Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Re: What I think Is wrong.

Perhaps we should bring back David Dixon to help out the line, I read somewhere he wanted to come back but Tice told him he had to be a few pounds lighter.

JimmyB is offline Waterboy

get jeff george back

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"JimmyB" wrote:
    get jeff george back
    I don't think Domino's would cut him. From what I hear, he's pushing for employee of the month.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Prophet Guest

I agree with undisputed vike regarding the running game and wouldn't mind seeing some of the shifts he mentioned on D.

The whole Bennett argument gets old too. I agree 100% that if Bennett is the staring RB like Meathead says he is then give him the damn ball. Three carries in a game and people are ready to lynch him? MeMo had over twice as many carries as Bennett and racked up less yards. Only 12 touches by three different RBs in the running game compared to 35 touches for Cincy. Hmmm. They must get a more balanced attack. Why abandon the running game when the Vikings are only behind by a few scored after the first quarter? In the TB game the Vikes were in the game the whole game and still only had 12 rushing attempts.

Is it game time yet? I sure hope they wake up this week, we all need an uplifter. Where is that 'cheer up Vikes fans' thread again?

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Very good post. The only thing i disagree on is Bennett. I feel we should start him sunday at home on the turf. If does not produce and does not reduce the fumbles, then I'm offcial done with the guy. All of us have been waiting for this 2002 micheal bennett to return, and I've yet to see anything that makes me say, RESIGN THIS GUY AFTER THE END OF THE YEAR! lol but very good post, welcome!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

TheViking is offline Rookie

Bennett has shown flashes of greatness, at least great speed. He deserves more touches than he gets and the running back by committee thing is getting old. Tice has done this for 3 years now and in my opinion is the one to blame. He holds grudges against players for not coming back from injury fast enough or for fumbling or for whatever. I am not a Tice fan every since his Moss Offense two years ago and I know its not his fault that we didn’t hire another O Coordinator when Linehan left but he should have switched personal around so that there was one O-line coach and one O-Coord. Tice has made bad decisions in the past and continues to do so now. Its time to move on.
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

Del Rio Guest

News Flash

Mike Tice: Our head coach is a line coach as well, why is that important? Who the hell knows, all I know is his experience is not up to par with running a football team.

He has done less with more then most............:grin:

If you're going to hold being a line coach against Looney tunes then the same should hold true for Tice. The only problem is he has coached two games poorly, Tice has done it for years.

Reason I say Tice is clean and Clear is cause he isn't controlling the offense, Loney is, If Tice were to take the helm it might be the same result, Though if you look at it, Tice wanted to improve the run, But yet he isn't calling the plays.

Loney Is, IF Tice Calls the plays this week against New Orleans, You might see a rushing game actually.

But I think Tice would actually have a better chance cause, 1 He's played before on this very team, And 2 he was a tight end on and off so he would have more of an understanding atleast.

Del Rio Guest

Good point,

And I apologize if my post came off rude. I just read it and it sounded more on edge then I intended.

No Problems, I didn't take it that way, But always good debating and discussing with fellow Vike fans who bleed purple like the rest of us :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast