Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

At what point would you keep Childress

This poll may be hard to understand because it was hard for me to word it correctly...
    But here's the gist of it.
    I know many here want to see Childress out as Head Coach of the Vikings. But suppose he won the NFC North, would you still want him out? How about if he won the Super Bowl.
    I want to have you click on at what point you would keep Childress as the Head Coach of the Vikings.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: At what point would you keep Childress

If he makes the playoffs I say give him another year, maybe even if he gets 9 wins and misses the playoffs. Progress is progress and I'm all for progress.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

If he finishes 10-6, and doesn't get a playoff victory or doesn't make the playoffs I'd say keep him.
    9-7 with a playoff victory is enough, but 9-7 with no playoffs, or no playoff victory, isn't enough of a progression from last year, seeing as all the biggest holes from a talent standpoint were filled in the offseason.

I view the week QB position was completely his fault, as Zygi would have brought someone in if Childress felt a need.
    Garcia, for one, would have fit nicely as a temporary solution... and he wanted to come here.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SKOL" wrote:
    If he finishes 10-6, and doesn't get a playoff victory or doesn't make the playoffs I'd say keep him.
    9-7 with a playoff victory is enough, but 9-7 with no playoffs, or no playoff victory, isn't enough of a progression from last year, seeing as all the biggest holes from a talent standpoint were filled in the offseason.

I view the week QB position was completely his fault, as Zygi would have brought someone in if Childress felt a need.
    Garcia, for one, would have fit nicely as a temporary solution... and he wanted to come here.
    Playoffs are crucial, but if they go 8-8 and win the NFCN i still wouldn't want him.
    I'd say if he can get the team playing consistantly, and go to the second round of the playoffs, then keep him, otherwise can his ass and bring in Mooch

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I wouldn't know why we should fire him IF we are heading into the direction we're going now.
    Which means, we keep winning, but also show offensive improvement. i know another 8-8 season is unacceptable, but it's the way we get there which is important ( to me )
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

He has to make the playoffs.
    Finishing 8-8 or 9-7 is not an improvement.
    Games can go either way in the NFL.
    We easily could have been a couple games better or worse than we were, so it takes more than a 1 game improvement on paper to save a job (IMO).
    Childress has done very little to impress in his three years in Minnesota.
    I believe that any average candidate could have easily performed at the same level or better than Childress has, given the same circumstances.

I also believe that we could bring in a different coach without completely starting over.
    The foundation has been put down, we just need better scheme, gameplanning, etc.

If Mediocrity is your game, then hop on the Chilly wagon now because looking at the team as a whole, that is all we've seen at best.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

At the point that the team looks like it is well prepared, that the correct in-game decisions are made and that it looks like the team is functioning like a cohesive unit.

In the third year the players have had the time to adjust to whatever the coaches want and the coaches should have a feel for what game plans will be effective considering the talent they have on the field.

I will not look at the record as the only factor that would determine whether the coach should stay or go. For instance, if we have a few more key injuries to key players and the backups that come in are the reasons why we lose games I am not going to be as hard on the coaching staff.

Also, how the team plays and responds to challenges will mean quite a bit. If they are out there playing 100% and looking like they are giving their all but end up losing games because injury reduced the depth of the roster i am willing to live with that.

But if we go out against GB this weekend, look flat and uninspired and get blown out again, then all bets are off.

I just want a team that plays hard and competes and a staff that has it's players prepared for the game and comfortable enough with what is being asked of them that they can play the game without the mental errors that lead to blown plays.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    But if we go out against GB this weekend, look flat and uninspired and get blown out again, then all bets are off.
    I hear you on that.
    It REALLY IRKS ME that when Childress took over the Vikes and Pack were 44-44-1 in their series together.
    Now it is 49-44-1 in favor of the Pack.
    It's enough to drive a guy to

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

If Childress can't win the NFC North this year, I would definitely fire him. Our division is worse than i thought it would be this year.The Packers are still good, even with Aaron Rodgers at QB, and the Bears' offense has been a big surprise, but the Lions are terrible.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

May need to add an option like "we don't no matter what."

If we did for some reason win the SB, people would still want him out.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast