Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

What was up with Moss?

"scorptile" wrote:
    hes already asked to be traded several times... ll...
    [size=7px][/size]

Several times? I think not idiot!
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

What was up with Moss?

"scorptile" wrote:
    hes already asked to be traded several times...doesnt anyone remember the whole "I will never win a superbowl as a viking" thing...after that he has been only playing "when he wants to play" and the belief int he "randy ratio" is killing the vikings offensivly...after the whole saying of these words i lost all respect for moss..and started rooting against him...cause he is the problem for the vikings not the solution...take him out put someone in there that can run 100 percent of the time full speed and can catch the ball then watch the vikings not only make the playoffs every year but win playoff games as well...
    I can see your anoymosity towards Randy Moss and also see your biased opinion. And thats OK. Randy Moss is the best wide receiver in the NFL. No one is better. He is brash, says what he feels, doesn't like the media, says things that sound like bragging but are truthfull. He singlehandedly changes opposing teams defenses. He makes the Vikes offense go. He has had Johnson, Cunningham, George, Frerotte, and Culpepper as QB's and has made everyone of them play with all pro superstar numbers. I don't think thats a coincidence.

About the only play when I want to play........This is why Moss doesn't grant to many interviews. The media are sharkes circling him. When he wasn't drafted in 1998 in the first 4-5 picks, the media went to town on him offering his off field problems as reasons. Even coaches and analysts said Moss would never make it in the NFL. So, what does Moss do. He proclaims after signing a modest 4 year deal and stated that he was "Gonna tear up the NFL". And he did. And he hasn't looked back since. He made the media look like clowns for what they said about him. The media has not forgotten that. They are just waiting to pounce. So, in an interview when asked if anyone could cover him, Moss said that no man could and he doesn't have to play at full speed and still he could be beat his man. The media twisted that saying as "Moss plays when he wants to, Moss takes plays off, Moss doesn't want to play"....

About the Randy ratio..... That was the brilliant Mike Tice plan. And he decided to share it with the entire NFL. Why not, lets open the playbook to every defense. Tice made a mistake and the media doesn't blame him, but Randy Moss instead. Another reason Moss doesn't give to many interviews.

To end. Randy Moss is not a role model. He doesn't want to be. He doesn't tout his own good deeds, (he does a wealth of community charity and events to raise money for several organizations) he's not selling something. He is simply Randy Moss. Best damn receiver in the NFL.

If you are not a Viking fan, of course I could see why you loathe him. Because more than likely your team had a chance to select him in the draft but made a mistake and took someone else. Or that he has singlehandedly beaten your team several times.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

What was up with Moss?

VERY VERY, good post XTAP. Everything he says or does the media takes WAY out of porportion, kinda like favre but with him its for the good.

I've tried to defend randy and explain to people but they dont understand they just look at what the media says and then they judge from there. They still judge him for things that happened 7 years ago, the pot smoking his college problems as a kid. The time he hospitalized a student for being racist. He was 18-21 years old, hes a grown man now, things change. He still soalks on the sideline's at times but i dont blame him, he knows the potential of the team and there not getting it done.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

What was up with Moss?

"XTAP59" wrote:

I can see your anoymosity towards Randy Moss and also see your biased opinion. And thats OK. Randy Moss is the best wide receiver in the NFL. No one is better. He is brash, says what he feels, doesn't like the media, says things that sound like bragging but are truthfull. He singlehandedly changes opposing teams defenses. He makes the Vikes offense go. He has had Johnson, Cunningham, George, Frerotte, and Culpepper as QB's and has made everyone of them play with all pro superstar numbers. I don't think thats a coincidence.

About the only play when I want to play........This is why Moss doesn't grant to many interviews. The media are sharkes circling him. When he wasn't drafted in 1998 in the first 4-5 picks, the media went to town on him offering his off field problems as reasons. Even coaches and analysts said Moss would never make it in the NFL. So, what does Moss do. He proclaims after signing a modest 4 year deal and stated that he was "Gonna tear up the NFL". And he did. And he hasn't looked back since. He made the media look like clowns for what they said about him. The media has not forgotten that. They are just waiting to pounce. So, in an interview when asked if anyone could cover him, Moss said that no man could and he doesn't have to play at full speed and still he could be beat his man. The media twisted that saying as "Moss plays when he wants to, Moss takes plays off, Moss doesn't want to play"....

About the Randy ratio..... That was the brilliant Mike Tice plan. And he decided to share it with the entire NFL. Why not, lets open the playbook to every defense. Tice made a mistake and the media doesn't blame him, but Randy Moss instead. Another reason Moss doesn't give to many interviews.

To end. Randy Moss is not a role model. He doesn't want to be. He doesn't tout his own good deeds, (he does a wealth of community charity and events to raise money for several organizations) he's not selling something. He is simply Randy Moss. Best damn receiver in the NFL.

If you are not a Viking fan, of course I could see why you loathe him. Because more than likely your team had a chance to select him in the draft but made a mistake and took someone else. Or that he has singlehandedly beaten your team several times.
    While I hate Moss with the best of them, that's one of the most intelligent posts I've read defending him.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

skogs02 is offline Starter

Re: What was up with Moss?

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Okay, haven't seen much on this. But, I'm guessing either Moss was hurt, he reverted to his "taking plays off" routine, or Al Harris really is the best shutdown corner in the NFL.

What was up with Randy Friday?
    i was at the game and moss was covered by at LEAST 2 guys every single play.There were some plays were moss was wide open and culpepper just missed him.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

What was up with Moss?

Adding to the "Randy Ratio" issue - that was discontinued in mid-season last year - it didn't work, and Culpepper was off his game as a result.

Everything else XTAP said I agree with.

Caine

What was up with Moss?

Ya know, just because Tice said that Moss's poor play wasn't related to his health doesn't mean that his statement is necessarily true. Tice got enough crap for letting him play injured earlier this season. Maybe he is still hurt. He sure as hell looked hurt. It was a big game and Moss always shows up in big games. He didn't look close to 100% at all.
    Even babies know the difference.

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

What was up with Moss?

"jackyl" wrote:
    Back
    I'll go with that

john fleming is offline Training Camp

What was up with Moss?

Whenever you have a hamstring injury it is bound to effect your back.....& since randy had a partial tear & still was able to play is pretty remarkable...This is a type of injury that effects speed..& most important the ability to explode!!! You have in the back of your head that if I explode it's gonna blow out...Randy will need a very intense off season training program to get him back in stellar shape....& if the vikes bring back the "D" cordinator & Coach Tice starts to lead like a coach The Vikes could be unstoppable next year...This year without a defense there is no way they can compete...Sorry but that's the way she goes....

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

What was up with Moss?

"XTAP59" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:
    hes already asked to be traded several times...doesnt anyone remember the whole "I will never win a superbowl as a viking" thing...after that he has been only playing "when he wants to play" and the belief int he "randy ratio" is killing the vikings offensivly...after the whole saying of these words i lost all respect for moss..and started rooting against him...cause he is the problem for the vikings not the solution...take him out put someone in there that can run 100 percent of the time full speed and can catch the ball then watch the vikings not only make the playoffs every year but win playoff games as well...

Very well put!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12