Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    More than adequate hands? What?
    Unless I'm forgetting some... off the top of my head he dropped one against the Packers @ Lambeau last year and the only other one that stands out to me was the drop he had in Tampa on a 4 & 1 in 2008 (but that was more a result of a poorly thrown ball by Gus Frerotte)
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carta4eva View Post
    Unless I'm forgetting some... off the top of my head he dropped one against the Packers @ Lambeau last year and the only other one that stands out to me was the drop he had in Tampa on a 4 & 1 in 2008 (but that was more a result of a poorly thrown ball by Gus Frerotte)
    One of the biggest knocks on AP besides his pass blocking has always been his hands. They just aren't good. average at best.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    One of the biggest knocks on AP besides his pass blocking has always been his hands. They just aren't good. average at best.
    Or maybe, just maybe, our previous coaching staff neglected to utilize his abilities in the passing game? Not saying he has Cris Carter's hands (hence the more than adequate) but I don't remember enough drops to say he has 'shaky' hands...

Musgrave has already stated he'll be more involved in the passing game this year than any in his career, so we will see, but I think you're shortchanging our best player just a tad...

P.S. his pass blocking still does leave a LOT to be desired, I agree with you there
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I would love to be proved wrong and would love to get him more involved in the passing game, but he has never had good hands. He hasn't been utilized very much in the passing game for a reason.

If you followed vikings TC on twitter there were times when AP would have 3-4 drops in a practice according to Judd, Tom, and whoever else was there. I hope it's just the fact that he's not used to it but we'll see.

Even his first NFL TD he bobbled the ball on what should've been an easy catch.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by carta4eva View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, our previous coaching staff neglected to utilize his abilities in the passing game? Not saying he has Cris Carter's hands (hence the more than adequate) but I don't remember enough drops to say he has 'shaky' hands...

Musgrave has already stated he'll be more involved in the passing game this year than any in his career, so we will see, but I think you're shortchanging our best player just a tad...

P.S. his pass blocking still does leave a LOT to be desired, I agree with you there

Musgrave lied
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Musgrave lied
    +1 on that one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12