Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    What’s Bothering Winfield?

    [size=13pt]What’s Bothering Winfield?[/size]

    By Scout.com

    Posted May 26, 2007


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: What’s Bothering Winfield?

    Whaever it is ;ets just get it fixed we need him. I have also heard that his best freinds on the team were Marcus Robinson and Fred Smoot who are both gone.

  3. #3
    Json is offline GM
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: What’s Bothering Winfield?

    I think the Nate Clements contract is the reason Winfields not there.
    He knows he's one of the top CB's in the league, and figures it's a good chance to try and get a raise.
    He figures he's lived up to his current contract by playing extremely solid the last few seasons.
    On his part its a solid move while he has the leverage, but to the vikings and us fans it's not cool.
    I wouldn't mind if the Vikings re-did his contract and threw him a little more cash, he's played very well and the vikings need to atleast consider it.
    If he's not there because the team hasn't been very good the last few years, then I will have a much diffrent opinion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: What’s Bothering Winfield?

    My stomach is turning over and over right now.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What’s Bothering Winfield?

    There is absolutely nothing in this article that hasn't been hashed out elsewhere.
    The only facts we know are that Winfield missed the OTAs but will be at mini camp.
    We don't know why, and anything at this point is speculation.

    That article isn't saying anything new, so there is nothing new to worry about.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: What’s Bothering Winfield?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    There is absolutely nothing in this article that hasn't been hashed out elsewhere.
    The only facts we know are that Winfield missed the OTAs but will be at mini camp.
    We don't know why, and anything at this point is speculation.

    That article isn't saying anything new, so there is nothing new to worry about.
    We do know he's the only one one who didn't give a reason for his absence.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What’s Bothering Winfield?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    There is absolutely nothing in this article that hasn't been hashed out elsewhere.
    The only facts we know are that Winfield missed the OTAs but will be at mini camp.
    We don't know why, and anything at this point is speculation.

    That article isn't saying anything new, so there is nothing new to worry about.
    We do know he's the only one one who didn't give a reason for his absence.
    Yeah. but we knew that before.
    Everything that was in that article was simply a rehashing of stuff that has already been reporter.
    It is no longer news.

    In the absence of news, some times the media just seems to print whatever they can to still the pot...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: What’s Bothering Winfield?

    "Json" wrote:
    I think the Nate Clements contract is the reason Winfields not there.
    He knows he's one of the top CB's in the league, and figures it's a good chance to try and get a raise.
    He figures he's lived up to his current contract by playing extremely solid the last few seasons.
    On his part its a solid move while he has the leverage, but to the vikings and us fans it's not cool.
    I wouldn't mind if the Vikings re-did his contract and threw him a little more cash, he's played very well and the vikings need to atleast consider it.
    If he's not there because the team hasn't been very good the last few years, then I will have a much diffrent opinion.
    If he's unhappy with his contract it puts the Vikings in a tough spot. I hope that's not the case.

    Like Paul said, there was nothing new in this article.

    So we just wait and see.

    My guess is, the Vikings organization knows more than they are letting on.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  9. #9
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: What’s Bothering Winfield?

    Is this something to worry about?
    I believe it is.
    However, if Winfield thinks he's comparable to Clements, he wrong.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I like the guy and he's a solid player.
    However, if you look at what he does versus what Clements does its like comparing apples and oranges.
    I'll say this.
    Winfield knows the game and is very good at picking out the run.
    He also is usually right there with his coverage.
    However, he does allow a lot of catches.
    IMO he plays conservatively against the throw but plays aggressively against the run.
    Is that a bad thing?
    Not at all because at least he keeps his man in front of him and he doesn't miss many tackles.

    So what do the Vikings do?
    I can't blame a guy for wanting more money.
    However, I think he has a pretty good deal for someone that has never made the probowl.
    Does he deserve to be there?
    IMO and most Viking fans opinion, yes.
    The fact is he is outshined by the likes of other probowl corners.
    I say the Vikings let this one play out.
    Knowing Winfield, he'll be back and play as hard as ever.
    If anything, they can restructure his contract during the season such as they did for EJ and McKinnie last year.
    By doing anything now it tells the rest of the players its okay.

  10. #10
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: What’s Bothering Winfield?

    I remember him being
    vocal last year,but it was about the offense that riminded me of a starving ethopian hungry as hades but not willing to rob a 7-11 to get a slurpee and nachos either way I think he will show up hes got 3 years left on his deal he should be in mandatory camp.
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 304
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 09:01 PM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 06:49 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 06:57 AM
  4. Winfield Sig
    By VikesFan787 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 10:50 AM
  5. Winfield?
    By Guruzen in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 02:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •