Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    So, everyone saying that you'd never root for the Vikings to lose, let me propose a scenario.

The Vikings are tied with Jacksonville at 2-13 going into week 17. Vikes get the #1 pick with a loss. A win gives #2 or later. You're honestly telling me you won't be at least a little bit annoyed by a win?

I won't root for us to lose until I'm sure it will help the team. What's the difference in losing 12, 13, or 14 games in a season? All that an extra win or two does is put the team in a worse draft slot.
    In the last 10 drafts, the most important #1 (in my opinion) was last year's...Andrew Luck. But keep in mind, RGIII was #2. I would have taken EITHER. Go for the win.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    So, everyone saying that you'd never root for the Vikings to lose, let me propose a scenario.

The Vikings are tied with Jacksonville at 2-13 going into week 17. Vikes get the #1 pick with a loss. A win gives #2 or later. You're honestly telling me you won't be at least a little bit annoyed by a win?

I won't root for us to lose until I'm sure it will help the team. What's the difference in losing 12, 13, or 14 games in a season? All that an extra win or two does is put the team in a worse draft slot.
    I certainly can't and won't speak for anyone other than me.

Regardless of scenario, I never want my favorite team to lose, ever.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    In the last 10 drafts, the most important #1 (in my opinion) was last year's...Andrew Luck. But keep in mind, RGIII was #2. I would have taken EITHER. Go for the win.
    Remember when Jamarcus Russell was drafted over Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson? Haha... classic
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    I'm not as concerned about the draft pick as who will be the coach with his finger prints on it, so I'm sitting here on the loses not hoping for them but hoping there will be change because of them....Then may be we can bring in a guy like Mike McCoy, Jay Gruden or even Kyle Shanahan, someone that calls the plays for the system they have drawn up, not really interested in a Tom Clements or Greg Roman type that sets up the offense for someone else to run, we had that with Childress.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    You can put me solidly in the camp that says never. Under any circumstances.

I am a Vikings FAN. Fan is short for fanatic. Fanatics are, by definition, irrational. So no matter how much sense it makes, no matter how logical it might be, I still cannot, and will not, root for my team to lose.

Even given the scenario posited with that Jacksonville tie thing... Unless we are playing them, the Jags would still have to win in order to give us that top spot. In a tying situation, they would get the nod. But even then, even if we were playing at Jacksonville in that final game, I'd still be cheering with all my heart and soul for a Vikings victory.

I am a Vikings FAN.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'd be annoyed about losing the game, though if we were 2-13 going into it, then it probably wouldn't be surprising. We draft based on our record and I would always our record to be the best it can be.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NDVikingFan66 View Post
    Never. Quitting is never an option. I don't care. You never just quit. Serious character issues at that point.
    My sentiments exactly! I love the Vikings and ALWAYS pull for them to win! I'm not giving up on the season quite yet, but realize that 0-3 makes it hard to make the playoffs. How about the team focus on winning ONE GAME this Sunday, and doing WHAT IT TAKES to win that game? Going into a bye week with a victory should make the team feel better...
    +1. I absolutely never root for the Vikings to lose. Maybe, just maybe, if losing the last game of the year would guarantee us the #1 overall pick, I could do it. But I'm not seeing an Andrew Luck coming out of college this year....
    SKOL VIKINGS!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    My sentiments exactly! I love the Vikings and ALWAYS pull for them to win! I'm not giving up on the season quite yet, but realize that 0-3 makes it hard to make the playoffs. How about the team focus on winning ONE GAME this Sunday, and doing WHAT IT TAKES to win that game? Going into a bye week with a victory should make the team feel better...
    One question... Who do you feel more confident in winning their first game?
    A team led by the reigning NFL MVP, or a team that can't run it's way out of a greasy fish and chips bag?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    As soon as we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs I will not be too disappointed in a loss. I still can't root against the team, but in my heart I know it's whats best for the team.

If I were a GM I would definetly tank a season in order to get a top pick, especially if I knew Andrew Luck was available.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    As soon as we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs I will not be too disappointed in a loss. I still can't root against the team, but in my heart I know it's whats best for the team.

If I were a GM I would definetly tank a season in order to get a top pick, especially if I knew Andrew Luck was available.
    They had that opportunity but didn't take advantage of it. They felt they didn't need Luck; they had Ponder ! And that's pretty telling in and of itself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast