Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

What if the Vikings sported "Goodell" headbands?

In 1985, Jim McMahon was quarterback of the Chicago Bears. They were having that incredible Super Bowl year of theirs. At one point, McMahon was fined for wearing a headband with a corporate logo from a company that was not the official sponsor of headbands for the NFL. The next week McMahon wore a headband that had the word "Rozelle" stitched on it, for Pete Rozelle, then-NFL Commissioner. McMahon was not fined.

Today, Roger Goodell has suspended Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for taking a supplement that was not banned, and did not list any banned ingredient on the label. The NFL knew that the supplement had a banned ingredient in it, but did not inform any of the players, even when they asked. For this, a few teams are losing a few backup players, while we are losing the heart of our defense.

So I wonder what would happen if the Vikings showed up in Detroit sporting "Goodell" headbands.

Go Vikings!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: What if the Vikings sported "Goodell" headbands?

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    In 1985, Jim McMahon was quarterback of the Chicago Bears. They were having that incredible Super Bowl year of theirs. At one point, McMahon was fined for wearing a headband with a corporate logo from a company that was not the official sponsor of headbands for the NFL. The next week McMahon wore a headband that had the word "Rozelle" stitched in it, for Pete Rozelle, then-NFL Commissioner.

Roger Goodell has suspended Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for taking a supplement that was not banned, and did not list any banned ingredient on the label. The NFL knew that the supplement had a banned ingredient in it, but did not inform any of the players, even when they asked. For this, a few teams are losing a few backup players, while we are losing the heart of our defense.

So I wonder what would happen if the Vikings showed up in Detroit sporting "Goodell" headbands.
    Can't say how accurate it is, however the talking heads on ESPN are saying that there was actually a memo that came out in 2006 that warned against that product.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    In 1985, Jim McMahon was quarterback of the Chicago Bears. They were having that incredible Super Bowl year of theirs. At one point, McMahon was fined for wearing a headband with a corporate logo from a company that was not the official sponsor of headbands for the NFL. The next week McMahon wore a headband that had the word "Rozelle" stitched in it, for Pete Rozelle, then-NFL Commissioner.

Roger Goodell has suspended Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for taking a supplement that was not banned, and did not list any banned ingredient on the label. The NFL knew that the supplement had a banned ingredient in it, but did not inform any of the players, even when they asked. For this, a few teams are losing a few backup players, while we are losing the heart of our defense.

Can't say how accurate it is, however the talking heads on ESPN are saying that there was actually a memo that came out in 2006 that warned against that product.
    Only about sponsoring the product, not ingesting it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I was thinking about wearing a fuck goodell under my jersey for the Atlanta game.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Reebok doesn't make those

keystonevike is offline Starter

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    In 1985, Jim McMahon was quarterback of the Chicago Bears. They were having that incredible Super Bowl year of theirs. At one point, McMahon was fined for wearing a headband with a corporate logo from a company that was not the official sponsor of headbands for the NFL. The next week McMahon wore a headband that had the word "Rozelle" stitched on it, for Pete Rozelle, then-NFL Commissioner. McMahon was not fined.

Today, Roger Goodell has suspended Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for taking a supplement that was not banned, and did not list any banned ingredient on the label. The NFL knew that the supplement had a banned ingredient in it, but did not inform any of the players, even when they asked. For this, a few teams are losing a few backup players, while we are losing the heart of our defense.

I don't know if that would be a good move. When McMahon sported the "Rozell" headband, Rozell himself admitted that was a good one and left it at that. It seems that Goodell doesn't even have half that sense of humor.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"keystonevike" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

I don't know if that would be a good move. When McMahon sported the "Rozell" headband, Rozell himself admitted that was a good one and left it at that. It seems that Goodell doesn't even have half that sense of humor.
    I would still condone the use of a 'Goodell' headband on each and every Viking player that wears head gear under their helmets.
    lol

No better way to stick it to the man!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

Only about sponsoring the product, not ingesting it.
    COOOOORRRRRECT!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

goodell sucks.

wear that as a headband

keystonevike is offline Starter

"Formo" wrote:
    "keystonevike" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

I would still condone the use of a 'Goodell' headband on each and every Viking player that wears head gear under their helmets.
    lol

No better way to stick it to the man!
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast