Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What now?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

What now?

Where do we go from here guys. We have just lost back to back games against the 2 worst teams in the NFL. This doesn't happen to a good football team. Maybe it is time for all of us to realize that this team is average at best. The only 2 guys on D that are showing up on Sundays, are Kevin Williams and Brian Williams(going by the starters, or I would include EJ). Biekert and Crockett should be cut at the end of this year, to make room for EJ and a quicker OLB. Seemed like every time Nattiel and EJ were on the field, something good happened. Mixon isn't making any plays at DE, he plays more like a DT, but we need a guy at DE who can pressure the QB and get a bunch of sacks. We will need 4 or 5 new guys for our D to be good next year. I am not talking about 4 or 5 average guys like Mixon, Denard Walker and Irvin, we need playmakers.

Our offense just isn't productive enough. With the O-line that we have, we should be way more dominating. Our receivers can not get open, mostly because they are all so young. I hope we get rid of Bates next year also, he just isn't a #2 WR, and he is just talking playing time away from our younger guys. We will need to get a veteran(not to old though) WR in free agency next year, to play the #2 spot and let Cambell and Burleson learn how to get open. We also lack a downfield TE threat, and that would open up the field so much for our WR's.

Basically you can tell that I am done trying to look at what this years team can do, and am looking at what we will need to do next year, to have a good team. It is time for all of us to realize that this team is not good enough to do anything in the playoffs, if we get there. This isn't being a bandwagon fan, since I am still gonna watch every game and cheer for the Vikes, yet I also realize the talent level just isn't there. I am also wondering about the coaches. We have had 5 weeks now to make adjustments, yet we seem to be playing the same way every week. I really hate going through this same crap every year. At least during the last 2 seasons, I knew we were gonna get a really high pick in the next draft. By winning our first 6 games, we won't be able to get a very high pick this year, so that sucks too.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

What now?

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

What now?

God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

What now?

3 Straight Division Champs

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

What now?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

What now?

vikingsfan1 is offline Waterboy

What now?

What now?

Sprewell27 is offline Rookie

What now?

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

What now?

"Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters