Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

What position is the weakest?

Now that the season is over it seems that the talking starts. Who needs to go who needs to stay? What positions do we need to work on in FA and the draft etc. Now there are many different opinions that I have seen but what I would like to know is what position on the Vikings is the Weakest and WHY?

Personally I feel that our weekest position is still LB. I think that we are worlds better than we were last year at this time but we still have a long ways to go. This is the area that i would like to definatley work on via free agency and the draft. I feel that the LB's that we have are good at defending the run up the middle but aren't quick enough to stop the runs to the outside. I also feel that they struggle in coverage as well, which isn't good when we are switching to a cover 2 defense. I'd like to see at least two new LB's added this offseason. Hopefully Julian Peterson is one of them.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: What position is the weakest?

I agree, linebacker is our biggest need right now. With Keith Newman and Sam Cowart as free agents, and a struggling Napoleon Harris we definitely need to pick up a couple of linebackers this offseason whether it's through draft or free agency.

I'd love Akin Ayodele at linebacker right now.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i would say our linebackers, strong safety, and right side of our offensive line.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

linebacker, offensive line, and im gonna go out on a limb here and say WR..no big name playmaker at WR hurts no matter how any of you look at it..and koren robinson isnt the answer to that either, tho we should obviously resign him for his kick returning ability, and the fact that hes better than taylor, which really doesnt say that much...RB i would say is an issue as well considering how the committee thing really hasnt worked for us against any team that is half decent on defense
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

we are loaded at wr that isane to say its one of our weakness and im gonna agree and say lb is definitly are weakness barley beating out o-line
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Linebacker and SS.

I'm hoping we sign either Peterson or Witherspoon. I think they'd both fit perfectly into our new Cover 2 system, which relies on fast linebackers who are able to drop into coverage. Maybe we could get both!!!

Thanks PPE for the sig.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

WR, LOL. We currently have 3 guys on the roster that have had 1,000 yard seasons. We have 3 first rounders. Your crazy.

Probably LB, with all the high draft pics we have it really shouldn't be but it is, i dont know wether to blame the players or the coaching, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some new blood.

Then Saftey, Sharper is solid but injuries happen, offord is coming off an ACL injury and Fox is a CB trying to play safety. Chavous is gone gone, so we need to draft or go FA for a Safety. I still think Dexter Jackson is a possiblitly, there's no reason to think otherwise, a proven playmaker who has played under Tomlin. Tomlin would love to have some guys that have at least played the scheme.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

"olson_10" wrote:
    linebacker, offensive line, and im gonna go out on a limb here and say WR..no big name playmaker at WR hurts no matter how any of you look at it..and koren robinson isnt the answer to that either, tho we should obviously resign him for his kick returning ability, and the fact that hes better than taylor, which really doesnt say that much...RB i would say is an issue as well considering how the committee thing really hasnt worked for us against any team that is half decent on defense
    I agree with you on all points. We do need a big WR to open things up for us especially if we get a good RB. LB & O-Line each need a few pickups as well. Peterson would be great.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

"mr.woo" wrote:
    we are loaded at wr that isane to say its one of our weakness and im gonna agree and say lb is definitly are weakness barley beating out o-line
    We are loaded with average WR's not 1 great WR on the team. Hopefully Troy Williamson will pan out to get much better but a stud WR would be better for our QB situation whoever that may be.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    We are loaded with average WR's not 1 great WR on the team. Hopefully Troy Williamson will pan out to get much better but a stud WR would be better for our QB situation whoever that may be.
    A good team does not need to have one superstar WR to win. We had Moss before, and where did he take us???

TO never brought the Super Bowl to Philly.

Now let's look at the Patriots. Arguably the best football team in the last ten years, and yet their best receiver was Deion Branch.

WR is not a position that you need to have superstars, because even the best receivers will only affect the game in maybe 8-10 plays again. I'd rather have a stud QB or RB or LB that will affect almost all the plays.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast