Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler

What are the Vikings NEEDS in your opinion?

Now, I think everyone will agree we NEED a QB, though when and who is certainly up for debate. But as I have said before many times, I'm a bit shaky on defense, and I really don't know what to think of the multitude of differing opinions on what position absolutely needs filling. CB? LB? If so, which type? Offensive line?

From what my limited brain tells me, I see our "absolutely must fill" positions are:
    -QB
    -CB
    -S
    -2 LBs, though which ones or which type, I have no idea.

I'm hoping to fill in some blank spots in my knowledge with this thread, so help out a fellow fan...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Must fill:

QB - Obvious Reasons
    RB - NEED a backup. Asiata isn't going to cut it, and AP hasn't played a full season in a while
    G - NEED a guard. Charlie Johnson's contract was voided, can somebody step up? Not so sure.
    CB - Obvious Reasons. When Sherels, Blanton and Prater were seeing significant playing time at Corner, we're severely hurting.
    SS - Need someone across from Smith. Raymond, Sanford and Blanton have all proven they are NOT the guy. Sendejo had some good games, and is still getting better, but I'd like a proven FA here, or a top-3 round pick
    DT - Need to get a NT. Evans has grown tiring to watch, Floyd will likely take over for KW (Maybe KW comes back? Who knows)
    RDE - Need a RDE. Either re-sign Griffen, or we need to look to FA/Draft.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Must fill:

QB - Obvious Reasons
    RB - NEED a backup. Asiata isn't going to cut it, and AP hasn't played a full season in a while
    G - NEED a guard. Charlie Johnson's contract was voided, can somebody step up? Not so sure.
    CB - Obvious Reasons. When Sherels, Blanton and Prater were seeing significant playing time at Corner, we're severely hurting.
    SS - Need someone across from Smith. Raymond, Sanford and Blanton have all proven they are NOT the guy. Sendejo had some good games, and is still getting better, but I'd like a proven FA here, or a top-3 round pick
    DT - Need to get a NT. Evans has grown tiring to watch, Floyd will likely take over for KW (Maybe KW comes back? Who knows)
    ^^^ this^^ but not necessarily in that order, Qb or LB with the 1st round or 2nd, after that, who knows..

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    This is trickier than it sounds.

Offensively, I think QB is our #1 "NEED"...but I would also like O-line help (G) and another shit-hot WR. I think if the WR is there, we can wait another season if the QB is a reach (Or manziel, whom I am not sold on).

I think RB is something we'll need to address, but unless one falls in our lap, this isn't a priority to me.

Defensively, I think we need a make-over. There isn't any area I'm feeling solid about. We need pressure up front but we also need intimidating guys in the back 7 to give us time and create headaches for Offenses. Honestly, this is our worst unit.

S/T - I'm fine with our K and P.

Caine

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Must fill:

QB - Obvious Reasons
    If you're looking for a NT, Louis Nix III is a wide body who might be able to fill that bill. Got injured near the end of last season, but we could take a look. Also, for a rush end, Stephon Tuitt gets a good initial push, has good lateral speed along the line, and has long arms to bat down passes. If we go LB, please get someone with some speed. Our LBs are slow.

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Must fill:

QB - Obvious Reasons
    I am surprised you did not mention linebackers, our linebackers are horrible this year

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

What are the Vikings NEEDS in your opinion?

They need a solid DT should target one of em
    1.Henry Melton
    2. Linval Joseph
    3. B.J. Raji
    4. Jason Hatcher
    They could also look for LB in free agency
    1. Donald Butler
    2. Karlos Dansby
    3. Brandon Spikes
    4. Daryl Smith
    5. Jon Beason
    6. Wesley Woodyard
    And we need sum CB
    1. Brent Grimes
    2. Aqib Talib
    3. Alterraun Verner
    4. Vontae Davis
    5. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    6. Charles Tillman
    7. Sam Shields
    8.Corey Graham
    9. Captain Munnerlyn
    Another SS wouldn't be bad
    1.Chris Crocker
    2.Taylor Mays
    They also need a DE
    1. Greg Hardy
    2. Michael Johnson
    3. Lamarr Houston
    4. Michael Bennett
    5. Everson Griffen
    Anyone of this player at they position would be an upgrade for our defense and draft sum players to fill other holes
    Last edited by 313zoe; 02-07-2014 at 07:04 PM.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Now, I think everyone will agree we NEED a QB, though when and who is certainly up for debate. But as I have said before many times, I'm a bit shaky on defense, and I really don't know what to think of the multitude of differing opinions on what position absolutely needs filling. CB? LB? If so, which type? Offensive line?

From what my limited brain tells me, I see our "absolutely must fill" positions are:
    -QB
    -CB
    -S
    -2 LBs, though which ones or which type, I have no idea.

I'm hoping to fill in some blank spots in my knowledge with this thread, so help out a fellow fan...
    QB - obviously
    LG - Charlie Johnson's contract voided
    DE - Re-sign Griffen (or Allen), a different FA, or draft?
    DT - Have never replaced Pat Williams, Guion should be cut, Evans a FA, KWill a FA.
    CB - Ideally, a proven NFL CB like a Verner, Davis, Grimes
    OLB - Replace the cut Henderson

I don't see a need at S. I think Sanford and Smith complement each other well, and Sendejo proved he can play last season. Blanton also showed some ability (albeit at CB). True, none are Pro Bowlers, but a better CB opposite Rhodes with Prater the nickel back, plus a good OLB, would go a long way toward shoring up the pass D.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Ranger is offline Coach
    I have no idea where we stand on our linebackers. The crew from last year was far from inspiring, but Cole showed some flashes, and Mauti will be a year removed from his knee issues. Hodges is still back there, and we haven't really seen enough of him to determine whether he's a good fit, particularly in a defense that is very likely not the 'ole Tampa-2.

I think we'll need to pick up a linebacker at some point in this draft, especially with it being a deep position, but if one or two of the three guys I listed can play, we'll be much better off.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    As I have pointed out before LB is not that big of a need. Our LOLB simply doesn't see a lot of snaps. MLB has a bunch of guys with talent, ready to deep in.

We need Cbs. Teams run so many Wrs that the nickle guy is now a starter in today's NFL. At least 2 high draft picks.
    I have already voiced who I like Baptist and Hill.
    We also need a QB but I would like us to draft Boyd in the 4th round. Very Russell WIlson like. Only knock on him is he didn't beat his rivals.

Next make two big signings.
    1) BJ Raji. Him and Floyd should work well together.
    2) Kerry Rhodes. I don't care that he is gay. Dude can play and should be cheap.
    This would allow us to trade out of the 8th and pick up another 3rd. We can select the LB from Ohio State who is a bit undersize but a true monster. We would then be able to select Brandon Coleman the WR from Rutgers as well. DE we can resign our guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast