Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

What the Hell is Wrong With Peterson?

I know....they should have hit the left side of the line on that TD attempt....but did anybody else notice all that green grass to his right?

Is he blind?

And why was he on the bench so much in this game?

I know he can't pass block, but it seemed like more than that.

I think they shoot him up with painkiller way too much.

This is probably due to his "seek and destroy" style of running.....he just gets banged up too much.

All that painkiller may be going to his brain.

He's all heart and desire and fun to watch, but.....

Something is wrong and somebody better teach this kid how to run smart or his career will soon be over.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What the Hell is Wrong With Peterson?

What are you talking about?

Painkiller?

He was on the bench for an extended period of time during the Packer game as well.

I don't think it's his choice. He wants to be on the field, you can tell he gets annoyed that he's always pulled on third downs... speaking of which, why pull him on a third down and then run play action? If you want them to bite on the play fake, leave him in. Duh.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Well, he can fix the third down thing himself by learning to block on passes.

That should help the frustration.

And I'm starting to think the Vikings trainers are too liberal with the pain killer shots. Harvin was practically carried off the field and then miraculously recovered in a few minutes.

Then he could hardly walk after the game.

Tell me they didn't shoot him up. That's how small injuries get to be big injuries.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

He's on pace to have the most carries and the most receptions of his career. I think the Vikings are trying to keep him healthy.

delviking is offline Starter

theres nothing wrong with peterson.

every two or three drives were gonna see Gerhart and he played really well last night yeah no yards on his 2 carries but 60 something on his 5 receptions and hes proved he can block better than peterson.

he is slowly but surly coming into his own in the Nfl as he gets more attuned to the speed of the game.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

I actually disagree with you about running behind the strength of your line. When the Vikings have tried doing that they generally get dropped for a loss due to backside pursuit. If they try to run behind Hutch and McK, a lot of times a guy from the right would hit Peterson in the backfield. If they run to the right, generally Peterson will be able to atleast hit the line going full speed as the left side will hold the blocks and the right side at the very least won't give much ground.

As for his carries... considering he was owning the Pats in the 1st quarter, I was very disappointed to see him sit almost an entire series to start the 2nd quarter... I didn't understand that decision at all. It can't be about his blocking as he finally did come in on the 3rd down play... it just didn't make sense. Keep riding the horse, he had something like 60 yards rushing in the 1st quarter, give the man the rock! He can rest against AZ!
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    I know....they should have hit the left side of the line on that TD attempt....but did anybody else notice all that green grass to his right?

Is he blind?

And why was he on the bench so much in this game?

I know he can't pass block, but it seemed like more than that.

I think they shoot him up with painkiller way too much.

This is probably due to his "seek and destroy" style of running.....he just gets banged up too much.

All that painkiller may be going to his brain.

He's all heart and desire and fun to watch, but.....

Something is wrong and somebody better teach this kid how to run smart or his career will soon be over.
    Nothing wrong with Peterson at all. In fact he's playing the best football he has in his entire career in my opinion. He's been as consistent as he's ever been. The goal line was a terribly designed play where they didn't have a WR in the package at all from what I saw. You put 8 guys on the LOS, Favre, Tahi and AP and as a defender who do you think is getting the ball?

Nothing wrong with AP at all. Childress OTOH a different story.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

What the hell is wrong with the tittle of this thread?
    Here I am having a shitty day after yet another loss and recently finding out that the team has released Randy Moss and then I see someone complaining about one of the very few bright spots on the team.

Please delete this thread!
    I can't believe we're discussing Adrian Peterson at this moment.