Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

What happened? Vikes injury report.

What happened?
    Thursday, October 26th, 2006

A day after listing a modest four players on their injury report, Vikings coach Brad Childress doubled the amount following Thursday’s practice. This could in response to the fact New England coach Bill Belichick is listing 13 players on his injury report for Monday’s game at the Metrodome.

Here is the new Vikings injury report:

WR Marcus Robinson, lower back, remains questionable (50 percent chance of playing)

RG Artis Hicks, neck, is added as questionable

RT Marcus Johnson, ankle, is added as questionable

DE Kenechi Udeze, hip, is added as questionable

NT Pat Williams, foot, is added as questionable

WR Bethel Johnson, hamstring, remains probable (virtual certainty)

WR Travis Taylor, concussion, remains probable

WR Troy Williamson, concussion, is downgraded to from probable to questionable

Robinson, Hicks, Marcus Johnson, Udeze, Williams, Bethel Johnson, Taylor and Williamson all missed a portion of practice.

The Patriots list of 13 includes: LB Don Davis (lower leg, questionable); RB Kevin Faulk (ankle, questionable); TE Daniel Graham (ankle, questionable); CB Ellis Hobbs (wrist, questionable); G Ross Hochstein (knee, questionable); T Nick Kaczur (shoulder, questionable); DL Richard Seymour (elbow, questionable); G Stephen Neal (shoulder, questionable); DL Ty Warren (shoulder, questionable); DB Eugene Wilson (hamstring, questionable); DB Willie Andrews (thigh, probable); QB Tom Brady (right shoulder, probable);CB Antwain Spann (shoulder, probable).
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: What happened? Vikes injury report.

A little tit for tat going on I see.
    The Pats are famous for listing "questionable" players I understand.

WWBGD

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

holy...............jesus

both udeze & pat are hurting? =( that explains why they brought in all of those DL's to practice with us..... but... bethel hurt too? 4 WR's!?!?!?! wtf is that

O_O

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

a lot of times people listed as questionable already know if there gonna play or not but the team does that so the opponent cant really gameplan for them
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

the only person that has been rules out is marcus robinson but i think this is a ploy by childress so its harder to gameplan

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I hope every single one of them play, including Williamson.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Viking notes: Childress mimics Belichick by manipulating injury report[/size]

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: October 26, 2006 – 9:03 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Fri, Oct. 27, 2006

[size=13pt]Break from the usual[/size]

Vikings limit practice, add to injury report

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Vikings coach Brad Childress likes to say that every game counts the same.

But some subtleties at Winter Park suggest the Vikings recognize the importance of Monday's game against the New England Patriots.

First, the Vikings altered and limited the access of reporters to practices this week, most notably for Saturday's practice — a Friday during a normal week — when nearly all of practice usually is open. Instead, reporters will be allowed to view only 30 minutes.

Second, the Vikings added four players to the injury report as questionable, perhaps a countermove to Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who is well-known for making a mockery of the injury report.

For instance, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has been listed on the injury report this entire season and for most of his career. But Brady has the third-longest streak (95) of consecutive starts among quarterbacks, behind only Brett Favre (247) and Peyton Manning (143).

The Patriots have 13 players on the injury report, including seven starters. Ten players are listed as questionable, which means there is a 50-50 chance they will play.

The Vikings added defensive end Kenechi Udeze (hip), defensive tackle Pat Williams (foot), guard Artis Hicks (neck) and tackle Marcus Johnson (ankle) to the injury report. Each missed part of practice Thursday.

But indications are each of those starters is in line to resume his normal duties, although Hicks did seem to be enduring some discomfort with his neck.

Childress was upset about the coverage of receiver Marcus Robinson, who has been listed as questionable, although indications are he could miss a couple of games. Childress said Robinson was in Chicago, getting a second opinion.

Players have been instructed by Childress not to talk about injuries, citing the need to have a competitive advantage as the Patriots prepare a game plan.

Receiver Bethel Johnson was taken aback when informed he was listed as having a hamstring injury, and he kept insisting he's "fine."

"I don't know why they got me on the injury report," he said. "I'm practicing every day."

Receiver Troy Williamson was downgraded to questionable, and he missed part of practice after fully participating in a shortened session Wednesday.

Williamson passed concussion tests on Monday and is optimistic he can resume his usual role in the offense.

As for the Patriots, the most concerning injuries are to tight end Daniel Graham (ankle), defensive end Richard Seymour (elbow) and safety Eugene Wilson (hamstring).

Birk honored: Vikings center Matt Birk was selected by teammates as the winner of the Ed Block Courage award for rebounding from his hip and sports hernia injuries in 2005.

"I mean, it's an award I'm probably not worthy of," Birk said, "but I humbly accept it."

Birk downplayed his return, noting that it's not "real adversity."

Sean Jensen can be reached at [email protected]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Viking notes: Childress mimics Belichick by manipulating injury report[/size]

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: October 26, 2006 – 9:03 PM

This is the first thing I thought of when I ran across the injury report.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sounds like Childress is giving Belichick a dose of his own medicine and why not? If the Pats thinks it wil work for them then no reason why it can't be used back on them.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast