Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Re: What is our best option?

Oh God lets not get into one of these useless discussions over what constitues a "true" Viking fans. That's about like tyring to argue whether A-Rod is a true Yankee. Suffice it to say that those of us that are interested enough in this team to take the time out of their days to register to this website (the best NFL fan website in the universe, I might add), join in and post thoughtful analysis, are in fact true Vikings fans. So we all qualify. Skol.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    I have heard way too much from the posters here about a new coach, it will not happen END OF DISCUSSION!!!! Well, at least until next season, so let’s look ahead at the rest of the season, I think I speak for the majority of true Vikings fans saying that there is plenty of season remaining, especially in our division which has been rather revolting. I think that the Vikings have a very legitimate shot at making the playoffs by winning the division.
    The question I pose is, how much impact do you see the recent additions to the coaching staff make? Will Foge really help the defense? Same for the offense with the newly brought in Rhome? I think would be content if not happy with Rhome, someone who has run an offense in the NFL and leave the O-Line to our current O-coordinator. The question I pose to the rest of the Vikings faithful out there is, what is the best solution for the Vikings, except replacing the coach, because it will not happen.
    I want a new coach. I think Tice should go. :lol:

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    I have heard way too much from the posters here about a new coach, it will not happen END OF DISCUSSION!!!! .
    And yet you start a new thread on the topic?

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Grassdog61" wrote:
    Oh God lets not get into one of these useless discussions over what constitues a "true" Viking fans. That's about like tyring to argue whether A-Rod is a true Yankee. Suffice it to say that those of us that are interested enough in this team to take the time out of their days to register to this website (the best NFL fan website in the universe, I might add), join in and post thoughtful analysis, are in fact true Vikings fans. So we all qualify. Skol.
    Does that mean that LosAngelis is a true Vikings fan? :hello1:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    I have heard way too much from the posters here about a new coach, it will not happen END OF DISCUSSION!!!! .
    And yet you start a new thread on the topic?
    HAHAHA!! :lol:

Go vikes!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I totally think we need much better play calling.. We need to run more then a draw or a run up the middle on first down.. Need to mix in some play action.. Maybe go deep a little more and keep the other team honest.. It would open the running game much more and they wouldn't blitz as much.. Pep would get his confidence back.. And we would go 13-3! Well you get my point

"mnjamie" wrote:
    ...... Secondly, what good is winning the division if the team isn't playing well enough to make it past the first round of the playoffs. Might as well loose and go for a good draft pick.....
    so if there's any doubt , give up? just tring to translate . so do you think that the vikes should lose every game for a draft pick? are you saying that the vikes can't win a playoff game? do you really want the vikes to be the worst in the league? do you really like the vikings?

how can any one say these things about their team? have some pride.
    i would rather whoop the devision and lose in the playoffs then lose for a draft pick .

i would rather be mediocre team with some leverage against the packer degenerates , then be the laughing stock of the league.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Guys, let's face it, our coaching situation is the joke of the league. Tice is in way over his head. He was always an interim coach and always will be. The things he says after games are just idiotic ("we obviously have a lot of work to do"). It is obvious to me that he is just not head-coaching material. He is not smart enough. The thing about getting "consultants" in is just a total joke. I think Wilf wants to fire Tice, and is looking for ways. The only reason Tice is still there is, there are no Vikings assistants with head coaching experience.

Re Culpepper, I notice he just holds the ball too long. The main problem with our team is the chaotic, ridiculous coaching situation, and the lack of a QB who can release fast. Compare Culpepper to Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe makes FAST READS and gets rid of the ball very fast and on target. C-pepper sits and sits and sits and sits, then sails the ball high, or low.

Football is about execution and blocking and tackling. When I see an immediate off.line penalty on almost every drive, and guys not blocking, I just know we are a POORLY COACHED TEAM.

Sorry, but that is just how it is...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Football is about mental preparedness, heart, and toughness.

You beat your opponent with those, you win the game.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:

Re Culpepper, I notice he just holds the ball too long. The main problem with our team is the chaotic, ridiculous coaching situation, and the lack of a QB who can release fast. Compare Culpepper to Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe makes FAST READS and gets rid of the ball very fast and on target. C-pepper sits and sits and sits and sits, then sails the ball high, or low.

Football is about execution and blocking and tackling. When I see an immediate off.line penalty on almost every drive, and guys not blocking, I just know we are a POORLY COACHED TEAM.

Sorry, but that is just how it is...
    You have some good points, but I don't think they are linked together in the right order.

I saw Bledsoe, in Buffalo, when he wasn't playing so hot. He couldn't do crap when the opposing team was in his face. Boys are protecting him well.
    I think it is part of the coaching you are talking about and the talent on the o-line.
    Coaches need to put players in a position to succeed.
    DC is not in that position right now.
    Why, because of the coaches playcalling and the O-line.
    Why the O-line?? because of the penalties and the lack of blocking.
    Why the play calling?? becasue the oline puts us in bad situations which affects our play calling and get us out of our game plan to run the ball.

Yesterday, the Cowboys were playing for it all, with reckless abandon. They took some risks to get to the lead they got. It took the Eagles out of their game plan EARLY. The play calling helped Bledsoe and the offense by taking some shots DEEP to Glenn. The Eagles would have stopped the run first and then concentrated on the pass, but they had to play back for the deep ball first and then worry about Jones and the running game second.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast