield. we have proven leadership in moe and a good change of pace depth with mdub and somewhat L-ned.

TheMaineViking is offline Training Camp

yeah robert smith was injured a lot he only played one complete season. but we still had a lot of great games with him. it helps that we have such an explosive passing game.

it is a tough question because they are both good backs with their own problems. but i have no tolerance for what onterrio smith did. to say if i knew him i would be easier on him is total bs. this is his third violation and he still hasn't given any sign he will change. that will be a bigger problem for us down the road than anything bennett has.
    Les Steckel, More Bud

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think Bennet should be our franchise RB. His "homerun ability" is important. The defense will put more men in the box to stop Bennett than they would Smith. This will open up the passing game a little more.

And for crying out loud, Bennett got INJURED. He got injured playing the frickin game!! He didn't get SUSPENDED smoking pot just before a season! He got injured in a preseason game where he had 91 yards off 9 or 10 carries. That's like a 10 yard per carry average! And some of you are thinking of trading him?! If you don't want a player because they get injured I'm afraid you're following the wrong sport. We've got the likes of Raonal Smith and Marcus Robinson on the team and you want to trade Bennet?! I know they are not part of the discussion but I don't care. Sure he was injured last year but once he came back we got production out of him.

I'm still mad at Smith for the pot incident so I'll just not say anything about him right now. That would obviously make him the trade candidate next off-season cos I think Moore will make an excellent backup.

OK, end of rant. Peace.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think Bennet should be our franchise RB. His "homerun ability" is important. The defense will put more men in the box to stop Bennett than they would Smith. This will open up the passing game a little more.

And for crying out loud, Bennett got INJURED. He got injured playing the frickin game!! He didn't get SUSPENDED smoking pot just before a season! He got injured in a preseason game where he had 91 yards off 9 or 10 carries. That's like a 10 yard per carry average! And some of you are thinking of trading him?! If you don't want a player because they get injured I'm afraid you're following the wrong sport. We've got the likes of Raonal Smith and Marcus Robinson on the team and you want to trade Bennet?! I know they are not part of the discussion but I don't care. Sure he was injured last year but once he came back we got production out of him.

I'm still mad at Smith for the pot incident so I'll just not say anything about him right now. That would obviously make him the trade candidate next off-season cos I think Moore will make an excellent backup.

OK, end of rant. Peace.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

This is what I'm talking about with Moore. that ability to run & catch like priest

From vikingsupdate

"Twice in Minnesota’s first series it had the Vikings facing third-and-long, and both times the Vikings broke free thanks to starting running back Mewelde Moore. On third-and-9, Moore took a screen and followed his blocking beautifully, shimmying his way to an 18-yard pickup. Five plays later, on third-and-11, Moore took a dump pass from Culpepper and broke tackles en route to a 38-yard catch-and-run. On the next play, Culpepper found tight end Jermaine Wiggins wide open for a 22-yard touchdown with 5:49 left in the first quarter for a 7-0 lead. "

not next season but the season after, moore should be our starter and we should have gotten great trade value from Smith and bennet

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I'll reserve my judgement for Bennett until after the season. Personally I don't believe he has the durability to be a franchise back. Unless both Bennett and Smith have great games this year, I don't think we would get much value for either unless a team is really starved (3rd round pick maybe, 2nd rounder would be the best case).

I like Mewelde. I saw him for the first time yesterday and he has impressd me with his playmaking. Dunno about comparisons to Priest though, it is a little impossible to predict that.

Moe is our best back but there is no way he can last the whole year as a starter.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I think we will be fine at RB and with Moe and Moore and Ned (both of these guys looked good last night). We will be OK until both Bennett and Smith are back.

More worried about safty depth and corner depth than running back.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

I think most people on this site have made valid points. Bennett is suseptable to injuries and Smith is prone to party. That makes it even more important to keep them both. Between the two of them you have one really good back. If you get rid of one of them there is possibility that we do not have a talented back to start an important game. The weaknesses they have makes it crucial IMO to keep them both if we are going to go far in the playoffs.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Moe is our best back but there is no way he can last the whole year as a starter.
    I remeber in the bears game last year, Urlacher came on a blitz and Moe put a block on him that lifted him off the ground and put him on his @$$.

I laughed for a half and hour, mostly because I was watching it with my friend who was a bear fan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast