Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: What are the vikes going to do at QB?

I know Anderson had a couple disappointing games at the end of the season.. at a point where the Browns really needed him.

You won't find that anywhere on the stat sheet.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Browns" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I went to college out there, Kent State. I'll always have a soft spot for the Browns... the perennial underdogs.

However, I doubt this will happen. I personally don't want it to happen.

Anderson didn't have THAT great of a year, and if he came to Minnesota he wouldn't be throwing to Winslow Jr. and Edwards.
    Agreed Anderson has some killer weapons, but Anderson not having THAT great of a year??
    What more do ya want froma QB??
    Again...
    [size=14pt]
    ESPN: QB Anderson didn't deserve Pro Bowl invite
    [/size]

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=3243675&action=login& appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_ kc%26id%3d3243675

Derek Anderson, QB, Cleveland -- Anderson had nine games this past season with a passer rating of less than 80 and topped that mark only once in the final five games of the season. His 19 interceptions tied for fourth most in the NFL. His 82.5 season-long passer rating was lower than the passer ratings of Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington and Sage Rosenfels. Leading the Browns to 10 wins was impressive, but the sum of Anderson's accomplishments should not have equaled a trip to Honolulu.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Browns Fan is offline Waterboy

"C" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    there is a rumour that the vikings actually won't do anything, stick with Tarvaris Jackson and let him mature and progress and build off his success from last year.
    You can keep D Anderson and we'll keep our #17 Draft Pick

There was a Rumour of getting McNabb, but it seems unlikely that will happen
    let me preface this by saying I AM NOT FLAMING YOU.
    Build off of what success from last year?
    Again not to be rude but as someone not close to the situation Jackson looked God awful at times last year.
    If not for AP the entire Vikes offense would be in shambles.
    I'm not saying Anderson is the answer but with AP running the ball an explosive QB that can throw the deep ball to compliment the running game would make that offense extremely dangerous.

As far as us keeping DA, the more the offseason progresses the it seems thats the way its going to play out.
    There was a report to day that the Browns front office and DA are close to a three year deal.

The rumor around Cleveland invoving McNabb is that Baltimore will cut McNair and make a deal for McNabb
    You must not have watched the games... just looked at his numbers, eh? Our receivers had a TON of dropped balls last year.
    As a matter of fact i did watch alot of Vikes games (AP on my fantasy team!).
    Watching a Vikes game before or after watching a Browns game made me see what an able QB can do for a team.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Welcome.
    I live in the Cleveland area so I am aware of DA and the Browns situation.

DA is going to want to much from the Browns and is a bad situation for the team.

The Vikings are not going to seek DA nor another QB.

Saying that Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington and Sage Rosenfels all had better season long passer ratings... that's really not all that great.

"Browns" wrote:
    As a matter of fact i did watch alot of Vikes games (AP on my fantasy team!).
    Watching a Vikes game before or after watching a Browns game made me see what an able QB can do for a team.
    Lucky guy... did you win your league? He was a great pickup.

"C" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I went to college out there, Kent State. I'll always have a soft spot for the Browns... the perennial underdogs.

Anderson didn't have THAT great of a year, and if he came to Minnesota he wouldn't be throwing to Winslow Jr. and Edwards.
    Agreed Anderson has some killer weapons, but Anderson not having THAT great of a year??
    Again...
    [size=14pt]
    [/size]

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=3243675&action=login& appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_ kc%26id%3d3243675

Derek Anderson, QB, Cleveland -- Anderson had nine games this past season with a passer rating of less than 80 and topped that mark only once in the final five games of the season. His 19 interceptions tied for fourth most in the NFL. His 82.5 season-long passer rating was lower than the passer ratings of Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington and Sage Rosenfels. Leading the Browns to 10 wins was impressive, but the sum of Anderson's accomplishments should not have equaled a trip to Honolulu.
    I'm not going to agrue that DA did or did not deserve a pro bowl spot.
    I'm asking what more do YOU want from a QB?
    What can't be argued is that he established himself as a top 10 QB.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Trust me if TJack had that kind of season stat wise people here would be saying that he got snubbed for the pro-Bowl if he didn't make it.

"happy" wrote:
    I know Anderson had a couple disappointing games at the end of the season.. at a point where the Browns really needed him.

You won't find that anywhere on the stat sheet.
    He also got them to the point where they "really needed him" and the game in Cincy is the one glaring game where he layed an egg.
    That was also in December, in Cincy, cold as hell, extremely windy, down by 19 at the half.
    He was in a bad spot

"Browns" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Browns" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Again...
    [size=14pt]
    [/size]

I'm not going to agrue that DA did or did not deserve a pro bowl spot.
    I'm asking what more do YOU want from a QB?
    What can't be argued is that he established himself as a top 10 QB.
    I think our QB is learning the system, however... I think our problem lies more in TE and WR.

I'm telling you, if Anderson played for the Vikings last year (minus those offensive weapons) he wouldn't have done much better than T-Jack.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast