Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Browns Fan is offline Waterboy

What are the vikes going to do at QB?

Hi guys, Cleveland Browns fan here.
    There has been alot of talk over the past couple of weeks about the Vikes looking at trading for Derrick Anderson.
    It makes sense, you need a QB BAD and the browns have Brady Quinn waiting in the wings.
    A first round draft pick would be involved in the deal, you get an established QB Browns can draft a rookie D-lineman.
    With all that said any rumors bouncing around town?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: What are the vikes going to do at QB?

there is a rumour that the vikings actually won't do anything, stick with Tarvaris Jackson and let him mature and progress and build off his success from last year.
    You can keep D Anderson and we'll keep our #17 Draft Pick

There was a Rumour of getting McNabb, but it seems unlikely that will happen

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

First welcome to the board!

But in a nutshell there probably will be no move made for DA price tag to high. Look around and you will see a bunch of different takes and arguments about it.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Sorry, I don't think Vikings are interested and neither am I really :P DA has a rocket arm but
    I attribute his success to having amazing weapons such as Edwards and Winslow.

Personally, I think the Vikings will start Tarvaris, but also bring in another young gunner in case TJ continues to suck halfway through the year or something.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I went to college out there, Kent State. I'll always have a soft spot for the Browns... the perennial underdogs.

However, I doubt this will happen. I personally don't want it to happen.

Anderson didn't have THAT great of a year, and if he came to Minnesota he wouldn't be throwing to Winslow Jr. and Edwards.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    there is a rumour that the vikings actually won't do anything, stick with Tarvaris Jackson and let him mature and progress and build off his success from last year.

let me preface this by saying I AM NOT FLAMING YOU.
    Build off of what success from last year?
    Again not to be rude but as someone not close to the situation Jackson looked God awful at times last year.
    If not for AP the entire Vikes offense would be in shambles.
    I'm not saying Anderson is the answer but with AP running the ball an explosive QB that can throw the deep ball to compliment the running game would make that offense extremely dangerous.

As far as us keeping DA, the more the offseason progresses the it seems thats the way its going to play out.
    There was a report to day that the Browns front office and DA are close to a three year deal.

The rumor around Cleveland invoving McNabb is that Baltimore will cut McNair and make a deal for McNabb

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"C" wrote:
    I went to college out there, Kent State. I'll always have a soft spot for the Browns... the perennial underdogs.

Anderson didn't have THAT great of a year, and if he came to Minnesota he wouldn't be throwing to Winslow Jr. and Edwards.
    3787 yards 29 TDs
    19 Ints
    Pro Bowl.
    No not THAT great
    :
    Surely the Vikes don't need that guy.

"Browns" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

let me preface this by saying I AM NOT FLAMING YOU.
    Build off of what success from last year?
    Again not to be rude but as someone not close to the situation Jackson looked God awful at times last year.
    If not for AP the entire Vikes offense would be in shambles.
    I'm not saying Anderson is the answer but with AP running the ball an explosive QB that can throw the deep ball to compliment the running game would make that offense extremely dangerous.

As far as us keeping DA, the more the offseason progresses the it seems thats the way its going to play out.
    There was a report to day that the Browns front office and DA are close to a three year deal.

The rumor around Cleveland invoving McNabb is that Baltimore will cut McNair and make a deal for McNabb
    You must not have watched the games... just looked at his numbers, eh? Our receivers had a TON of dropped balls last year.

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

3787 yards 29 TDs
    19 Ints
    Pro Bowl.
    No not THAT great
    :
    Surely the Vikes don't need that guy.
    I noticed you didn't highlight where I said he wouldn't be throwing to Edwards and Winslow... selective hearing...

Also, he wouldn't have even been invited to the Pro Bowl had Brady not dropped out...

ALSO... Here's an ESPN article agreeing with me...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=3243675&action=login& appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_ kc%26id%3d3243675

Derek Anderson, QB, Cleveland -- Anderson had nine games this past season with a passer rating of less than 80 and topped that mark only once in the final five games of the season. His 19 interceptions tied for fourth most in the NFL. His 82.5 season-long passer rating was lower than the passer ratings of Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington and Sage Rosenfels. Leading the Browns to 10 wins was impressive, but the sum of Anderson's accomplishments should not have equaled a trip to Honolulu.

"C" wrote:

Agreed Anderson has some killer weapons, but Anderson not having THAT great of a year??
    What more do ya want froma QB??

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast