Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: what the hell is the matter with the vikings??

"magicci" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    WR Nate Burleson (poorly handled in my mind)

What are you talking about!!! Nate Burleson sucks a big one!!! I could care less if he is gone!!! How was he poorly handled!?!
    how can u say he sucks??
    Personally, I wouldn't go so far as to say he sucks...but I would say that - aside from one amazing TD catch - he was pretty flat last season. Remember, he is being evaluated against the backdrop of someone who was projected to be our #1 receiver. By THOSE standards, he failed to measure up.

Of course, he's young still. But I'm reminded of the "potential" Kelly Campbell had...speed, decent hands... wanna-be "gangsta"....buh-bye. And that's really where I sit with Burleson. He showed "potential" in '04, but unless he really starts stepping up, he'll become another disposable #3-5 receiver, and those aren't guys you build a team around. Those are guys you slot in until something better comes along.

Caine

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    im tired of people saying something it wrong with the vikings, maybe you need to apply for the general manager position next time there is an oppening.

i love whats going on and i love how the management and coaching staff manipulates the media and twists everything they are doing and so on; it's ingenious. tice woulda told everyone what he was doing to make them happy.
    so maybe they are doing what i stated in another post and are manipulating us about the whole daunte culpepper thing and doing something similar to the "Paul McCartney's dead thing", and Daunte, Childress, and Zygi are all just sitting at winter park laughing their butts off right now.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Atleast we got Koren Robinson back
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    im tired of people saying something it wrong with the vikings, maybe you need to apply for the general manager position next time there is an oppening.

i love whats going on and i love how the management and coaching staff manipulates the media and twists everything they are doing and so on; it's ingenious. tice woulda told everyone what he was doing to make them happy.
    i would love to be the general manager, i'm afraid i don't have what it takes to be a GM though....I have common sense...so they wouldn't hire me! LOL I mean come on....how much brains does it take when you have the most cap room in the league, and your linebacking core is in need of serious help, to go out and get peterson for instance...but no, we sign ben leber to $4 million a year....geeez!! not smart at all. I mean if you're going to overpay for an average player, why not just overpay for a player that's actually a difference maker like peterson. i was really excited when this free agency began, but now i'm just disappointed in our front office. they're signing a bunch of average at best guys. way to use that cap room guys! LOL
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Miss 'em already
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

revprodeji is offline Starter

I still hope we get Nate back. I think he is perfect for the 2nd receiver, with koren as our number 1, and troy as a burner. Nate has amazing hands, and great after the catch skills. he is a model character and wants to improve. From what i see he will still be back here. Has someone matched the restriction yet?
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456