Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

What should we do to stop the giants big receivers?

I just want u guys thought on what we should do to stop Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Shockey, and Amani Toomer, and then Tiki Barber

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: What should we do to stop the giants big receivers?

Play good defense!!! :thumbleft:

Go vikes!!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

'Toine on Plax, EJ on Shoch, Fred on Amani, and just fricken jack up Tiki ever time he gets into the open field.

Prophet Guest

Hire Tanya Harding as a consultant.

Del Rio Guest

The answer is easy, keep pressure on Eli Manning. Wake Kevin Williams up.

You won't be able to contain all of those guys all of the time. Your best bet is to hit Eli hard, hit him often and knock em to the ground. You don't need a sack every play but you should be close enough to take a shot at him legally.

Sad thing is we have a shot to win this game and really BOOST ourselves past the slumps, but I have a feeling Ted is going to go tits up and play a deep zone hoping to contain the explosive recievers. If he does that and I am sure he will, we will lose.

If he plays a solid 4-3 and mixes in more blitzes and calls a good game then we should be able to get pressure on the QB and while it wont solve all our problems, it certainly will help us out in the most important ways.

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

i agree del rio, knock eli on his ass

tampaviking is offline Rookie

tight ends have killed the defense all year, shockey will catch alot but the other 2 should have less than average games. if the field position is played well and the giants have a longer field ahead of them then a win is possible

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Score on offense and dominate the clock. Win the turnover and field postion game..... otherwise Ted's defense will be backpedaling and allowing Eli all the time in the world to complete to whoever he wants.

A better plan would be to put pressure on Eli from the start (per Del) and give the WR's minimal time to run routes, but we all know that won't happen unless the Vikes do something on the offensive side of hte ball to give Ted the huevos to call things more aggressively.

NC_VIKING is offline Training Camp

The D needs to get physical right from the start. front 4 needs to play great and the offense needs to play 4 quarters and not sit on the lead like they always do in the second half. Let's beat the "G men" at their own game for once.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Anybody feeling what im feeling on the NY game? Lets see, the last two seasons it has been the vikings that were hotter than mcdonalds coffee and in come the lowly giants, only to send our season into a downward spiral. The roles have reversed, its our turn to play spoiler. If i remember right, i think the giants are like 31st in the league on total defense. If we can have the same play out of our line next week as we did against det, we can put some points on the g-lads. As far as containing all there weapons, drop the clip out of the gun. In other words, rattle elis cage a few times (hes only a second year player) and force him to make bad throws. Put AW on plax since smoot cant stop star receivers (c johnson, s smith). let smoot play old fart amani toomer. put our best coverage lb on headcase shockey and stack the box to contain barber.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast