Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

What I think Is wrong.

Some of you may not agree some of you might.

Our problem, Is mainly the coaching staff, Now most of you might say how could that be the coaches aren't making the mistakes out on the field it's not their fault well.

What may surprise is that a coordinater or coach can have a big difference about happens on that football field.

Which ones? Well Steve Loney as our Off Coord. He is not a an offensive person maybe some in college and High school but not in the NFL and plus he is our Line coach also.

He simply is not prepairing Culpepper for these games, His plays are designed in a way that will make Culpepper force the football, Exactly what he got away from in 2003 and 2004 after a hideous 23 Int year in 2002. (He will have double that this season at this pace)

Who do we really miss? That would be Scott Linehan our old Off Coord.

Tice is not the problem, Sorry to say.

Our O-Line is banged up the center is being pushed into Culpepper, Bad snaps.

Our Defensive Coord is our problem on Defense, Now why? Because Ted Cottrell has this defense so focused on trying to pick the ball off they are missing plays not tackling and quite frankly his scheme is terrible...And players are out of position, Our linebackers are mixed up.

Move Napoleon Harris to Middle Linebacker (Where he played in Oakland)
    He would be alot more effective in the middle we need speed between the gaps he can provide that. Move Dontarrious Thomas to Left side, I think with Udeze and Thomas on the left, Speed Combo would be deadly.
    And then move Cowart to the right, I think once Easmus gets in the game he will be the speed on the right. and Cowart is good in zone coverage and tackling.

I think with all the speed and talent we have on this defense I think Cover 2/Soft Cover 2 would be an excellent idea for us.

Our running game? Well eveyone says we have no "Premier back", I say that's bullcrap, Michael Bennett is fully capable of taking up those duty's he's just not getting the chance 3 Rushes for 36 yards on his own? Add a 0 to that 3 rushes you got over 100 yards. Not to mention he's get some of the fastest set of wheels in the NFL today. Lets not forget he did rush over a 1000 Yards for us in 2002 when Culpepper struggled.

Nobody is giving him a chance, He's been struggling, Give him time.

Only positive about the team right now really is Paul Edinger he's the only part of the team that hasn't fouled up.

Will they turn it around? Yes eventually, With help though if we get a new offensive coordinater, Culpepper settles down, The O-line plays better and gives Culpepper more time.

No need to panic at this time it's only 2 games, And the defense still needs to time to mesh together they've only played together for these 2 games, Come on give them a break.

Go Vikes!!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What I think Is wrong.

A bit too long to read, lol. But I don't agree that it doesn't fall on Tice. It's not just coordinator stuff, we don't look prepared and ready to play games, which has been a knock on us since Tice came in. It's Loney's fault too, but I think Tice takes a lot of the blame.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

good post man. you made a lot of great points i think. welcome to the site!

Thanks Josdin

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The only thing that is undisputed....is that you are talking out of your butt!

When Nap played inside last year, he sucked...his good years in both the pros and college were as an outside linebacker...even he knows that.

Cowart is a middle linebacker...he has the smarts to go with the necessary range and is also able to take on the run. If anything were to happen to him, Dontarrious should be the one to be in the middle...he played very well last year in place of EJ in the middle.

No one will rush for 1000 yards unless the problems on the offensive line are not fixed...Denver is proof that how well the line plays is how well the running back performs...our line sucks so our backs suck.

Also once the offensive line plays better, Pep will have more confidence to sit back there and make the reads that he isn't making right now...and he will quit forcing throws to try and make plays.

Loney is a horrible playcaller...Tice will probably take over the playcalling...much like Sherman did last year in Green Bay. It has to get better because it can't get worse than Loney's playcalling so far.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome! Good points, some things to think about and consider.

Cajun this isn't a flame, Wasn't mean't to be just an opinion, I resent the fact that you come at me like I'm the bad guy, Chill out.

Quick note I'd like to point out, IF indeed our line sucks and our backs suck' then explain how 3 carries for 36 yards was made on his own vision, And all out running ability, Like I said he doesn't get the time of day to carry the ball. Hence none of really know his capabilities. I think he has major potential to be a 1000 yard back given the opportunity.

Best years in the Pro's? Napo only played Middle his entirty in Oakland and he wasn't even the actual starter he was Sub'd in and out with another player most of the year and had injury problems. He was Outside in College.

YEAR TEAM G TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD
    2002 OAK 15 81 60 21 2 1 0 0 0 0 0
    2003 OAK 16 109 79 30 2 2 3 0 0 0 0
    2004 OAK 14 60 47 13 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    2005 MIN 1 5 3 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

EDIT: Note maybe it might not be that lone doesn't know what he's doing it's that fact he has to do 2 jobs, TWO! Keep the Line together, The offense together and Call the plays (Might be 3) That's alot of work and not to mention that's the stuff that's getting fouled up, Makes sense to me.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Cajun this isn't a flame, Wasn't mean't to be just an opinion, I resent the fact that you come at me like I'm the bad guy, Chill out.

Quick note I'd like to point out, IF indeed our line sucks and our backs suck' then explain how 3 carries for 36 yards was made on his own vision, And all out running ability, Like I said he doesn't get the time of day to carry the ball. Hence none of really know his capabilities. I think he has major potential to be a 1000 yard back given the opportunity.

Best years in the Pro's? Napo only played Middle his entirty in Oakland and he wasn't even the actual starter he was Sub'd in and out with another player most of the year and had injury problems. He was Outside in College.

YEAR TEAM G TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD
    2002 OAK 15 81 60 21 2 1 0 0 0 0 0
    2003 OAK 16 109 79 30 2 2 3 0 0 0 0
    2004 OAK 14 60 47 13 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    2005 MIN 1 5 3 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Good stuff and welcome aboard.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

itzdoja is offline Waterboy

so how many fumbles does bennett have with 30 carries ?

He fumbled 2 times in 1 game, It happens....Stuff happens...So what, Bennett has never been known for fumbling, He unfortuantly did this game.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Nice to have you on board, UndisputedVike. Great to have another Vike fan here, and your post was great.

Don't mind Cajun, he gets like that. We all do on occasion, especially when things ain't goin' so good on the field.

And your correct there, Undisputed, Bennett just doesn't have a history as a fumbler. He did his Ahman Green impression for the year, shouldn't happen again. At least I sure do hope.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast