Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    KY Vike is offline Starter

What makes K-Rob seem so good?

Is there something I am not seeing here? Why does everyone think that re-signing K-Rob to a top 10 receiver contract is what the Vikings need to do? Do you all really think he is a top 10 receiver? I do admit that he is a playmaker at times but does not consistently dominate at the position. I understand that he had a 1000+ yard season a couple of years ago but unless he breaks out at the WR position again, he won't get that. I just don't see him getting 80-100+ yards a game.

Yes, i do realize that there are other topics on Krob on offseason forums but I thought this deserved another topic.
    2 Most Favorite Things:
    1) Minnesota Vikings
    2) Kentucky Basketball. Yeah Baby!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: What makes K-Rob seem so good?

I think it due to a number of factors. His past with the Seahawks, notably as you said KY Vike, that 1000+ yard season he had, and his ability to make big play all over the field; from Kick Returns, as a Wide Receiver, and taking an end-around Running play. He's also the prototypical Wide Receiver with that tall, strong frame. And the fact that he went to the Pro Bowl as a Kick Returner only helped push his stock into the stratosphere and he'll now get a decent raise for his efforts.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

K-Rob is our Daunte Hall...exactly. K-Rob is one of those explosive players...that can change a game. Hes really flurished as a kick returner...sending our once dead special teams to the Pro Bowl. Remeber seeing Howry return kickoffs and punts? It was like watching a turtle cross a intersection. K-Rob deserves the money hes making, next year exspect him to have an even bigger year in terms of being a WR.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Well aside from Travis Taylor who did very well, he was our best big play WR, the long bombs, the WR screens, the constent 30+ kick returns. He was our big play maker at WR even though our offense was very poor. No running game ect. Thats why he was drafted 9th overall, hes got major talent and looks to have his life on track. If he works hard, the sky is the limit for him.

It will also be nice to see him get the whole year from start to finish. Training camps and all, get a chance to learn the offense from the 1st day unlike last year.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i dont want to resign him. too much money and we have 4 others who can get the job done. and i want troy to play alot more than he did last year, so thats means a WR has to go, so it might as well be him
    We're bringing purple back.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    i dont want to resign him. too much money and we have 4 others who can get the job done. and i want troy to play alot more than he did last year, so thats means a WR has to go, so it might as well be him
    Not even close, Marcus Robinson makes 2.5 mill a year and he's probably considered insconsistant and a situational player thats aging. Cut him, and give his money to Koren who is like 26.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

KRob was good with the Seahawks (except for the drops), and he made plays whenever he touched the ball with us. That being said he doesn't deserve top 10 WR money, probably not even top 20.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Let us not forget Chris Carter and where he came from...

ala K Rob......I'm not saying he will be an all time great like CC.....But if he truly sticks with keeping his life on the straight up and up. Who knows where he will go from what he showed us last year.

I can say for myself, every time he got a kick off sent his way, I could feel the blood boil in my veins.

I haven't felt that in a long time with a Vikings Kick Returner....Hey, KR kick return KR Koren Robinson......Hum, may be onto something big..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

This calls from some video! Can someone put together some clips of K-Rob on the field? He did wonders for our offense.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

K-Rob will be even better when we have a QB that can throw the deep ball again(damn glad zigy has his head on straight). DC and K-Rob will be a tandem for a while.
    You republican whore!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast