Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

This is what happened...

I guess I don't know what to think. I'm pissed that Moss is gone, but I will still be buying viking products, anything I can get my hands on really (or at least the stuff I can afford, which won't be much anymore unfortunately!). I just want things to get back to normal and I want to get onto the draft!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

This is what happened...

I still don't understand why Fowler hasn't said anything good or bad about the trade.....
    Its his team that is being altered.....
    if i were him, I would want to be notified of any changes to the team, especially a revenue reducing one like the Moss trade.
    Moss comes in 98, stadium has been sold out since.....
    before Moss, no sell outs.......
    That affects the bottom line. Why the heck isn't Fowler all over this?

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Vikadelic is offline Starter

This is what happened...

"jackyl" wrote:
    I'm quite familiar how it works, I deal with it everyday. Try getting someone to pay the same for the Colts with Manning, as they would without him..... wouldn't happen. Also, product liscence... teams make more based off of item. Why do you think that Red made such a big deal in his PC w/ Fowler on all the added products they marketed since he took over, and how that helped improve the financial status of the organization?
    All licensed merchandise is the property of the NFL. The Viking's name is owned by the NFL. Any team, even the Colts does not count on any specific "Player" for their revenue. The players are taken out of the equation.

If you were trying to buy an NFL franchise and you wanted to attract investors to help finance the whole deal, do you really think that anyone would pony up serious wads of cash relying on Peyton Manning to remain healthy? It might bear some consideration but before you get any smart investor to sign on you had better be able to show them how this franchise can make a go of it even if the whole team gets hurt in an accident. The bottom line is all that matters to people who get into ventures like this. To so because the franchise is worth "x" amount of dollars. They can never bank on a specific player whose career could be ended with one hit to the knees.

Paying 650+ million dollars for the franchise.
    Having 50+ million in active players salaries.
    Trimming that to 43million in salary liability before you even have the team in your hands.

Not a bad day at the office for Fowler and his investors. Now it will be his job to put a great product on the field.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

This is what happened...

Licensed and owned by the NFL doesn't mean that it's equal revenue. Players make money off of products with their names on them as well. I did 3 deals with Reebok for jerseys alone since Dec.

If you honestly think that a team with NO talent is worth the same price tag as a team with talent then you've never sat through any sort of team deals.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

This is what happened...

That makes sense to me!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

This is what happened...

What I heard is that the Vikings front office wanted to trade Moss, and that Fowler did NOT want or approve of trading Moss. So, the Vikings organization decided to trade Randy Moss before Fowler became the owner.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

This is what happened...

Anyone else think Scott Linehan knew all along the Vikes were trading Moss and wanted no part of it?

I mean he took off and bolted for Miami for the same exact job. He knew more than we believe he knew and knows. He knows trading Moss may be the downfall of this offense and this team.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

This is what happened...

"XTAP59" wrote:
    I still don't understand why Fowler hasn't said anything good or bad about the trade.....
    Its his team that is being altered.....
    if i were him, I would want to be notified of any changes to the team, especially a revenue reducing one like the Moss trade.
    Moss comes in 98, stadium has been sold out since.....
    before Moss, no sell outs.......
    That affects the bottom line. Why the heck isn't Fowler all over this?
    I'm sure we'll hear something from him after March 2, when the deal is sealed. I also want to hear something from Red and from Tice on this.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

This is what happened...

Ultimately, we are the fall guys for this Keystone Cops routine that the Vikings are running...we will be here regardless and take whatever they dish out because we have no control over our team...as far as the door hitting Red in the A$$ on the way out, I think that he wants it to, specifically the doorKNOB because he likes it like that! LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

This is what happened...

DiTrapano, Moss' agent was on KFAN

* When he let Moss know he was going to Oakland, Moss said "well that's good to know"
    * Tice and Brez DID NOT want to trade Moss. He doubts that the new owner wanted him traded. Thanks MCCOMBS!!
    * Moss thinks the Vikes aren't committed to winning SB because they were $26 mil under the cap and didn't use it.
    * He said the Raiders got a great deal, practically a steal.

Also...

Tom Palisario, beat writer on KFAN was interviewed

Paraphrase of the interview follows:

He is talking Mike Williams at #7.

Said Moss wouldn't stretch or work out with team and younger players.

He said most fans 80-90% didn't like the trade.

He stated that he "understands it is a done deal"

Saying must sign a vet receiver in FA.

Said Red pulled the trigger on the trade. Trade wont be approved until March 20th or so when Owners meet. Said deal will be approved.

Chances of trade falling through: Indicated it was a done deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast