Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

This is what I like to see!!!

I found this article on the Vikings homepage, in case some of you haven't read it here it is!!

The Minnesota Vikings have signed 2004 4th-round draft choice (119th overall) RB Mewelde Moore, marking the 1st signing of the 8-member 2004 Vikings draft class.

Moore, a product of Tulane, is the Green Wave’s all-time leading rusher and only the 2nd player in NCAA history to eclipse the 4,000-yard rushing and 2,000-yard receiving mark in a career, joining former Viking Darrin Nelson. Moore was drafted in the 4th round of the 2000 Major League Baseball draft and spent 3 summers with the organization. He is poised to graduate this spring with a double major in finance and accounting.

“In the short time that Mewelde has been here he has shown a great feel for the passing game,” said Vikings Head Coach Mike Tice. “I expect him to at least be our starting kick returner in the opener against Dallas.”

MOORE’S COLLEGE TOTALS

RUSHING

Year Att. Yards TDs
    2000 174 890 2
    2001 262 1,421 8
    2002 288 1,138 6
    2003 185 915 5
    Total 909 4,364 21

RECEIVING

Year Rec. Yards TDs
    2000 33 350 1
    2001 65 756 8
    2002 52 545 3
    2003 39 408 4
    Total 189 2,059 15

I really like those totals he put up!! I do realize that he went to a smaller D1 college, but still hopefully this guy will really do some good things for us, and remember you can't teach speed, that is just something a good runner can have!! I am excited about this guy, David Palmer comes to mind!!! :cheers:

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Yeah, I like those totals but the best he will be is the #3 man out there and thats if he gets lucky.
    VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

M&M could be the SOD for '04. Do you know how long it's been since we've had a good kick returner? Special Teams is a part of our game that we haven't talked about much that could be a strong point thanks to some of our rookies. BONUS!

:cheers: :thumbright: :thumbleft: :cheers:
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

I don't expect him to be a running back, ever, but the thought of him being our main return guy is very promising!! Also, I'm sure he could get a few plays in the offense, here and there to spell one of our starters. Moe, won't be around forever, I'd give him a couple more years and I really don't think we are going to keep Bennett and Smith forever. Smith is going to want to have a starting role somewhere and as long as we have Bennett, I think he will be our main starter!! I guess we'll see, I hope we have a kick @ss return game this year though!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

but I want Moe to be around for forever!!!! he is my favorite player!!

I'm sorry to say triedandtrue, but I don't think Moe will be around for much longer. I'll give him this year and maybe the next year or two and he'll be gone! I love the guy, he is a great team player and does what he can to help the team win, but lets face it, he's getting up there in age and we have a couple of other really capable backs!! I hope he retires with us though and doesn't drag out his career!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

yeah I agree VKG, I know he won't be around for forever, and unfortunately know that its not going to be too much longer, I hope we get another year out of him after this year though. He lives in the same town as my boyfriend, I always joke that I'm gonna find his house and stalk him... hehehe... don't worry though, I wouldn't really do it

Sure you wouldn't stalk him!!! Just kidding!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Your car won't be around forever, either, tried. :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Don't be wrong, I'm not knocking Moore but....

Don't know where you got the idea he has speed. He might, but it isn't like he is Michael Bennett. Just because he rushed for 4000 yards and received for 2000 in college does not mean he is "speedy" like Darrin Nelson.

Likewise, I don't think he has much of a history, if at all, of being a kickoff returner. So why get excited because Tice is earmarking him for that role? He's theoretically another warm bodied rookie (like Howry last season) who will have to earn his keep early on via special teams.

What I will agree with is that this guy will be groomed to take over for Moe Williams as a 3rd down back who can catch the ball out of the backfield. Moe isn't considered to be especially fast or shifty, and I don't believe Moore is either. Doesn't mean he won't be a "good" player for the Vikings, but calling him the SOD is pretty far fetched. Onterrio could have been the SOD last year as he showed ability that could make him a feature back in the NFL, and that isn't bad for a 4th rounder. As someone above said, Moore likely will never get that opportunity.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast