Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    LB, either Mack, Barr, or Mosley, whoever is available. If they all are, I believe they will go with Mack.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    LB, either Mack, Barr, or Mosley, whoever is available. If they all are, I believe they will go with Mack.
    I like Mack, seems like Barr has moved up a bit after his Pro day. I like Barr too.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    I do not see the Vikings drafting Sammy Watkins over a linebacker, the linebacker position is a much bigger need than a wide receiver and plus the Vikings wide receiver corps is not that bad with Patterson, Jennings, and Simpson and on the other hand, the linebacker corps are awful besides Chad Greenway
    We as fans cannot say what we have in players at this point with the new schemes heading our way. For all we know the linebackers we have will turn out to be studs in this defense we will be running. I have not heard Zimmer say that we are running the cover two.

Watkins and Patterson as your young receivers would not be a bad thing.

All I am really asking is that we do not trade down and just draft BPA. But I prefer that Zimmer makes the decision to who that player will be instead of Ricky boy.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

What position now.

Greenway is set. Maybe he can get something out of Brinkley and Cole but the SLB is weak.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

What position now.

I hope Hodges steps up under Zimmer at the SLB. He was a beast at Penn State.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    We can't be done. Still need to address offensive guard and strong safety.

Travelle Wharton, Willie Colon, or dare I even say, Richie Incognito (if Zimmer can control him)

Safety- lots of good FA's out there
    We already have a captain, should we add a Major? Major Wright
    Thomas DeCoud
    Patrick Chung
    And a bunch of others available ... Can't be weak in the secondary with the teams we have to play.

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    dont be surprised if a qb lands at 8 ...bridgewater johny football ..

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    if we are talking FA.. i'd be surprised if we pick up any more starter positions of great need, except if maybe they find an LB out there for a bargin. I'd bet it's gonna be depth pick ups.. and for that I think it leans towards,

Oline/Dline, LB, S, TE, mabye an RB but i doubt it.

wich ever of these do get depth in FA.. look for the rest to be overloaded with possible depth/future starters from the draft.

so far the FO has replaced guys we lost, filled in new blood in some places of need, and has their bandaids to help bring in their qb of the future. I'll be honest and say i havn't been researching as much yet about the draft needs, so i'll make more comments on that one later. But it is nice to know that we arn't in the position of say complete rebuild going into this draft.. being selective and a bit lucky we can come out this season strong!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    So, I have been thinking. We drafted a CB, DT and WR in the first round last year. We went out and got a DT and CB in Free Agency. What does that say about the guys we drafted last year at CB and DT?

In the mock drafts that I have done, It seems like the couple position that we could get a top of the draft starter in the 8th spot would be OLB (Mack & possibly Barr),CB (Dennard or Gilbert), DT (Donald), WR (Watkins sometimes drops), and an OT (seems to be 3 good ones). A person could trade back a few and get a really good S or trade back to late first and get a G. Both trades back would require a second round compensation and possibly another late round compensation pick. The QB is really a crap shoot and you are rolling the dice, but if the QB you want is there, you have to take him at 8.

So sticking with the topic, I say you try to target a ILB in FA, but who is available at the position? If we didn't make a commitment to Cassel, I would say QB. You could target a G, like Davin Joseph. You could go after Rodger-Cromartie but back to my original comment, what does that say about Xavier Rhodes after picking up "The Captain."

??
    Last edited by snowinapril; 03-17-2014 at 12:21 AM.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    So, I have been thinking. We drafted a CB, DT and WR in the first round last year. We went out and got a DT and CB in Free Agency. What does that say about the guys we drafted last year at CB and DT?

In the mock drafts that I have done, It seems like the couple position that we could get a top of the draft starter in the 8th spot would be OLB (Mack & possibly Barr),CB (Dennard or Gilbert), DT (Donald), WR (Watkins sometimes drops), and an OT (seems to be 3 good ones). A person could trade back a few and get a really good S or trade back to late first and get a G. Both trades back would require a second round compensation and possibly another late round compensation pick. The QB is really a crap shoot and you are rolling the dice, but if the QB you want is there, you have to take him at 8.

So sticking with the topic, I say you try to target a ILB in FA, but who is available at the position? If we didn't make a commitment to Cassel, I would say QB. You could target a G, like Davin Joseph. You could go after Rodger-Cromartie but back to my original comment, what does that say about Xavier Rhodes after picking up "The Captain."

??
    I'll give your question a spin. It doesn't say anything aboutlast year's draft. In today's NFl, nickle is a necessity so 3 most teams should be looking to have 3 starting caliber Cbs. We have 2 and nothing else. Floyd looked ok last season but I need to see more from him. It just says we had/have 0 depth. That's my issue with the GM. We build a roster that is loose leaf paper thin. Once and injury happens, everything falls apart. Once we lose 1 CB....we are loosing all our games. T

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast