Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

What happened to this team??

Let's face it, were not out of it, last year Eli looked like a chump, almost as bad as T-jack right now, but this thread was made as i was looking at my culpepper and moss jerseys... From D-Pepp to T-Jack and Moss to Berrian, this organization really doesn't know how to make moves. T-Jack is a joke, no offense, but scrambling qb's dont win superbowls.

Last 8 years(Super Bowl Champions)
    Eli- Can't run even if Chargers fans were chasing him
    Brady(3 times)- couldn't run last year, and now(ACL,MCL) wont be running too much
    **He versed McNabb and who won that year?
    Peyton Manning- He sure can pass, but i think Fat Pat can outrun him
    Brad Johnson- We all know he can't run
    Trent Dilfer- He can't run at all, he is a good analyst
    Kurt Warner- Just like the rest.

My point is, sure some of these scramblers are good, but i mean Mcnabb is injury prone , Vick is in jail, Vince Young has a gun to his head, T-jack should be a closer in baseball(he could throw quick)not really meant for football, and all the other little runners really are nothing, maybe Tyrell Pryor could win one day, but so far to this day no one really has shown any chance other than McNabb and he still didnt win.

I MISS DENNIS GREEN!!

SharperImage42

ragz is offline GM

Re: What happened to this team??

"SharperImage42" wrote:
    Let's face it, were not out of it, last year Eli looked like a chump, almost as bad as T-jack right now, but this thread was made as i was looking at my culpepper and moss jerseys... From D-Pepp to T-Jack and Moss to Berrian, this organization really doesn't know how to make moves. T-Jack is a joke, no offense, but scrambling qb's dont win superbowls.

Last 8 years(Super Bowl Champions)
    Eli- Can't run even if Chargers fans were chasing him
    Brady(3 times)- couldn't run last year, and now(ACL,MCL) wont be running too much
    **He versed McNabb and who won that year?
    Peyton Manning- He sure can pass, but i think Fat Pat can outrun him
    Brad Johnson- We all know he can't run
    Trent Dilfer- He can't run at all, he is a good analyst
    Kurt Warner- Just like the rest.

My point is, sure some of these scramblers are good, but i mean Mcnabb is injury prone , Vick is in jail, Vince Young has a gun to his head, T-jack should be a closer in baseball(he could throw quick)not really meant for football, and all the other little runners really are nothing, maybe Tyrell Pryor could win one day, but so far to this day no one really has shown any chance other than McNabb and he still didnt win.

I MISS DENNIS GREEN!!
    thats ridiculous.
    manning was horrific, throwing picks for 7 points all over the place and totally killing his team.
    the fact that jackson is constantly getting compared to some of the worse qb play is just not true.
    jackson was our whole offense in the 2nd half against green bay, the only reason we had a chance to win.
    remember, again with a great running first half in that game, we had 3 points at the half to show for it.
    with jackson again only having 7 pass attempts.
    and the running game disappeared again in the 2nd half, and today he was decent at best but they didnt exactly ask him to do much.
    for what he was asked to do he was decent.
    no pics, a dropped td, and when the game was on the line in the 4th quarter childress didnt even give him a chance to do anything.
    if they are not gonna use him like an nfl qb, whos to blame?
    say he does suck, but childress is commited to him.
    i've seen the ravens with dilfer, steelers with kordell, the broncos with plummer, all using their guys to the best of their abilites and went deep into playoffs.
    jackson is being used like you dont want him to cost you a game.
    well hes not, but if you are gonna do that, the rest of the team has to do what you want them to do.
    hes got to take the handcuffs off and let him play for better or worse.
    cuz our defense is good, but not impentrable, and our run game is good but alot of it is big chunks.
    we can't use a formula like the 2000 ravens if the personel is not as good as we think they are.
    so whats the logical next step, try to do something different.
    replacing the qb and running the same offense has shown us that it produces the same results.

"self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Bad play calling is what has happened to this team. We are way to conservative, and it cost us. Throw it on first down, attack in the "Red Zone", we simply weren't aggressive enough. Did you think we were gonna bottle Manning up the whole game? C'mon Childress attack, spread the defense out and throw it.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Bad play calling is what has happened to this team. We are way to conservative, and it cost us. Throw it on first down, attack in the "Red Zone", we simply weren't aggressive enough. Did you think we were gonna bottle Manning up the whole game? C'mon Childress attack, spread the defense out and throw it.
    The Vikings have the worst coach in the NFL.
    They obviously have a talented team with the exception of coach and quarterback.
    I have been watching Mike and Mike this morning.
    Like they said on the show the Vikings dominated the game, and would have won by 3 or 4 touchdowns if they had a quarterback.
    Jackson is so bad the Vikings are afraid to even attempt a pass.
    Our run game was dominate yesterday even against 9 men in the box.
    But sooner or later they have to get the ball downfield.
    You would think the run game would open things up for some big plays.
    Unfortunately, the quarterback is not talented enough to take advantage.
    Also, Shiancoe still sucks.
    One of the worst free agents ever.

Guruzen is offline Starter

I have been silent for way too long. It's obvious the problem is we have a coach with the balls of a chihuahua. Childress is WAY TOO CONSERVATIVE in his playcalling. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the old school run the clock, don't turnover and play hard defense. However you have to do something with the ball...

I wouldn't blame TJ... he's following orders and it's the coach's responsibility to develop him.

Childress is supposed to be an offensive guru and it's becoming painfully obvious he was NOT behind Philly's success and the development of McNabb.

CHILDRESS: SHOW US YOU DID MORE IN PHILLY THAN MAKING COFFEE FOR ANDY REID.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Predictability & vanilla is the term I would use. Damn near albino.

If you are hell bent & determined to hand the ball off to AD, at least mix it up better & send him outside more often, rather than up the middle into the center of a stacked box.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

TNViking is offline Starter

If Shiancoe catches that easy TD, we win.
    Why do we keep giving Shiancoe chances to lose games for us?
    Bench him.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"TNViking" wrote:
    If Shiancoe catches that easy TD, we win.
    Why do we keep giving Shiancoe chances to lose games for us?
    Bench him.
    +1... could not agree with this statement more.

The fact that they keep calling his number is mind boggling. It really shows you the level of stupidity in this coaching staff.

Garret Mills was your #1 receiver a week earlier... and you don't utilize him at ALL in week #2? Really?

Wow... the stupidity amazes me.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah if if if.

How about this - IF we fire Childress, we could finish 14-2.

I feel like a bears fan.... Everyone backing this QB that is so,so,so,so BAD. Why are team? i am just at a lose of words

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast