Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Browns Fan is offline Waterboy

Re: What are the vikes going to do at QB?

"C" wrote:
    Saying that Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington and Sage Rosenfels all had better season long passer ratings... that's really not all that great.
    it'd be great if passer ratings = wins

"C" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    As a matter of fact i did watch alot of Vikes games (AP on my fantasy team!).
    Watching a Vikes game before or after watching a Browns game made me see what an able QB can do for a team.
    Lucky guy... did you win your league? He was a great pickup.
    2nd, lost in the championship game

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"Browns" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I went to college out there, Kent State. I'll always have a soft spot for the Browns... the perennial underdogs.

However, I doubt this will happen. I personally don't want it to happen.

Anderson didn't have THAT great of a year, and if he came to Minnesota he wouldn't be throwing to Winslow Jr. and Edwards.
    Agreed Anderson has some killer weapons, but Anderson not having THAT great of a year??
    What more do ya want froma QB??
    Again...
    [size=14pt]
    ESPN: QB Anderson didn't deserve Pro Bowl invite
    [/size]

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=3243675&action=login& appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_ kc%26id%3d3243675

Derek Anderson, QB, Cleveland -- Anderson had nine games this past season with a passer rating of less than 80 and topped that mark only once in the final five games of the season. His 19 interceptions tied for fourth most in the NFL. His 82.5 season-long passer rating was lower than the passer ratings of Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington and Sage Rosenfels. Leading the Browns to 10 wins was impressive, but the sum of Anderson's accomplishments should not have equaled a trip to Honolulu.
    I'm not going to agrue that DA did or did not deserve a pro bowl spot.
    I'm asking what more do YOU want from a QB?
    What can't be argued is that he established himself as a top 10 QB.
    I want a QB to play his best when it counts to the most. The Browns needed a win vs the Bengals, a terrible team with a terrible defense and he came out with 4 INTs.

Would I rather have Dereck Anderson over Tarvaris Jackson right now? Sure I would. But for the price, I would not be willing to take the gamble on Anderson. He may one day be really good, no doubt. But he is not a top 10 QB.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Browns" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    there is a rumour that the vikings actually won't do anything, stick with Tarvaris Jackson and let him mature and progress and build off his success from last year.
    You can keep D Anderson and we'll keep our #17 Draft Pick

There was a Rumour of getting McNabb, but it seems unlikely that will happen
    let me preface this by saying I AM NOT FLAMING YOU.
    Build off of what success from last year?
    Again not to be rude but as someone not close to the situation Jackson looked God awful at times last year.
    If not for AP the entire Vikes offense would be in shambles.
    I'm not saying Anderson is the answer but with AP running the ball an explosive QB that can throw the deep ball to compliment the running game would make that offense extremely dangerous.

As far as us keeping DA, the more the offseason progresses the it seems thats the way its going to play out.
    There was a report to day that the Browns front office and DA are close to a three year deal.

The rumor around Cleveland invoving McNabb is that Baltimore will cut McNair and make a deal for McNabb
    Of course he looked "God Awful" at times last year.
    What do you expect from a guy who is learning to be a QB at the NFL level.

In a nut shell, we struggled with pass protection, WR's hanging onto the ball when he did get it to him and his ability to get through more than one read but he did show some promise.

Although I would like a better option at QB this year, I believe this staff knows more about developing QB's than I do so I will sit back and watch the kid for another year.

They will take the 2 picks that DA will warrant and spend them on additional pieces we need as they build this team through the draft and spend the money he would also warrant on a couple of other positions that we need more.

Long story short, without a deep threat at WR (couldn't sign one if we spent all our CAP on DA) to throw to, a S and DE to shore up our D (couldn't sign either if we spent all our CAP on DA) then it really doesn't matter who is behind C next year be that a one hit wonder or a kid learning on the fly with the rest of his young team, that almost made the playoffs last year.

Welcome to the site.
    Stick around.
    You will find some very interesting discussions on football along with some other stuff to help pass the time.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"happy" wrote:
    Would I rather have Dereck Anderson over Tarvaris Jackson right now? Sure I would. But for the price, I would not be willing to take the gamble on Anderson. He may one day be really good, no doubt. But he is not a top 10 QB.
    That pretty much sums it up right there...

However, I'll still take T-Jack's mobility right now. I still have hope for this kid.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"happy" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I went to college out there, Kent State. I'll always have a soft spot for the Browns... the perennial underdogs.

However, I doubt this will happen. I personally don't want it to happen.

Anderson didn't have THAT great of a year, and if he came to Minnesota he wouldn't be throwing to Winslow Jr. and Edwards.
    Agreed Anderson has some killer weapons, but Anderson not having THAT great of a year??
    What more do ya want froma QB??
    Again...
    [size=14pt]
    ESPN: QB Anderson didn't deserve Pro Bowl invite
    [/size]

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=3243675&action=login& appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_ kc%26id%3d3243675

Derek Anderson, QB, Cleveland -- Anderson had nine games this past season with a passer rating of less than 80 and topped that mark only once in the final five games of the season. His 19 interceptions tied for fourth most in the NFL. His 82.5 season-long passer rating was lower than the passer ratings of Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington and Sage Rosenfels. Leading the Browns to 10 wins was impressive, but the sum of Anderson's accomplishments should not have equaled a trip to Honolulu.
    I'm not going to agrue that DA did or did not deserve a pro bowl spot.
    I'm asking what more do YOU want from a QB?
    What can't be argued is that he established himself as a top 10 QB.
    I want a QB to play his best when it counts to the most. The Browns needed a win vs the Bengals, a terrible team with a terrible defense and he came out with 4 INTs.

I am not going to argue the Cincy game.
    It hurt.
    We needed a win and he AND THE TEAM didn't come threw but i want you to list 10 better QBs if anderson is not top ten

"Browns" wrote:
    It hurt.
    We needed a win and he AND THE TEAM didn't come threw but i want you to list 10 better QBs if anderson is not top ten
    Here's 11 :

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Breese
    Philip Rivers
    Ben Rothlesburger
    David Garrard
    Jeff Garcia
    Donovan McNabb
    Eli Manning
    Brett Favre
    Tony Romo

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    It hurt.
    Here's 11 :

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Breese
    Philip Rivers
    Ben Rothlesburger
    David Garrard
    Jeff Garcia
    Donovan McNabb
    Eli Manning
    Brett Favre
    Tony Romo

Hasselbeck.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"C" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    It hurt.
    Here's 11 :

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Breese
    [s]Philip Rivers[/s] no way thats a reach
    Ben Rothlesburger
    [s]David Garrard[/s] can manage a game and thats all, cannot take over a game
    [s]Jeff Garcia[/s] you're kidding right?
    Donovan McNabb
    Eli Manning
    Brett Favre
    Tony Romo

"Browns" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    It hurt.
    Here's 11 :

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Breese
    [s]Philip Rivers[/s] no way thats a reach
    Ben Rothlesburger
    [s]David Garrard[/s] can manage a game and thats all, cannot take over a game
    [s]Jeff Garcia[/s] you're kidding right?
    Donovan McNabb
    Eli Manning
    Brett Favre
    Tony Romo

Jeff Garcia had a great year actually...
    Garrard threw very few picks... not to mention he got his team to the playoffs.
    Phillip Rivers is no reach... AFC Championship?

Come on now... everyone can see your denial. Chad Pennington finished the year with a better passer rating then Anderson.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast