Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    PurplePharaoh is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    91

    This is what happened...

    I THINK WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IS THAT RED AND FOWLER GOT TOGETHER AND DECIDED TO TRADE RANDY MOSS TO SAVE FACE FOR FOWLER. THIS IS WHAT I MEAN. IF FOWLER REALLY CANT AFFORD TO BUY THE VIKINGS, THEN HE CAN NOW BACK OUT CLAIMING HE WONT NOW BUY THEM BECAUSE RANDY ISNT PART OF THE TEAM ANY LONGER. THAT WILL SAVE FACE FOR FOWLER.

    Next anyone else that will buy the vikes already is aware that Moss wont be on the team, and thus cant back out at the last minute, well not because of the Randy Moss trade they cant. And if Folwer still buys the Vikings then we would and can only assume Folwer was aware ofcourse and approved of the trade, thus making him a liar when he said he would never trade his best player.

    This is my tribute to Randy Moss and the whole trade as has been reported. :bootyshake: .....I sure hope there is more to the trade then what has been reported, cause only a idiot would have a throw in 7th round pick.
    http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/VikingTrader/

    [img:af473e5384]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/don_banks/03/24/banks.vikes/p1_smoot.jpg[/img:af473e5384]


    "If loving the Vikings is wrong, I dont wannabe right"

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    This is what happened...

    But, now the team is worth less to another buyer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    This is what happened...

    Yeah, some other people have been saying that as well. The only thing I dont understand about that logic, is say Fowler does not get the team. He saves face, but now Red is looking at a lower price for the Vikes because the most exciting WR in football is gone. I dont think Red would do anything that would have him losing money, unless he is that hateful towards Minny.

    Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

  4. #4
    PurplePharaoh is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    91

    This is what happened...

    I mean how in the world can you trade Moss unless you are saying F U Viking fans im going to take away your favorite player as I dont let the door him me on my ass on the way out of Minnesota. I dont think I would buy the team without Moss on it.....But then who knows perhaps Red wont want to lose money and Folwer can tell Red to go to hell and demand Moss not be traded...Its not a official trade yet.
    http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/VikingTrader/

    [img:af473e5384]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/don_banks/03/24/banks.vikes/p1_smoot.jpg[/img:af473e5384]


    "If loving the Vikings is wrong, I dont wannabe right"

  5. #5
    PAvikesfan's Avatar
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    This is what happened...

    conspiracy...huh?

    Red is trying to save more money.period.

    Fowler might be an optimist. he might want to start anew.
    Him saying Moss will not be traded under his watch is not a lie because he will not be the owner when the deal is done. besides, who knows if the NFl will even approve Fowler. Reports of his shady business practices are all over the place.

    Tayler will not buy this team now unless the price is back down to 550 mil because let's face it, how many people own and buy Moss merchandise? even douchebags who don't even like the Vikes. Red will not sell for that and we are stuck with another lousy season of "I'm Red, I don't need approval from the fans"...

  6. #6
    Vikadelic is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    150

    This is what happened...

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    But, now the team is worth less to another buyer.
    I disagree. As a business, the team is worth the same with or without Moss. Red just saved Fowler several million dollars. And, we the fans will still be here. We will still buy the tickets and jerseys etc. We are the ones who are emotionally attached to OUR team. For Fowler, it is business. We will continue to bleed purple whether Moss is here or not.

    The only way that this type of a thing wouldn't make good business sense for a new owner were to be if there was a possibility that they would lose a large chunk of the fan base. Seeing that we know this won't happen due to the fact that Vikings fans are extremely loyal, it doesn't hurt the teams value one bit. It just hurts our psyche.

    I have faith that things will be better with a new owner and quite possibly better without Moss. After the initial shock of this trade is over, look across the league and see what has made other franchises into champions. Like so many of you have pointed out, it is much more than one player that makes the difference.

    Vikings will win the SB in the near future if they fill a few holes. The core is there and they now have an opportunity to show us. Our offense will still give other teams fits. If we can put a top 10 defense together we will win it hands down.

  7. #7
    jackyl's Avatar
    jackyl is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,662

    This is what happened...

    "Vikadelic" wrote:

    I disagree. As a business, the team is worth the same with or without Moss.
    Wrong. It's worth less, do to the drop there will be in merchandising or all the Moss products. And the fact that at this point they've messed with one of the keys to why the dome is selling out. They've made for a less revenue possibility, and that lowers the value to a prospective owner.

  8. #8
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    This is what happened...

    "Vikadelic" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    But, now the team is worth less to another buyer.
    I disagree. As a business, the team is worth the same with or without Moss. Red just saved Fowler several million dollars. And, we the fans will still be here. We will still buy the tickets and jerseys etc. We are the ones who are emotionally attached to OUR team. For Fowler, it is business. We will continue to bleed purple whether Moss is here or not.

    The only way that this type of a thing wouldn't make good business sense for a new owner were to be if there was a possibility that they would lose a large chunk of the fan base. Seeing that we know this won't happen due to the fact that Vikings fans are extremely loyal, it doesn't hurt the teams value one bit. It just hurts our psyche.

    I have faith that things will be better with a new owner and quite possibly better without Moss. After the initial shock of this trade is over, look across the league and see what has made other franchises into champions. Like so many of you have pointed out, it is much more than one player that makes the difference.

    Vikings will win the SB in the near future if they fill a few holes. The core is there and they now have an opportunity to show us. Our offense will still give other teams fits. If we can put a top 10 defense together we will win it hands down.
    I get what you are saying, good post.

    But, I was putting in terms of Fowler not getting the team. On paper it does not look so attractive now because we got rid of Moss.

  9. #9
    Vikadelic is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    150

    This is what happened...

    "jackyl" wrote:
    "Vikadelic" wrote:

    I disagree. As a business, the team is worth the same with or without Moss.
    Wrong. It's worth less, do to the drop there will be in merchandising or all the Moss products. And the fact that at this point they've messed with one of the keys to why the dome is selling out. They've made for a less revenue possibility, and that lowers the value to a prospective owner.
    The merchandising for jersey's etc goes through NFL properties. That revenue is split amongst the entire league. The merchandise revenue will be there regardless of where Moss plays. This was part of the owners revenue sharing program a few years back. That is also why the NFL can dictate what the players wear as part of their uniform. Because the NFL owns it, not the franchise.

    Now that we have gotten that out of the picture, look at an NFL franchise from the standpoint of a business. Players are not assets. Players are not assessed as positive cash flow for the franchise. When the numbers are crunched players are red ink. Especially in the case of a team with a huge national fan base. Owners can slash millions from the payroll and still have a team that is worth exactly the same. The value comes from the fan base and positive revenue brought in by the franchise itself. Not the players.

    I understand where you are coming from on this and I'd love to believe that Moss alone made the team worth an extra 100 million but it just isn't so. In some ways, the team is more valuable to Fowler as he just saved several million in cash that he would have been responsible for this year.

  10. #10
    jackyl's Avatar
    jackyl is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,662

    This is what happened...

    I'm quite familiar how it works, I deal with it everyday. Try getting someone to pay the same for the Colts with Manning, as they would without him..... wouldn't happen. Also, product liscence... teams make more based off of item. Why do you think that Red made such a big deal in his PC w/ Fowler on all the added products they marketed since he took over, and how that helped improve the financial status of the organization?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What ever happened to....
    By clark_griswold in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 04:48 AM
  2. What happened at Day 2...
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
  3. Has this happened to you?
    By Vikes316 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 05:07 PM
  4. Every wonder what happened too .....
    By mnjamie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 11:27 PM
  5. What happened
    By triedandtruevikesfan in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 09:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •