Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: What Should Happen To The Metrodome?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I love the dome! I don't care what anyone says. floop a new stadium.
    I like the dome a lot, but it has problems.
    It is not fan friendly (bathrooms, concessions, concourses), and it is not a viable option to keep the Vikings competitive anymore.
    And I like the Vikings a lot more than I like any stadium.

Plus, after seeing the UoP stadium in Phoenix... the Metrodome just won't be the same anymore.
    :'(
    The bathrooms do suck and I want the Vikes to stay but I still love the dome.
    8)
    After the new stadium is built, everybody will say that they used to love the dome... just like they did about the Old Met after the dome was built.
    Truth be told, the Old Met was a POS, and gol 'darnit near everybody was excited to move into a new home.
    I never made it to a game in the Met but I heard about it from my Uncles.
    As to the Dome I am glad I got to see a couple of games there but it has nothing on the other sites I've been to other than it can get real loud in there.

Lines suck and block all avennues to walk around, you'd better have everything strapped down when you try to leave (almost lost Wildwoman when the wind took her for a ride), and the bathrooms were unbearable.
    Make a man almost not want to drink beer cause you knew you what you were in for in there my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    It is not fan friendly (bathrooms, concessions, concourses), and it is not a viable option to keep the Vikings competitive anymore.

Plus, after seeing the UoP stadium in Phoenix... the Metrodome just won't be the same anymore.
    8)
    The Dome bathrooms are better than the Qwest Field SeaSquawk Stadium in Seattle...
    The separate urinals versus the troughs cause on hell of a back up...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

8)
    After the new stadium is built, everybody will say that they used to love the dome... just like they did about the Old Met after the dome was built.
    Truth be told, the Old Met was a POS, and gol 'darnit near everybody was excited to move into a new home.
    I never made it to a game in the Met but I heard about it from my Uncles.
    As to the Dome I am glad I got to see a couple of games there but it has nothing on the other sites I've been to other than it can get real loud in there.

Lines suck and block all avennues to walk around, you'd better have everything strapped down when you try to leave (almost lost Wildwoman when the wind took her for a ride), and the bathrooms were unbearable.
    Make a man almost not want to drink beer cause you knew you what you were in for in there my friends.
    Good point but the key word you use is almost.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Turn it into a roller disco fishing ranch.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Normally this is the time I would give my speech on giving hand outs to the most financially successful sport league ever. I think instead I will just say that I really hope they can agree on something. I have come to the conclusion that if something isn't worked out by 2009, or 2010 at the latest, that we will lose the vikings.
    I don't like it but I would dislike losing the vikings even more.
    The commission is proposing the project be paid for through several taxes as well as city, county, and state taxes. They said their next step is to send letters to Minneapolis City Council members.
    I hope they have some other ideas because I don't think taxes are gonna fund the entire thing.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Normally this is the time I would give my speech on giving hand outs to the most financially successful sport league ever. I think instead I will just say that I really hope they can agree on something. I have come to the conclusion that if something isn't worked out by 2009, or 2010 at the latest, that we will lose the vikings.
    I don't like it but I would dislike losing the vikings even more.
    The commission is proposing the project be paid for through several taxes as well as city, county, and state taxes. They said their next step is to send letters to Minneapolis City Council members.
    I hope they have some other ideas because I don't think taxes are gonna fund the entire thing.
    The Zigster already said he would pay for some of it.
    And with the growing talks of the rail system we could even get some sort of federal funding?
    I believe i read something a while ago about the Zigster talking with Oberstar about some sort of federal funding because of the rail system.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

8)
    It's not that crowded if you know WHEN to go. If you wait until the end of a quarter, the two minute warning or halftime, that is when the mad rush is & of course it will be crowded.

I usually go right after a TD during the game. No need to watch them kick the extra point or watch them stand on the sidelines while the long commercial break is going. I might miss the kickoff, but there's usually another commercial break after the return also.

If they at least had a TV or at least radio feed in the can, you'd at least know what's going on.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Turn it over to the illigealk aliens and see how many realatives they can fit in there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123