Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Justin311 is offline Rookie

Re: WHAT AN UPSET!!!!

anyone here who thinks the Vikes beating the Ravens in Baltimore outdoors in December is NOT an upset is smokin the hippy lettuce waaaay too much.

Sure on paper our Offense is better, but their D is still THAT good and with the Vikings tank job the last half of the season the past 2 years, their inability to win on grass, on the road, outdoors, etc during the month of December, i would consider it to be a upset.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i'd say whatever team that was "hot" at the time would be an upset but thats stupid to say cause if they stay healthy and can play like they should nobody should be able to beat the vikings.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

I don't think the Steelers will be that good this year. Ben will need Plax for his maturation in his sophmore year. Especially in the playoffs.

I agree with Justin. It would be a little of an upset. Boller has a healthy Heap plus Mason, and Lewis on the ground to take pressure off of him.

But then again, our seondary could easily shut down Mason.

It would be awesome to see Fat Pat knock the he!! out of Lewis. Our D-line can take care of him anyways though...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Justin311" wrote:
    anyone here who thinks the Vikes beating the Ravens in Baltimore outdoors in December is NOT an upset is smokin the hippy lettuce waaaay too much.

Sure on paper our Offense is better, but their D is still THAT good and with the Vikings tank job the last half of the season the past 2 years, their inability to win on grass, on the road, outdoors, etc during the month of December, i would consider it to be a upset.
    Gee, none of that stopped us in January....

Seriously, I don't see any of our games as upset material just yet. We still have to see how these teams are all going to come together. Carolina was predicted to be a power last season, and they were barely a hiccup. Remember Oakland and Tampa after their Superbowl? They both fell apart.

I think our toughest games will be (In no particular order):
    Atlanta, Pittsburg, New York, and the second game against each Division rival. All of which are very winable for us.

I do NOT see a "Second Half Melt Down" this season because we are actually fielding an entire team this year. I think that the games we lose will be because we lost focus and beat ourselves.

Caine

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Burley81" wrote:
    I don't think the Steelers will be that good this year. Ben will need Plax for his maturation in his sophmore year. Especially in the playoffs.

I agree with Justin. It would be a little of an upset. Boller has a healthy Heap plus Mason, and Lewis on the ground to take pressure off of him.

But then again, our seondary could easily shut down Mason.

It would be awesome to see Fat Pat knock the he!! out of Lewis. Our D-line can take care of him anyways though...
    Ben doesn't need Plax when he has Ward.

The Steelers are a run team. They get the lead, rush the ball down your throat, chew up the game clock, and play great defense. This is the formula for their success.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

beating the Ravens during christmas
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

If ya twisted my arm, I would have to say Falcons in Atlanta. Since they did so well last year and the "D" is pretty tough.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Vick will get frustrated againt our D. He will have no where to pass, he will also have no where to run with our DT's coming up the middle and DE's chasing him down the sides or having him in containment. our LB's will also keep vick in check.

Swamination is offline Rookie

Well, I consider beating the dynasty Patriots in the Superbowl would be an upset :lol:

Anyways, all Vikings bias aside, probally GB twice. I mean its easily possible, but it hasn't happened recently.

Not really Panthers,Steelers,Falcons,or Ravens because they'll just be listed as a darn good game. No clear cut winner/loser.

pigskinronin is offline Starter

Not that it would be considered an upset, but the Giants have been a thorn in the side of the Vikings. Would be nice to make a statement and punish them on their home field --- and not just beat them but thump them soundly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast