Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    What I am from Monday through Saturday and what I am on Sunday are totally different.

My roommates will tell you I am a miserable, pessimistic asshole while the Vikings are playing.

I turn every little thing that goes wrong, a false start, bad call, poor play call, dropped pass into a fucking catastrophe. I blame officials and coaches for everything that goes wrong. The opposition almost never genuinely makes a great play against us.

Perfect coverage leads to a pass defended? Bad throw.
    Linebacker reads and reacts, fills a gap and makes a tackle? Shit play calling.

And there's always something worse on the way.

On any day but Sunday I'd say I'm a cautious pessimist. But if I were forced into one of these categories I'd call myself a negative nancy.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Of course im an ideal fan with a trace of blind homer mixed in. 5 and 11 this year but only a couple years and a qb away from a super bowl! Haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Been a fan since 1970. I have run the full gambit. How could you not be one or all of them during this span? Ive been a fan longer than most of you have been alive. Its been a rough purple life. The highs, the lows. Damn, Im tired. I must go nap now.
    SKOL!!!

Thorshammer10 is offline Waterboy

Guilty

I am definitly a blind homer! I see us just a healthy Peterson and a Smith interception away from making the playoffs. I see Kalil as the answer just because Peterson is a left side runner. Yes , that makes me naive but it also makes me a diehard and truly loyal till I die fan. And Damn Proud Of It !

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    What I am from Monday through Saturday and what I am on Sunday are totally different.
    But what if we are playing on Monday or Thursday?
    We're bringing purple back.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by gregair13 View Post
    But what if we are playing on Monday or Thursday?
    I simply refuse to watch.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm a little bit of all these... but I think the "I Told You So" profile fits me the best.
    LOL, anyone who says that they are something other than this is either new to the site or someone who has been posting on here and I've been missing his/her posts.

I do try to keep my "I told You So" down and only use them for a select few, but its a hard enjoyment to control.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I do try to keep my "I told You So" down and only use them for a select few, but its a hard enjoyment to control.
    This happens?! Weird. I have never seen it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You mean like...

"Our OL is fine"

Oh wait! You mean like....

"Our CB's are fine, it's the DL....."

Oh wait!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I would not consider myself an "I told you so" type of fan. While I do recall past posts, especially if I see trends that others have overlooked, but I am not in your face about them. As I stated above, I sometimes post things I see wrong in a win and things I see right in a loss. If I have backed up my premise, I do not see anything wrong with referencing previous posts.

In my opinion, "I told you so" type of people make comments and then come back later, if they are correct, and shove it back in other peoples' faces. They attempt to belittle others on the point.

I can give a couple examples. Brad Childress got a win against Washington in his first game. In fact, he won several games quickly. I posted some things I saw that indicated to me that Childress is not doing a great job, and the team would suffer down the line, even though the Vikings had been winning. In that first game, Childress played for the field goal and tried to milk the clock. They almost lost because of it and likely would have against a better team or even if Washington had a better kicker. I went back to those posts from time to time when the Vikings were losing because the problems had not been resolved. One may say I was a negative Nancy or an "I told you so" type of fan, but I do not believe so. I saw bad things and said so, and I talked about them later, but I did not do it to humble anyone else.

When McKinnie was being praised by the NFL, I noted he had poor footwork and gave up on blocks far too soon. Fans stated I was bashing McKinnie, but I was just calling it how I saw it. I also noted that McKinnie was giving tells to the defense by the way he lined up at scrimmage. I posted, on a different board, a play by play of a series to show what I was talking about. When the Cardinals players let slip that the Vikings gave tells, it was one of those "I told you so" moments, but I did not try to humble anyone over it. It also did not help that the Vikings tended to run certain plays only from certain sets or personnel packages or that Peterson tended to look to the area of attack before the snap. The former we had seen and posted about previously, the latter we had not.

In other words, I believe an "I told you so" type of fan makes predictions just to say "I told you so" later. They have a sense of grandeur. On a board like this, many members will reference old posts to indicate that they had seen this or that early, but that does not mean they are going out of their way to prove others wrong. They are not posting a counterpremise just to use later to say, "I told you so, idiot!" They are just saying that their premises were proven correct. There is a subtle difference, but it is an important difference.
    Last edited by Minniman; 09-06-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234