Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,508
    Pretty much the Blind Homer, though that hasn't been all that unreasonable being a Vikings fan. The team is usually competitive year in, year out, and there aren't many Sundays where I can't envision a realistic scenario where the Vikings can and will win. Even last year, losing 13 games, I take heart that nine of those losses were by 7 points or less. That tells me that without a whole ton of improvement (score 3 more a game, hold the opponent to 3 fewer points), the Vikings could/should win a lot more games this year than last. I do think this team is/will be better this year than last. Depth is paper thin and they won't be able to handle many injuries, but the starting 22 (25 with the ST guys) should be able to hang with 80% of the league.

    Pass the purple kool-aid, brothers....
    SKOL VIKINGS!

  2. #22
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Pretty much the Blind Homer, though that hasn't been all that unreasonable being a Vikings fan. The team is usually competitive year in, year out, and there aren't many Sundays where I can't envision a realistic scenario where the Vikings can and will win. Even last year, losing 13 games, I take heart that nine of those losses were by 7 points or less. That tells me that without a whole ton of improvement (score 3 more a game, hold the opponent to 3 fewer points), the Vikings could/should win a lot more games this year than last. I do think this team is/will be better this year than last. Depth is paper thin and they won't be able to handle many injuries, but the starting 22 (25 with the ST guys) should be able to hang with 80% of the league.

    Pass the purple kool-aid, brothers....
    Totally agree with you, Pat - especially the "depth is paper thin" part.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #23
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456
    Ideal.


    And they are lucky to have me.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  4. #24
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471
    Not sure where I would fit in. I have worn my Vikings hard hat to any jobsite I have been on since I found one available many years ago. (work in and around Chicago). Good season or bad. Watch the Viking games at my neighborhood pub amongst the Bear fans, and they will inevitably hear the Viking horn blowing when the Vikes have a big play. I think I fell out of practice last year. All my family and friends know that they will not go wrong on Christmas or birthdays getting anything Vikings. I try not to be negative on here, but sometimes I just cannot help myself. It is a little different bitching about the team on here than among fans of other teams. Kind of like fighting with your brother at home, but you don't let someone outside get on him. I guess a little of a few of them.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  5. #25
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I am none of these. I am a Realist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'm whatever kind that has realistic expectations for an extremely young and thin team.

    =Z=
    Everyone thinks they are a realist. Nobody really is...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Everyone thinks they are a realist. Nobody really is...

    Only a Homer fan would say there's no such thing as a Realistic fan.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773
    Somewhere between delusional and unemployeed GM/coach (no longer imaginary player, retired with Warren Moon), I think I know what the FO, players and coaches should do or are doing without and inside information and am more than happy to point out when they are stupid (by my meaningless standards) as I yell at the TV (wife says they can't hear me so I sometimes yell louder) and am also happy to give out a "now that's what I'm talking about" when they do as I say (also know as a coincidence in some circles). I however have never swear them off or washed my hands of them but have come to terms and can admit when a year will be less than stellar and will take more than a season to progress.

  8. #28
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Like Singer, Zeus, Marstc09, and others have stated already, I don't fit into any particular mold.

    Right now, many may PERCEIVE me to be a Negative Nancy...of course, I mitigate that pointing out that my "negativity" is simply honest criticism of elements which are broken and should be fixed. The fact that there are so flippin' MANY areas that need fixing isn't my fault.

    Even during the strong years, I am never a blind homer. I praise the positive elements, and revel in the victories, but I still look for areas to improve - and still keep a solid eye on our opponents.

    In truth, I consider myself to be an "Ideal" fan. I support the TEAM as a whole, but I take issue with elements within it that are malfunctioning. I always HOPE for a better outcome, but I don't get "pie in the sky" about it.

    And, most importantly, I bash the Packers at EVERY opportunity...even if I have to make them up.

    Caine

  9. #29
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Like Singer, Zeus, Marstc09, and others have stated already, I don't fit into any particular mold.

    Right now, many may PERCEIVE me to be a Negative Nancy...of course, I mitigate that pointing out that my "negativity" is simply honest criticism of elements which are broken and should be fixed. The fact that there are so flippin' MANY areas that need fixing isn't my fault.

    Even during the strong years, I am never a blind homer. I praise the positive elements, and revel in the victories, but I still look for areas to improve - and still keep a solid eye on our opponents.

    In truth, I consider myself to be an "Ideal" fan. I support the TEAM as a whole, but I take issue with elements within it that are malfunctioning. I always HOPE for a better outcome, but I don't get "pie in the sky" about it.

    And, most importantly, I bash the Packers at EVERY opportunity...even if I have to make them up.

    Caine
    Therein lies the thread that ties us all together.
    I can't disagree with your ideal rating after that last line.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  10. #30
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Only a Homer fan would say there's no such thing as a Realistic fan.
    lol. well played.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •