Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What makes K-Rob seem so good?

when i saw brad play, he made it seem like he had a couple years left to play...specailly after seeing how smart he is with his body...hes gettin rid of the ball and lettin players make plays, now if we can put a running game behind him.....wow....maybe draft a qb at #17 adn let him develop....id be pumped......i think JOHNSON is fine
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

njpurple is offline Training Camp

K-Rob will ba a star if he continues to lay off the Booze.
    He had flashes of speed & grat hands last year.
    Id say sighn him & he will be our #1 reciever next year.
    Burleson sucked with out Moss taking all the traffic

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Seem so good?.............He is good, thats the bottom line.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Del Rio Guest

"KY Vike" wrote:
    Is there something I am not seeing here? Why does everyone think that re-signing K-Rob to a top 10 receiver contract is what the Vikings need to do? Do you all really think he is a top 10 receiver? I do admit that he is a playmaker at times but does not consistently dominate at the position. I understand that he had a 1000+ yard season a couple of years ago but unless he breaks out at the WR position again, he won't get that. I just don't see him getting 80-100+ yards a game.

Yes, i do realize that there are other topics on Krob on offseason forums but I thought this deserved another topic.
    I think a lot of it has to do with the story that came with him.

He was a good WR at some point, he fell on hard times, we gave him a shot. He seemed to embrace his role and in sports today that alone is something to admire.

As far as his skills and his paychecks and how GOOD he really is, he has to play more WR for me to be convinced. I don't think it would be wise to pay top ten WR cash for a kick returner.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i dont want to resign him. too much money and we have 4 others who can get the job done. and i want troy to play alot more than he did last year, so thats means a WR has to go, so it might as well be him

What makes Troy Williamson so good? The fact that he drops easy catches and runs wrong routes? I know alot of people have alot of faith in Troy but picking him at the number seven spot last year will go down as one of the dumbest first round pics we have done. I hope i am wrong but i honestly dont see much talent in troy. We only picked him to fill the randy void. So all of you Troy fans dont go chewing my head off because i posted my opinion about him, and until he shows me something on the filed besides screw ups then my opinion will stay this way.

Del Rio Guest

The fact that Troy Williams started two less games then K. Robinson and yet managed to outgain him and score one more TD then him is enough justification for me to keep him instead of Krob.

If you think Troy is a bust, and yet he out produces a Vetran named K-Rob then what does that say about Robinson?

We will see what happens this year after they each play a full year. Krob will dominate troy. Like i said i hope i am wrong about Troy but i think the moss trade forced us into taking a reciever that we didnt need.

Del Rio Guest

I don't like to compare players on "what if's" as of right now to me Troy Williamson is 1TD and 30 yards more valuable as a WR then K-Rob.

There is nothing to suggest that K-Rob will do any better this year. We will see. That is if we resign him at all.

The fact that Troy Williams started two less games then K. Robinson and yet managed to outgain him and score one more TD then him is enough justification for me to keep him instead of Krob.
    Lets remember that Troy also got drafted by us and went to all of the camps and had the whole season but he couldnt handle playing a whole season so he was inactive for some games. Nows lets see Koren comes to us and practices not near as much as Troy and has a more productive year then Troy when you include his kick returns with his reciever play. Troy ran back some kicks and didnt do crap. I dont get how you can say Troy had a better year then koren?

Del Rio Guest

"PackSux!" wrote:
    Lets remember that Troy also got drafted by us and went to all of the camps and had the whole season but he couldnt handle playing a whole season so he was inactive for some games. Nows lets see Koren comes to us and practices not near as much as Troy and has a more productive year then Troy when you include his kick returns with his reciever play. Troy ran back some kicks and didnt do crap. I dont get how you can say Troy had a better year then koren?
    It's pretty simple I said he had a better year at WR the Koren. I can't see what is hard about looking at the stats and seeing one guy outperform another even though he played less snaps, thats even including an 80 yard bomb that makes up for 1/4 of K-robs yards.

You are assuming an awful lot. I am merely looking at what he did. You can say he was there all camp yada yada yada, but if I wanted to nitpick I would simply point out that this is his first year in the NFL. The game is faster, the players bigger, the best of the best. So adjusting to the GAME it self takes time, and yet you have K-Rob who is a Vetran of the league, he knows what it takes, he knows the speed it takes............

With all that he is still outgained by a rookie.

I'm not saying your right or wrong. People claim players are a bust all the time. What I am saying is I find it funny that you so quickly turn your head away from Troy talking shit on his game, and the guy you like, K-rob had more opportunities to make plays then Troy at WR and yet came through less.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast