Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

what will happen to our running backs?

ok i understand our frustrations about the teams running backs but just a couple of points that are missing here

One :scratch: we are going into the season with both of these "Stars" out of action :?: WTFO...

Two :shaking: does this mean mighty Moe, Mewelde, Avery,and Ned are what we have to start...

Folks I am here to say if these four guys work it out and run the ball for us put these other two yaho's on waiver, injury reseve, trade them for draft pick next year and lets play some football...

my humble opion 8)

by the way good post MaineViking and welcome aboard Nightgaunt good to see you jumping right in enjopy the board and the season

You can't hide from the purple pride 8)
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Bennett is a good back. He can do a lot for the team, he just needs to stay healthy. I Did not see the injuries from last year, but look at the play that he got hurt on. ANYONE would get hurt if that happened to your leg. Injuries happen. I am just glad that the injury + suspention happened in an aera that we do have the most depth in. I mean, we've got Moe, Moore, AND Ned. The only one good enough to start I think would be Moe, but all three of them sharing the ball could make one helluva ordeal for the defense. I think we are find for the time being.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

wow everyone seems so down on both rbs'. Granted one gets injured a lot but does that mean we have to trade him???? Remember we havent got rid of Raonall Smith just yet either so give bennett a chance.

As for onterrio, hes a good runner and a lot of athletes in the nlf do that kind of stuff that gets them in trouble. Just move on and get him into some kind of disciplinary class. Hes too good of talent to be throwing away.

Moe williams is on the downside of his career and hit the past the prime age at 30. Hes the one that will have to be replaced first then bennett or onterrio.

WE dont NEED A RB NEXT YEAR. We need DEFENSE!!!!!
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Del Rio Guest

Basically unless you run the ball extreemly well the running game serves as a way to:

Run time down, Tire the opponents, set up play action, throw the fatties in the line a bone, they love nothing more then pulling and hitting a db!

So with our passing game and Pepper's running ability I'd say from what I've seen that we mainly set up the play action. Benett is scary he can break a 60 yarder easily, that keeps the defense on it's heals.

We don't need a well rounded back in our offense. We need one that has explosive speed to threatin the long run and that can block semi good.

Benett needs to stay healthy, and I think he will be around a long time. Having this many running backs doesn't hurt your team especially when they play well on special teams. Larry Ned for example will probably be held on to just because of his special team play.

Personally I think we are in a good situation. I give Onterio the benifit of the doubt. He has money now. He wanted to try some good stuff that he didn't have to sift through picking out stems and seeds. Now that he's had it time to play ball.

Dr. I hope you are right time will tell and Onterio could have shared with us some of those stems and seeds... but as they say no stems or seeds that we don't need Hawaiin weed is mighty bad @$$ weed...
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"SKOL" wrote:
    He failed 3 drug tests with the Vikings, and fell in the draft because he had Marijuana problems in college. I hope he's enjoying himself because his stupidity is eventually going to cost him millions of dollars. Look at the millions Ricky Williams has thrown away. I just don't get it. All this for a drug that's not even addictive. There's no excuse.

If he would come out and say that I need help and while he is on vacation for the next 4 weeks if he would go to a rehab and get the help that he needs I would have some hope for him.

If he goes and hangs with his boys for the next month, he will be nailed again within the next year and then he is gone for a year. ale:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    wow everyone seems so down on both rbs'. Granted one gets injured a lot but does that mean we have to trade him???? Remember we havent got rid of Raonall Smith just yet either so give bennett a chance.

As for onterrio, hes a good runner and a lot of athletes in the nlf do that kind of stuff that gets them in trouble. Just move on and get him into some kind of disciplinary class. Hes too good of talent to be throwing away.

Moe williams is on the downside of his career and hit the past the prime age at 30. Hes the one that will have to be replaced first then bennett or onterrio.

WE dont NEED A RB NEXT YEAR. We need DEFENSE!!!!!

No one is saying we need to trade them now, but next offseason we will have to pick one and get rid of the other. They both wanna be starters, and that obviously can't happen unless we trade one of them. They will both be in the last year of their contract, so we will have to pick one guy and trade the other. Otherwise, if we let them play out their contracts, one of them will leave and we will get nothing in return for that player.

Mewelde Moore will soon show that we have 4 very capable starting RB's on our team, and he will make it easy for us, to get rid of either benett or onterrio next offseason. What probably won't be easy, is choosing which one stays and which one goes.

I think Bennett will over come this injury and will have an outstanding year! If weed-boy can come out and show the talent he displayed last that he did in the final month, then I think he will be good trade bait and we should keep bennet and trade the pot head because he will get nailed again.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

I know it sounds easy to say i dont want either due to different reasons, Moe is awesome and he and the others will no doubt get the job done but Bennett missed half the year last year and now atleast 2 games this year, if not three, it is so damn frustrating, some people have a tendency to get hurt, Bennett is in that category, also Roanall Smith should have been kicked off the team last year, as for Onterio, stupid is as stupid does, and he was but hopefully wont be stupid in the future, if he tests positive again he is bye bye so i hope he realizes that and maybe picks some new friends and new hobbies (build model cars, thats always cool), like espn said in an article this year "Has Playmakers tought us nothing??"
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

less we forget Robert Smith went through 3 years of injuries before he finally got through them, and was a very productive back after that.

If he would have not retired and played out his remaining years as a Vike he would have probably held all of the Vikes rushing records.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast