Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the he**

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

What the he**

Here's a quote from Jon Gruden about Hovan and his excitement about Sunday's game with the Vikings:

"We might have to calm him down; I know he is excited to play," Gruden said. "You guys know he is going to be excited to play Jones Junior High."
    Is he saying the Vikings are the equal of Jones Junior High?"
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: What the he**

what up with that? Is their a connection between hovan and someone else that went to Jones or is he slamming the team thats about to clean his clock.

pigskinronin is offline Starter

I wouldn't expect Gruden to be disrespectful like that --- why add fuel to the Vikings? Maybe alluding to how it's like a high school game and kids get extremely excited to play?

Curious to what others think that comment is about.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Fuel the fire gruden, Hovan will be frustrated as He!! getting almost to Pep,
    but never getting him. Hovans stats should be:
    Sacks: 0
    Tackles: 1 (Bennet short gain)
    Tackles for loss: 0
    Turnovers: 0
    Sucking wind: All Day

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    I wouldn't expect Gruden to be disrespectful like that --- why add fuel to the Vikings? Maybe alluding to how it's like a high school game and kids get extremely excited to play?
    I would agree. Gruden, like him or not, is not going to say this. Gotta read it in the proper context, thats all.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Here's a quote from Jon Gruden about Hovan and his excitement about Sunday's game with the Vikings:

"We might have to calm him down; I know he is excited to play," Gruden said. "You guys know he is going to be excited to play Jones Junior High."
    The only reason to even mention Junior High is to highlight the fact that Hovan is gonna get SCHOOLED on Sunday by the Vikes OL!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

The only reason to even mention Junior High is to highlight the fact that Hovan is gonna get SCHOOLED on Sunday by the Vikes OL!!! :lol:
    Or maybe because Hovan is not so bright or a very good player anymore, that they are sending to Jones Junior High to get re-educated in both!

Kinda the very minor leagues for washed-up NFL "has-beens"! :lol:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

So when hasn't Hovan been excited to play? I've always liked Chris & still do. I wish his performance had been better the last two seasons so he'd still be here. He was always double-teamed & that may be apart of it. Gruden's just seeing for the 1st time how excited he gets before a game - as he did before every game when he was a Viking. He still has a thing for getting to Favre & that's always OK in my book! We'll see the same out of Darren Sharper right before we play the Pack. Perhaps Gruden is just refering to Hovan playing again at Hubert Humphrey Metdrodome. He's to intelligent of a man to down grade a team & come in here over confident.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I like the other explanations myself...they are a lot funnier! :lol:

Del Rio Guest

I'm guessing that Gruden is saying Hovan is excited to play, but the guy is such a competetor that he would be excited to play Jones Junior High or what the hell ever.

I am going to make a bold prediction

Hovan will sack Pepper. The bet is on the table now all we need is something to wager............

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast