Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vike4eva is offline Waterboy

What happens if....

T-Jack is a bust this season and we are all pretty sure that Bollinger will probably not be up to it. What will happen to the players that became disgruntled this year and were concerned about the teams progression.

Will they wait for us to pick up a franchise QB in the draft next year?

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: What happens if....

Don't know man.

I doubt we'll give up on T-jack so fast. If Childress wasn't pretty confident in him, I think we would have taken Quinn.

Remember, Chilly is a QB kind of guy. He knows his stuff at that position.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I suspect we'll know by the end of this season if TJack is likely going to be the Vikings QB of the future.
    A disastrous performance by him, with an equally poor Vikings record to boot, I'd say could likely result in a QB being taken round 1 by the Vikings in 08.
    Right now I'd guess Brian Brohm of Louisville would be the top candidate (and before you laugh at Louisville, remember that is where Johnny Unitas played).

But it's really going to take a horrible season by TJack to take that leap.
    If TJack starts the whole year, throws 15 TDs and 20 INTs, he'll still be the Vikes QB in 08 if he's shown any semblance of learning and improvement.
    8 TDs and 24 INTs...here comes a 1st round QB.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Well, if we struggle this year Brian Brohm will be in the draft next year and we'll probably go after him. Or we could have taken ahem Brady Quinn ahem this year in the draft but nobody wanted to hear that!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vike4eva" wrote:
    T-Jack is a bust this season and we are all pretty sure that Bollinger will probably not be up to it. What will happen to the players that became disgruntled this year and were concerned about the teams progression.

Interesting questions.......

I would say that if we have a bad year this year and don't improve on a 6-10 record from last year it won't be all TJ fault but rather alot of other pieces didn't come together.

As far as what will the other players think/say/do......
    Again, we have such a bunch of new guys (last years draftee's as well as this years) on the team that they will all struggle at times and won't get wrapped around the axel as much as the fans and local hack sports writers will over the play of TJ.

I think they will use thier first round pick and pick the BPA that fills the biggest need.
    For this dream scenario I am gonna say they draft......

A DE along the lines of a Lawrence Jackson, Kenny Iwebema or Calais Campbell.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vike4eva" wrote:

You can play the what if scenario with anything.
    It doesn't get you anywhere.

What if TJack and TWill lead the league in TD connects this season?
    What if we have the #1 pass defense but the #32 run defense?
    What if Zeus admits his love for bono?
    What if Marrdro decides that he wants to pay for all of my beer during the Atlanta game?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    You are the first to go once I get the Admin password, buster.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What if TJack and TWill lead the league in TD connects this season? Could happen.

What if we have the #1 pass defense but the #32 run defense? Not gonna happen, Top 10 in run, top 20 in pass

I thought he did that already but Webby was involved somehow?

What if Marrdro decides that he wants to pay for all of my beer during the Atlanta game?
    I have a pretty funny story about buying beers..... Long story short, I buy........... Trust me that Wildwoman has already put the foot down as to what my spending limit is on beers both in and out of the dome.
    Both limits are sure to get a few in some of your hands as well as a lot in mine.
    ;D

Back to Zues and Bono........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:

Back to Zues and Bono........
    Yep...Zues, Bono, and Prophet...the REAL triangle....love that is.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vike4eva" wrote:

You can play the what if scenario with anything.
    It doesn't get you anywhere.

What if TJack and TWill lead the league in TD connects this season?
    What if we have the #1 pass defense but the #32 run defense?
    I always knew him calling bono a tranny was just flirting and not being mean.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast