Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    0-4, after the Squealers smash us I think we can start to think about our draft position. Stick a fork in us we will be done Sunday.
    Nice guys finish last in this league. Frasier is at the top of the list of nice guys, and these guys will quit on him, especially if he stays with Ponder after London. The best thing that can happen is we get ths shit knocked out of us Sunday and Ponder stinks it up once again. Frasier will be forced to move Ponder out. At least we get a look at Cassell and maybe even MBT to see what he has. Let's face facts, at 0-3 ONLY a contending team could dig out from this, NOT THIS TEAM. We are who we are. A quarterbackless team that is forced to play like it's 1975 on offense which is a no win situation in todays league. Even if this team played stellar the rest of the way they would maybe go .500. That's how bad they are. This is an offense league. Yes , the defense folded late but you can't just do the three and out thing week after week late and expect to toss it on your defense. The leauge don't work that way today. As far as the offense, I thought Chilly's offense was boring? My God, this is even worse. Is the screen pass illegal? You telling me that you can't find one screen in your play card to try and help slow down a pass rush? Here is the problem. Defenses are stacking the box and run blitzing with no regard for Ponder beating them CONSISTENTLY. There are no holes because it's a jailbreak to AP and then to Ponder with no regard of getting beat over the top. That's why it looks so bad. This oline is being overwhelmed with bodies more then they have. It's numbers and the defense knows with Ponder IT WILL WIN... I truly am hoping for about a 2 win season. It's the only way we catch up to a division filled with very good qb's. We will never compete with the dogs we have thrown out there the last 10 years. ITS A QB LEAGUE.. HAVE ONE OR GO HOME...

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Nice guys finish last in this league. Frasier is at the top of the list of nice guys, and these guys will quit on him, especially if he stays with Ponder after London. The best thing that can happen is we get ths shit knocked out of us Sunday and Ponder stinks it up once again. Frasier will be forced to move Ponder out. At least we get a look at Cassell and maybe even MBT to see what he has. Let's face facts, at 0-3 ONLY a contending team could dig out from this, NOT THIS TEAM. We are who we are. A quarterbackless team that is forced to play like it's 1975 on offense which is a no win situation in todays league. Even if this team played stellar the rest of the way they would maybe go .500. That's how bad they are. This is an offense league. Yes , the defense folded late but you can't just do the three and out thing week after week late and expect to toss it on your defense. The leauge don't work that way today. As far as the offense, I thought Chilly's offense was boring? My God, this is even worse. Is the screen pass illegal? You telling me that you can't find one screen in your play card to try and help slow down a pass rush? Here is the problem. Defenses are stacking the box and run blitzing with no regard for Ponder beating them CONSISTENTLY. There are no holes because it's a jailbreak to AP and then to Ponder with no regard of getting beat over the top. That's why it looks so bad. This oline is being overwhelmed with bodies more then they have. It's numbers and the defense knows with Ponder IT WILL WIN... I truly am hoping for about a 2 win season. It's the only way we catch up to a division filled with very good qb's. We will never compete with the dogs we have thrown out there the last 10 years. ITS A QB LEAGUE.. HAVE ONE OR GO HOME...
    Pretty good summary actually. Ponder hasn't shown enough improvement to warrant any long term outlook. I said in the offseason I wouldn't judge until the season was done. Hard to argue at 0-3 our season is still alive and I'm not liking what I'm seeing overall from Ponder.

Defense has some talent but not enough of the right mix, whatever that is. We're more of a 5 win team than a 2 win team so it'll be interesting where we end up.

Good news is we have a pretty solid foundation on offense for a new QB to step into. Defense has some leaks to fix but one playmaker at LB and it has the makings of being really good. A lot like Denver before they got rid of Tebow. May God bless us with a franchise QB this off season.

As for the OP question...I'd prefer if our players that have let us down so far turn it around so they don't need replacing as well next season. Even if it means a weaker draft position. But if we do happen to lose I think I can stomach it if it means a higher pick as well. Hope we beat the Steelers this week but expectations are now non existent so whatever if they lose.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Never. Quitting is never an option. I don't care. You never just quit. Serious character issues at that point.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NDVikingFan66 View Post
    Never. Quitting is never an option. I don't care. You never just quit. Serious character issues at that point.
    My sentiments exactly! I love the Vikings and ALWAYS pull for them to win! I'm not giving up on the season quite yet, but realize that 0-3 makes it hard to make the playoffs. How about the team focus on winning ONE GAME this Sunday, and doing WHAT IT TAKES to win that game? Going into a bye week with a victory should make the team feel better...

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    My sentiments exactly! I love the Vikings and ALWAYS pull for them to win! I'm not giving up on the season quite yet, but realize that 0-3 makes it hard to make the playoffs. How about the team focus on winning ONE GAME this Sunday, and doing WHAT IT TAKES to win that game? Going into a bye week with a victory should make the team feel better...
    One question... Who do you feel more confident in winning their first game? A team led by Big Ben, or a
    team led by Crissy Ponder? Who would you put your money on to win it's first game? A team coached by
    Leslie Frasier or the guy in Pittsburgh? Oh yes that guy, a former Viking coach who has a SB ring. I see
    Crissy Ponder has a sore rib. I'll move up my percentage to 40 percent with Cassell. Up from 20 percent with Cr

Crissy. Get ready for hell after this week if the Vikings get shellacked. By the way , nice going Ziggy,
    you take the money for the London home game which meant the Vikings see their home field ONCE
    THE FIRST ENTIRE MONTH OF THE SEASON.. GOOD JOB

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by ndvikingfan66 View Post
    never. Quitting is never an option. I don't care. You never just quit. Serious character issues at that point.
    completely agree.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Never is the answer. No true fan roots for his team to lose. If you expect the players to play to win every game the fans have to pull for them. Doesn't mean we can't get exasperated or PO'd and call for heads to roll.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    completely agree.
    Yup.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    +1 to answer the post title you never root for draft postion over wins. If nothing else you try to be that thorn in the side of a team and be the cause of them not making the playoffs or having to play a wildcard game instead of having a bye week. In short be a proverbial pain in the arse to anyone playing you.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    So, everyone saying that you'd never root for the Vikings to lose, let me propose a scenario.

The Vikings are tied with Jacksonville at 2-13 going into week 17. Vikes get the #1 pick with a loss. A win gives #2 or later. You're honestly telling me you won't be at least a little bit annoyed by a win?

I won't root for us to lose until I'm sure it will help the team. What's the difference in losing 12, 13, or 14 games in a season? All that an extra win or two does is put the team in a worse draft slot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast