Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    If they don't sign Zimmer I would take that as a sign they are waiting on Roman.

We would have a really cool name we could use "Roman's Legions" HA! HA!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Great news guys!!!!

Vikings | Likely to hire Mike Zimmer
    Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:19:13 -0800

The Minnesota Vikings are likely to hire Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer as their next head coach after his second interview Tuesday, Jan. 14.
    - See more at: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

As I have said before it is too bad that we couldn't hire Dick LeBeau as our head coach. I think age is the only reason he doesn't get a gig. I would love to have him to work over our D and then hire Norv Turner as our OC. Turner is an offensive guru and while not a very good head coach he would do wonders for our QBs and our offense IMO.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    As I have said before it is too bad that we couldn't hire Dick LeBeau as our head coach. I think age is the only reason he doesn't get a gig. I would love to have him to work over our D and then hire Norv Turner as our OC. Turner is an offensive guru and while not a very good head coach he would do wonders for our QBs and our offense IMO.
    Only problem is that if Dick LeBeau gets fired or retire, Norv would possibly become the Vikings head coach, no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    Only problem is that if Dick LeBeau gets fired or retire, Norv would possibly become the Vikings head coach, no thanks!
    I wouldn't want that either but he is a great OC and if LeBeau can turn around the D we could be scary good in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I wouldn't want that either but he is a great OC and if LeBeau can turn around the D we could be scary good in the next few years.
    True

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    Sorry to be off topic but the Lions just hired Jim Caldwell to be their head coach and this is my reaction

http://www.somegif.com/view/Nicolas-...s-out-laughing
    That is great news for Vikings, Bears, and Packer fans..

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    If they don't sign Zimmer I would take that as a sign they are waiting on Roman.
    Or Bevell or Del Rio or Gase or Quinn!?

Time is ticking by though, Senior Bowl is coming, our roster, free agents, and draft picks need to be sorted through, and the longer we wait the more assistants and coordinators that will be off the market as well. Hate to make a rushed decision, but hate to keep waiting too!?!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post

Time is ticking by though, Senior Bowl is coming, our roster, free agents, and draft picks need to be sorted through, and the longer we wait the more assistants and coordinators that will be off the market as well. Hate to make a rushed decision, but hate to keep waiting too!?!
    I am not worried about it unless Zimmer wants full control and Speilman refuses to give Zimmer full control so he packs his bags and leave Minnesota

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post

I hear ya. It's now down to us and the Browns looking for a HC. While we would have pick of the crop over the Browns, we don't know who the other new coaches are going to hire for their staffs. Not to mention that Spielman already said that the Senior Bowl is not a deadline to have a coach in place, although it would be ideal.

Wouldn't it be funny if Spielman waited and didn't hire Zimmer so he could talk to those other coaches just to hear that Quinn is going to the Browns and the others want to remain with their current teams and see what becomes available next year? Then they go back to Zimmer and he says no thanks. Who coaches then? Musgrave. Preifer, maybe Singletary? Lol, if it ever happened, my guess is it would happen to the Vikings.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast