Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What hurt the most?

Again, I'm not sure if this is where this belongs but what moment or game in Vikes or NFL history hurt you the most?

For me it was week 17 last year. Being from Tucson, Tempe is about an hour drive and I along with my dad (A diehard fan since '65) and my step mom went to the game. I had on my OLD SCHOOL Warren Moon jersey on, My dad in his OLD SCHOOL Alan Page long sleeve jersey and my step mom in my gold moss jersey. I had my face painted and my dad had his Helga Hair on. For most of the game I was pretty comfortable with our performance. I only got nervous when the Jerk behind my row held up a sign that read "Vikings 2003-2004 NFC North champs" and I knew he had just jinxed us. We all know what happened and lets just say as I left the stadium my face makeup was smeared because of a few tears that had fallen. :cry:
    Through Wind, Snow, Sleet, or Rain, all will feel the purple pain!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

What hurt the most?

The 1998-99 NFC championship loss to Atlanta definately. I mean, to not go to the Super Bowl with THAT team! It really stung and I still haven't really gotten over it.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Del Rio Guest

What hurt the most?

Getting rocked by the 49ers in the late 80's we could have gone on to play the bengals and won.

But the worst of all the years I have been a fan is 98' damn you dirty birds. It was one of our biggest mistakes we overlooked them. By the time we realized they were for real it was too late. That one game is what the Vikings mentality has been like latey wrapped up into a nut shell.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

What hurt the most?

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Getting rocked by the 49ers in the late 80's we could have gone on to play the bengals and won.

But the worst of all the years I have been a fan is 98' damn you dirty birds. It was one of our biggest mistakes we overlooked them. By the time we realized they were for real it was too late. That one game is what the Vikings mentality has been like latey wrapped up into a nut shell.
    But it was pretty cool when we rocked the Niners a couple years before that in the divisionals...sacking Joe Montana four times...now that was awesome! Of course we blew it to the Skins who we should have beaten.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

What hurt the most?

I was at that 98 NFCC game (first Vikings home game for me ever), and as great as that team was, I don't think that one hurt as bad as getting beaten 41-0 by a mediocre Giants team in the 2000 NFCC game in what were ideal weather conditions for the Vikings.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

What hurt the most?

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    The 1998-99 NFC championship loss to Atlanta definately. I mean, to not go to the Super Bowl with THAT team! It really stung and I still haven't really gotten over it.

Yeah. I was 11 when this game was on and this was the first season I ever watched. When your rookie watching season is a 15-1 season you get kinda spoiled. This along with last seasons Az game were the only two times I have ever teared (SP) up while watching. Im only 16 with alot more watching to go though.

What hurt the most?

"purplepat" wrote:
    I was at that 98 NFCC game (first Vikings home game for me ever), and as great as that team was, I don't think that one hurt as bad as getting beaten 41-0 by a mediocre Giants team in the 2000 NFCC game in what were ideal weather conditions for the Vikings.
    The first quarter of the Giants 2000 game hurt because I had high expectations, but by halftime I knew it was already over so I had let it go. But i dont think we have beaten the giants since and we have played them in every season since.

With the Falcons NFCC being so close and Gary being perfect all year and then missing the last second-would of been winner made this one a game that will live in infamy(SP)

What hurt the most?

I would agree that the Arizona game last year hurt the most. I hadn't seen a game since I was a kid (I'm 30 now). My wife bought me tickets for christmas. We drove in from Albuquerque. It was a sea of purple jerseys. Everything was great. Then in the last few minutes it all fell apart. We all know how it ended. Man, that loss sucked. :cry:
    Even babies know the difference.

What hurt the most?

"purplepat" wrote:
    Speaking of the Giants, on Halloween Night my dad and I will travel to the Homeland for Vikings-Giants. It will be my dads second visit to the dome and my first. Is it as glorious as I imagine it is?? :sunny: :cheers:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

What hurt the most?

The three Super Bowl losses that I witnessed growing up as a kid in Louisiana surrounded by Pittsburgh, Oakland, Miami and Dallas fans...I still hate those four teams and those fans that I had to take sh*t from...it is funny how most of those fans now root for other teams...except those Dallas fans who are just permanent a$$holes!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast