Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    chubchub is offline Rookie

What kind of star QB would you want?

Aikman got a zero and Montana got a six rating- Is everyone on this site high? Two of the most successful Q.B.'s in history and you're giving them no respect. Montana is the best of all time(Culpepper couldn't even hold his jock strap). I'm embarrassed to be a Vikings fan if you think Vick/Culpepper is the best.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

This isn't asking who do you think is the best chubchub, it's asking what kind of QB would you want, and since this is a VIkings website, it's pretty obvious that most people are going to want a QB like Daunte, because that is what we have. I don't think it is a disrespect thing!! I think answers would be totally different if the question was who do you think is the best QB of all time!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Highly mobile, accurate passer with a gun for an arm. We already have that. He just needs less mistakes
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I voted for the mobile, athletic type, why? I became a Viking fan, watching Fran Tarkington. Was he mobile? Hmmm, long, long before Vick. I of course love Pep to. Couldn't hold Montana's jock strap? Take Montana outta a west coast, then lets talk. Montana was the immaculate west coast man. But not the be all end all. Aikman??? I hated him since he was drafted, and since all the SB's...( I hear a waitress at work gloating..) and I hate him as an announcer. Why would I want him?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:
    You have they guy now, and for several years, along with the best WR in the league... and you;ve gone where? lol
    You've had a Gunslinger, and since 1996, we gotten farther than you have in the playoffs, twice actually. I beginning to wonder is he can ever take you past the divisional games.
    Is this not including 1997 when the Packers also made the Superbowl?
    Sorry, I guess since 1997. 7 years not making it past the second round is really much better than 8. I guess Farve still has what it takes to win it all, especially with an inferior team this year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Hmmmm... I need to settle down here... this chubchub guy is really starting to prick my nerves! I have never and probably will never be able to say that Daunte is the best QB of all time (if he becomes that more power to him) but I do think that he is the right QB for the Vikings. The mobile QB has become very popular in recent years and I personally like a QB that will scramble when he doesn't see the play open. Granted he may get a lot of sacks... and there is the problem of fumbling, but when he matures more as a player those mistakes will happen less and less. I really hate this topic though. It just opens the door for a debate that will never end. So let me just lay down a simple fact. Whether you like him or not... he IS our QB and will be for quite sometime

I'd take Marino...he could only carry that team on his shoulders so far though. I'd like to see what Marino could've done with a wide receiver like Moss or Rice...

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"chubchub" wrote:
    Aikman got a zero and Montana got a six rating- Is everyone on this site high? Two of the most successful Q.B.'s in history and you're giving them no respect. Montana is the best of all time(Culpepper couldn't even hold his jock strap). I'm embarrassed to be a Vikings fan if you think Vick/Culpepper is the best.
    Keep in mind that they were successful QBs on successful TEAMS. Without Emmitt Smith and the Cowboys defense, Aikman would be a very average player in my opinion. Even Montana had strong defenses and Jerry Rice. He may be overall the best in history, but rings do not always tell the whole story.

I picked the Jack-of-all-trades, because I think you want and need a versatile QB. There have been many "athletic" QBs (Kordell Stewart comes to mind) that lack all the tools necessary to succeed. There have been "pocket passers" (think Bledsoe) who are such statues in the pocket that any decent coverage by the secondary puts them at a distinct disadvantage. "Gunslingers" are exciting, but their risk-taking sometimes bites them in the butt.

I think you need someone who can do a little of it all. Someone who can burn you with the run if you don't respect their ability to scramble. Someone who can throw short or deep with touch, but they don't need a cannon to do it. Someone who is a leader and commands respect and instills confidence in his teammates. Someone who throws accurately, sees the field well, has good instincts for the game, can read defenses well, and has a will to win. I look at guys like Gannon and Brad Johnson...not exactly prototypical QBs, but yet each seems to understand what it takes to win and gets it done. They may not be dominant or make many highlight reels, but they do enough things well that their teams win consistently.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Outside of MN, Favre is widely regarded at one of, and usually THE best QB ever. When he retires he will be seen as the best. Before Marino or Elway left, the best ever talk hardly ever happened. Favre has it happen on a daily basis. You all wear purple blinders and cannot see it. Hey- I wear green ones and hate Moss just the same. Taking them off however, it is easy to see that despite his poor porr attitude he is the best reciever in the league, and at the current pace will be the best ever.

Just the facts.

Of course, all these crap posts come from MN where they claim to be so proud of their 10,000 lakes when in fact that have closer to 11,000. Whats even funnier is wisconsin has 14,000....lol just the facts....
    3 Straight Division Champs

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Best ever? Whoa whoa whoa.

Brett Favre is a crazy good QB. I get yelled at by Vikings fans for defending him as the best QB in the league and perhaps of the past ten years.

But best ever? Putting Brett Favre in the same sentence as John Elway or Joe Montana is so facetious that it induces vomit. He hasn't, nor will he ever, accomplish that which they have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast