Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

What are we missing? (Heart of the Vikings)

Is it a Head coach? A consistant back? A healthy Offensive Line? No, it isnt. Those things would be nice, but the real thing holding us back is Heart. Without heart, the Vikings are going to lose every other game for the rest of this season. I can remember back in 98 when no one could stop us. The Vikings played like a team, acted like a team, did every thing as a team. This year it seems like to me that its all about the excuses, its all about the things we dont have opposed to the things we do have. This team could be great. We have potential for a great year, but are the Vikes gonna live up to their true potential? That one is for them to figure out...

Rant Over,

Dave
    Retired 12/21/08

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: What are we missing? (Heart of the Vikings)

Have you introduced yourself in the "Free Beer" forum? If not, get yourself over there and get a cold one from Ultra (that is, if you're old enough to drink).

You're right about the '98 team - they had a certain swagger back then, like "No one can beat us, especially in OUR HOUSE!!!".
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

C_MoneyVikesFan is offline Training Camp

I agree. Even the Falcons coaching staff commented on the lack of intensity the Vikings displayed. The bye week will be good for us. We need to get some things figured out, and quick. It's obvious the Packers will spend most of this season on the bottom, so we need to get tough and take control of the division.
    A TRUE fan will always have faith, no matter what the odds. U GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Thats funny, cuz before the game started...It showed daunte warming up on the sidelines and I thought to myself...He dosnt look like hes ready to go out there and play 60 minutes of football right now...

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Big dogs in the HOUSE!

God, I miss John Randle. I wish he would come back, just for this one season.

Anyways, my only motivation for our season this year is the Bengals.
    Last year, with the same crew of guys, the whole team struggled to come up with any kind of win what so ever. Now this year, no player changes, no new coaching staff, no nothing, they are whoopin everyone that gets in there way, all the way to the Playoffs.

I just hope we can have success like them next year...
    Retired 12/21/08

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

A competent coaching staff and any hint of a well thought out game plan.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Team philosophies

Anyone else here want to play smashmouth football. I want our team to be like the Steelers. I want to have a big RB and smash the ball down the opponents damn throat and when they almost have had enough I want to bring my defense on the field and knock a team into next week. I want to play PHYSICAL football and punish people. Enough of this patsy vertical attack and get out there and hit someone. Again and again.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Re: Team philosophies

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Anyone else here want to play smashmouth football. I want our team to be like the Steelers. I want to have a big RB and smash the ball down the opponents gol 'darnit throat and when they almost have had enough I want to bring my defense on the field and knock a team into next week. I want to play PHYSICAL football and punish people. Enough of this patsy vertical attack and get out there and hit someone. Again and again.
    Amen to that!

Vikings playing smashmouth ball? That has a nice sound to it.

Rip some heads off! No one can come in our house!

Now only if we could make it a reality...
    Retired 12/21/08

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

WE really need a guy to step up on D and be a leader on the field. Like John Randle did, a Ray Lewis type, im not necessarily saying we need a backer as good as lewis, although that could never hurt, but just a guy who screams and gets the team psyched up.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Team philosophies

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Anyone else here want to play smashmouth football. I want our team to be like the Steelers. I want to have a big RB and smash the ball down the opponents gol 'darnit throat and when they almost have had enough I want to bring my defense on the field and knock a team into next week. I want to play PHYSICAL football and punish people. Enough of this patsy vertical attack and get out there and hit someone. Again and again.
    Amen to that!

Vikings playing smashmouth ball? That has a nice sound to it.

Rip some heads off! No one can come in our house!

Now only if we could make it a reality...
    Show the NFL the true meaning of the black and blue division.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast